PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to clarify now?

Toadstool
September 18th, 2009, 05:55 AM
aqua, pvp,chitosan,, lactic acid,PEG-40, hydrogenated castor oil, polysorbate 20, DMDM hydrantoin, PEG-60 almond glycerides, polysorbate 80, parfum, panthenyl ethyl ether, butylene glycol, benzyl salicylate, iodopropynyl butyl carbamate, panthenol, butylphenyl methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, limonene, alpha -isomethyl ionone, citronellol, linalool.

I used a gel-spray yesterday with all the above ingredients. I washed my hair today (sulphate and silicone free) but my hair feels wrong. Is there something in there I need sulphates to remove?
sorry for any spelling errors - it was really hard to read the ingredients on the back of the spray.

Isilme
September 18th, 2009, 06:05 AM
well, I'm not sure what pvp is, but linalool is fat from sheep and is rather...fat. So, yes, use something with sulphates.

OhioLisa
September 18th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I agree. Castor oil is pretty high on the list. It can be difficult to get out, so I would definitely try some sulfates. :)

Fencai
September 18th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I agree with the others.. I would use something with Sulphates to get that out.

Toadstool
September 18th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Thank you all. Oh my God I am vegetarian and I just used sheep oil:(:(

ericthegreat
September 18th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Toadstool, whenever I do feel that my hair has too much product buildup that is when I will break out of my normal CO routine and include shampoo into my routine. But I personally only use high quality, expensive moisturizing shampoos whenever I do decide to use a shampoo and I of course will always use my conditioner afterward. One of my shampoos that I really like is Frederic Fekkai's Olive Oil Glossing Shampoo(I have the matching conditioner to go with it). This particular shampoo is very gentle and doesn't leave my hair feeling dry. I agree with all the above posters, a good quality shampoo should help to remove the buildup.

marikamt
September 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Does anyone else wish they had a degree in chemistry so they could take better care of their hair... ?:lol:

Sorry for the hijack ......

Arctic
September 18th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Linalool has nothing to do with sheep or wool.

Linalool (pronounced /lɪˈnælɵ.ɒl/) is a naturally-occurring terpene alcohol chemical found in many flowers and spice plants with many commercial applications, the majority of which are based on its pleasant scent (floral, with a touch of spiciness). It has other names such as β-linalool, linalyl alcohol, linaloyl oxide, p-linalool, allo-ocimenol and 2,6-dimethyl-2,7-octadien-6-ol. wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linalool)

Arctic
September 18th, 2009, 08:51 AM
chitosan on theother hand, may be from animals.

Chitosan is produced commercially by deacetylation of chitin , which is the structural element in the exoskeleton of crustaceans (crabs, shrimp, etc.) and cell walls of fungi. wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitosan)

Anyway, no harm in clarifying, my hair is always gorgeous after them :D

Thinthondiel
September 18th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Linalool has nothing to do with sheep or wool.

I think maybe Isilme was thinking of lanolin, and not linalool.

Toadstool
September 19th, 2009, 03:20 AM
thank you everyone. I had no idea I needed to use sulphates to remove oils. Doesn't that kind of defeat the point??:confused:

Thank you for the recommendations Eric. I however am trying to use only products which state on the bottle that they are not animal-tested (the above product was clearly an aberration in so many ways!) I like to use Faith in Nature and Original Source for that reason.:)