PDA

View Full Version : After kids...

motormuffin
September 17th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Did your hair change after you had children? Mine went from bone straight and super fine to wavier and coarser.

frizzinator
September 18th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Your hair might be dry. It is not always easy to identify because hair can be dry and yet be oily near the scalp at the same time.

twolunarspring
September 18th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I experienced some hair loss, but the nature of my hair stayed the same.

lonestargal
September 18th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Did your hair change after you had children? Mine went from bone straight and super fine to wavier and coarser.

Mine did the exact same thing. It used to be stick straight and I never took care of it and looking back at pics it looked good. Now it's wurly and wavy and IMO doesn't look good but it's at a very awkward stage slightly above shoulders.

OhioLisa
September 18th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Mine went from 1b to what it is now. Luckily, I like the changes. :D

Sheltie_Momma
September 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I had HUGE hair sheds after both kids. I have new growth all over my head - my daughter just turned two - the new growth is about 6 inches long but curls up to about 3 inches visually. So I have a halo of frizz - but it is getting better. At first I had only an inch or two and it looked like little bangs in the front, that was a really cute look...

Eden Iris
September 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
My hair got a lot wavier during pregnancy and is only now starting to straighten a bit (youngest is 2.5). Not sure if it's hormones or henna that is responsible for the straightening, though. Texture is still baby fine as always, except for the white hairs.

rach
September 18th, 2009, 11:47 AM
massive shed which is now at shoulder length after my third child but hair has petty much stayed the same in general.

Aer
September 18th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I experienced hair change. I did have shedding and I hated that, but it went back to normal. My hair actually seems to have gotten finer, which isn't what I wanted, but it also got a lot darker, and that was really cool.

motormuffin
September 18th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I experienced hair change. I did have shedding and I hated that, but it went back to normal. My hair actually seems to have gotten finer, which isn't what I wanted, but it also got a lot darker, and that was really cool.
Oh yeah...mine did get darker too. It's weird how things effect some people and not others. Another weird thing is that my eye sight improved.

JamieLeigh
September 18th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Yes, but mine went from straight and coarse, to fine and wavy. :D Of course, I've had five kids all in a row and some health problems that have affected my hair as well.