PDA

View Full Version : Members in France, help me please

free_hug
September 19th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Dears,

I left my home country of Hungary to live in France for a year or two, and for this i have two questions to all those who are more familiar than myself with living in this country.

1st: how do i find the famous "french board"?

2nd: <commercial product warning> what do you think about the Petit Marseillais products, especially for COing?

I do hope these questions are not totally misplaced in the Mane Forum... i sort of tried asking in the European social group too, but members don't seem to visit the place very often. Admins, i know you'll move the thread to the right place if there's any trouble with it!

Thanks for all answers - in advance :)

slz
September 19th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I live in France but I won't be much help I'm afraid - first I have no idea what you mean by "french board" :o ,could you explain please ?
Then I have occasionally used the shower gels from the Petit Marseillais brand, but never their hair stuff, so I couldn't tell you.

Tomato
September 19th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Hi, here is a link to a french long hair community... also available in french. I do not know if there other french sites besides that, but it might give you some clues where to find other sites and suitable products.
In the LHC ther is a french member calles Isabelle who als has her own site about natural cosmetics, may she can held you.

http://isaetno.free.fr/indexeng.html

free_hug
September 19th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Hm, i vaguely remember people mentioning "the french board", referring to a similar long hair forum... i might have misunderstood though :confused: not being a native english speaker (writer:)) and at the moment i didnt pay much attention to the issue either.
The point is, if anyone knows a french language long hair forum, similar to this site, recommend please :) that's all.

Slz, back in the old days (the first time i lived here for a longer period) i used their soaps and shower stuff, which were pretty good - nice smell, nice result, more or less natural, etc etc. But i wasn't so interested in haircare products at the time, so now i would love to read some opinions :)

free_hug
September 19th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Tomato, thanks a bunch :blossom:

slz
September 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Oops sorry I didn't get it the first time - I don't know if it's "the famous one", but the board mentioned by Tomato is quite active and interesting. I went there for a while, not for very long though since I forgot about it and I think they cancelled my account due to lack of activity :o .
Direct link to the forum : here (http://www.leschevelus.com/forum.htm) .

Isa-belle
September 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hello free_hug :)
I am French and I am an admin on a long hair forumhere. You can find us here (http://www.longcheveux.e3b.org/index.php) . It is a friendly place and we have lots of fun (besides exchanging tips and experiences on growing and caring for long hair) :)

About the Petit Marseillais brand - I'm afraid I can't be of much help, as I've switched to natural products; but a section in our forum is devoted to COing and another section gathers our reviews on various brands.

Loreley
September 23rd, 2009, 12:52 AM
Hungary!!!! Én is onnan vagyok!!! :cheese:

Lucky
September 23rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
I see that the link to the French board is already up.

As for the Petit Marseillais brand, I don't really use it, but as far as I know it's a good brand (I don't know if there are 'cones are not). You could certainly give the products a try, they're quite affordable so if you're not happy with the results, you wouldn't be out a lot of money.

Bonne chance :)

jel
September 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
I often visit France, and I love LPM shampoos and conditioners! I like the white one (linen, IIRC?) for long hair, but my holy grail product must be the shea butter and honey deep treatment:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/P1010013.jpg

I often use it as the second C in my CWC, it leaves my hair strong, smooth and detangled, and smells divine! :D