View Full Version : is this a silly idea?

rach
September 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/silly2.jpghttp://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/silly.jpg

admittedly length would help but i really don't know what to make of it.

yeah or nay ?

does this look silly?

twolunarspring
September 19th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I like it :)

Elphie
September 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I don't think it looks silly at all, quite good in fact! Great contrasting ficcare color too, btw.

eadwine
September 19th, 2009, 09:07 AM
The color contrast is ok, but I am kinda.. hrmmm.. at the ends there. With them tucked in it will be better :)

basak
September 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I don't think it's silly at all. But, maybe you can curl your ends a little? Maybe with the sock method.

yellowchariot
September 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I think it looks very unique! But, what do I know, I'm a guy :D haha!

Though I have noticed a few "new" styles lately that consist of some kind of an updo/twist, with a free flowing ponytail

So here's my vote :thumbsup:

rach
September 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM
admittedly the ends are the bits that are bugging me. if i had more length it might work?
heres the furthest i can extend it.....
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/updo.jpg
but his is where i struggle with my layers comparable to my true thickness higher up :(

Nouveaux
September 19th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Maybe if you put the ends in little rollers (Anything really, like braiding them and rolling them up in paper towels) while wet, and then letting them down when you did the style, it'd give you a little more movement and they'd be a soft focal point instead of merely being there?

That said, I like it :D

rach
September 19th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Maybe if you put the ends in little rollers (Anything really, like braiding them and rolling them up in paper towels) while wet, and then letting them down when you did the style, it'd give you a little more movement and they'd be a soft focal point instead of merely being there?

That said, I like it :D

rope-braid might do that well . mmm

Konstifik
September 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
It looks nice, but as others have said, maybe curl the ends a bit? :)

KatKeRo
September 19th, 2009, 09:42 AM
With a little lenght it will look good. Now it's a bit silly.

Silver & Gold
September 19th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I like the idea and I agree, the longer your hair gets the better it will look. I think of it like a fancy ponytail/twist.

Here's something to try, the same idea but don't twist it up. Just twist your ponytail down and secure it. That might work with a ficcare. I believe I tried this because i don't have enough length to do what you've done, it's better to tuck my ends. But if you would like more hair to hang down this would work for you.

However I think what you have looks fine too.

linda g
September 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Dang it! I voted "yes" meaning I like it, not "yes, it is silly" :( So switch one of those votes mentally, since I am a doofus.

Backliteyes
September 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I think it looks okay, but with length and thickness I think it would look stellar if you braided the end. It would really show off how long it is if it's twisted up like that, and then you STILL have a respectable braid coming out of it.

GoddesJourney
September 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I like it.

fluffybunny
September 19th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I'm going to have to be the oddball here-- I like the hanging ends. I'd prefer a less ornamented clip, but that's just my general preference in clips & sticks.

rexy
September 19th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Would it look better tucked in? Yes probably. But is looks good, especially with the blue.

rach
September 19th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I like the idea and I agree, the longer your hair gets the better it will look. I think of it like a fancy ponytail/twist.

Here's something to try, the same idea but don't twist it up. Just twist your ponytail down and secure it. That might work with a ficcare. I believe I tried this because i don't have enough length to do what you've done, it's better to tuck my ends. But if you would like more hair to hang down this would work for you.

However I think what you have looks fine too.

the ponytail thing doesn't seem to work with me . i'm able to do half ups ?
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/smallsninny.png but not full pony tail.

thought i'd give this a go. i seem to going through and odd phase with what to do with my length. finding thing like french twists odd as it's to long to do straight on bit too short to fold inside after it's rolled (not sure i've explained that well) - looks bun like and not at all french twist like so im using tiny crocodile clips at times if i want some off a bun till i pass this praise .

purplebubba
September 19th, 2009, 10:52 AM
It looks like a snail shell. Reminds me of the styles they wore in the 60's or 70's

As far as silly or not. Everything when done for the first time has potential to look odd or silly. But that's not because it is. Its just new. If more people did it or got used to seeing it it would not be odd or silly.

Lots of people wear scrunchies. They aren't silly or odd. But some out there like to put people down for wearing them. The scrunchies are not the problem. Its the people who feel they have the right to make the rules and expect everyone else to conform to them.

Themyst
September 19th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I like it, but it does look like some hair fell out of your twist and so it will bug some people.

rach
September 19th, 2009, 11:04 AM
It looks like a snail shell. Reminds me of the styles they wore in the 60's or 70's

As far as silly or not. Everything when done for the first time has potential to look odd or silly. But that's not because it is. Its just new. If more people did it or got used to seeing it it would not be odd or silly.

Lots of people wear scrunchies. They aren't silly or odd. But some out there like to put people down for wearing them. The scrunchies are not the problem. Its the people who feel they have the right to make the rules and expect everyone else to conform to them.
snail shell - i like that bit of it.

:flower: i hear were your coming from and i agree , i also think i'm very aware of my ends and how they look at the moment, which doesn't help.
hay this is from a person who won't do braids normally because she thinks it looks too short still, but that's just me :rolleyes: , good for evan wave making :D

probably work much better say in a years plus time .

ooo
September 19th, 2009, 11:19 AM
it kind of looks like your ends have fallen out of your updo. it's not so much silly, as it looks messy. the rest of the style is brilliant.

Radulfr
September 19th, 2009, 11:33 AM
No, it doesn't look silly to me. Looks as good as other styles out there.

jahof45
September 19th, 2009, 11:49 AM
That's awesome! Put a loose curl on the free end and presto, very cool do!

