PDA

View Full Version : Hairline question

JaneinMarch
September 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Do you guys comb your hair back from your forehead or just let it hang on either side of a center part?

I have issues with thinning at the temples and all across the front of my forehead, some of it is nutrition and stress related, but what is the healthiest direction to comb the hair? :)

shudder:

CindyLea1
September 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Are you talking guys as in the males??

I (being a woman) comb mine back from the forehead. I do have a bit of long bangs/fringe. It does whatever it wants to most of the time.

If you have thining hair in the front areas, this may help mask it??

Quixii
September 19th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I have a centre part. :)

sneakybea
September 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I have bangs now, but I part my hair on the left, for several reasons. a. I have a cowlick there. b. I don't like my nose, and a center part draws attention to it. c. My vision in my left eye is superior to my vision in my right, and if my hair is going to fall over one eye, I want it to be the bad one!
When I didn't have bangs, I couldn't brush it back from the hairline because it just wouldn't stay. Maybe I have a low hairline or something.

JaneinMarch
September 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Thank you all for your input! I have a center part because I've combed it that way for many years and it doesn't seem to put too much stress on the hairs. I think I just have to make sure those temple areas receive a massage every few days. Since they're thin I'm afraid of combing too roughly, making them thinner.

Sissy
September 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM
This is an interesting question you've asked and I'll be watching to read the responses because I've often wondered the same thing.

I have a center part but sometimes I wash my hair all back and then I get out of the shower and wet comb it from the forehead back and then I brush it that way. I have often wondered if I'm creating more damage by forcing it to go a different way? Or, could we be doing damage to our hair by always letting the center part remain and never changing it? For example, will our part get too wide and our hair thin out there?

Sometimes I get paranoid when I look at my hair from the back because at the top center I can see my scalp and it makes me wonder if I am losing too much hair where my part is!

I do look forward to hearing more responses to your question.

meowmeow
September 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I usually just let it hang from the centre part.