Ryanne
September 19th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Not silly, I sort of like it, but it does look like most of you hair fell out, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Esperanza
September 19th, 2009, 11:58 AM
With the ends tucked in, I would really like it; in fact, I do my hair that way sometimes (except I don't have a beautiful clip like yours). With the ends out, my personal preference would be to have them curled, but hey, that is just my opinion, and it's YOUR hair, so go with whatever you like.

redneckprincess
September 19th, 2009, 12:08 PM
where do you guys (ladies) get those big cilppy things? my hair is nowhere near long enough for one yet but Id still like to know so when it is long enough i might want one

Quixii
September 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I like it! I agree that it kinda looks like your ends fell out, though. Perhaps if you tucked it up, or curled it like some people are suggesting, so it looks more purposeful? :)

BlndeInDisguise
September 19th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I actually like them shorter--to me it looks more like you meant for it to be a messy updo, rather than that your ends just fell out. I think it looks really neat, and would look even better if the ends were curled a bit. :)

LutraLutra
September 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM
No, not silly, but like some other people said, I think it needs something to finish the loose ends off (curls, braids, some kind of tie).

Sissy
September 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I think it's cute and far better of an updo than I could master :-)

prittykitty
September 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
No, it looks nice with your hair.

Speckla
September 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I'd say it's the best of both world. Updo and length in one style. It's beautiful. And I love the color contrast.

Cinnamon Hair
September 19th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Not silly. I like it a lot actually!

LadyGunn
September 19th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I like it, but it does look like some hair fell out of your twist and so it will bug some people.

I actually ended up with one somewhat similar to this, due to it falling out. I kinda liked it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2581/3923742906_15a3b55a91.jpg

I'm at hip length, so if you curl yours when it gets a little longer, I think it'll be adorable. Especially with your colour. I have another shot (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1778&pictureid=22758) in my album on here with a twist very like yours, held with two sticks. The ends are sticking out a bit (it was taken about a year ago I think), but now they stick out enough that I have a fat little sausage curl hanging over my shoulder.

where do you guys (ladies) get those big cilppy things? my hair is nowhere near long enough for one yet but Id still like to know so when it is long enough i might want one

They're Ficcares (http://www.ficcare.com/) - a beautiful invention.

missfortune9335
September 19th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I think it's really cute, except I would curl the ends with some foamy rollers the night before or something. Very nice :)

windinherhair
September 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I don't think it looks silly. I think it would like nice with the ends tucked in, but you should wear it the way you like. :)

sneakybea
September 19th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I like it! I think having the ends left out makes it look artfully undone.
Also I love your color and shine!

RancheroTheBee
September 20th, 2009, 01:57 AM
I love it, especially with the toy. :)

Aer
September 20th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I also like it. I think it looks kind of elegant, but with a touch of wild to it. I think the ends look okay to me, it gives it slight attitude in my opinion, but if your looking for something a little neater, you could try tucking them.

bluewhiteblue
September 20th, 2009, 04:23 AM
I really like it! I think some curled ends would also look nice. The blue is a beautiful contrast.

rach
September 20th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I actually ended up with one somewhat similar to this, due to it falling out. I kinda liked it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2581/3923742906_15a3b55a91.jpg

I'm at hip length, so if you curl yours when it gets a little longer, I think it'll be adorable. Especially with your colour. I have another shot (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1778&pictureid=22758) in my album on here with a twist very like yours, held with two sticks. The ends are sticking out a bit (it was taken about a year ago I think), but now they stick out enough that I have a fat little sausage curl hanging over my shoulder.

They're Ficcares (http://www.ficcare.com/) - a beautiful invention.
oooo i like that, haven't tried this with my flexi8 clip .
hip length you say..... give me abit of time and this i think this could really work and would be long enough to wave naturally.

Juanita
September 20th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Looks good. Nice for going casual.

embee
September 20th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I think it looks fine. It's a great style for making long hair "down" more wearable in public. If the tail were down to your waist you'd have the same damage potential of long loose hair but this way you get to have some loose length and still mostly protect. It's a style I've tried several times but it doesn't look very good on me personally, sad to say - my fairytale ends are just too thin, tail looks pathetic!

StellaReade
September 20th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I think it's absolutely fantastic, I wouldn't change a thing! Seriously, it's awesome, and I think I will try it when my hair gets long enough.

Isa-belle
September 20th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I think it looks lovely! Your ends are healthy, which to me is why you can totally pull this off. Curled ends would look even prettier, but IMO it works great as it is, too :)

ktani
September 20th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I voted no. I also think it looks great as is. Curled ends are an option but straight is fine by me.

lorig713
September 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I like it :)

Me too. :)

Little_Bird
September 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I really like it! It looks sort of hippy chic, with the ends falling over.

I think it's a keeper style :D Looks elegant too. And I love the ficcare contrast with your hair colour!

aahavaa
September 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I really love it just as it is! When I first saw it I thought wow that looks so cool!! I wouldnt change a thing.Now I wish I knew how to do it LOL

23_seconds
September 20th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Not silly at all, I like it a lot :flower: Also, your ficcare is very pretty with your hair color.

Jinx2234
September 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I like it, it's kind of fancy with the twist but at the same time fun with the ends dangling down.

JamieLeigh
September 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM
I like the style on the right side of the screen much better! But neither looks silly. I love that clip! It looks very nice with your hair color. :D

little_acorn
September 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
I do this style with a fork through the loop at the top and the ends tucked in - so I like it :D