PDA

View Full Version : Great blog post about not cutting your hair when you hit your 40s!

sneakybea
September 17th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hi there! I was doing some online research and I just happened to find this really awesome blog post from a woman who is being pestered to cut her hair now that she's in her forties. I especially love her dad's response!
http://susansenator.com/blog/2006/11/hair-peace-and-dads-response.html
Thought you folks might appreciate it; I know I do!

marikamt
September 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM
OH! I love it!!!!!! Her dad's response was wonderful!

eadwine
September 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah, that response, PERFECT :D

pradabacon
September 17th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Very nice article and Dad's response is too cute. :D

going gray
September 18th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Enjoyed reading that blog, thanks so much for posting it. Imagine what the critics say about women with long hair in their sixities!!!

marzipanthecat
September 18th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Her dad is nice.

I like the bit about colouring it like a rainbow...

Her hair looks nice too - and oh dear, although it is of course "long", it isn't actually what I'd classify as long-enough-to-warrant-nagging-her-to-cut-it. Not that I think anyone should have to put up with that "Cut your hair!" nonsense, I just wonder how short it has to be to make people think it is short enough to be acceptable.

Nice blog entry. Thank you for sharing this one!

Pumpkin
September 18th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Great blog!!! Loved her Dad's response.

AprilElf
September 18th, 2009, 03:41 AM
That was wonderful to read. :) Thanks for posting the link!

heatherdazy
September 18th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Her hair seems to fit her overall look to me, but I've never understood the age/hair length thing. If you're getting thicker around the middle, developing little wrinkles, and are a little less hard and toned then you used to be, wouldn't you want a soft hairstyle?

JamieLeigh
September 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
It's definitely awesome to see a person who is comfortable with herself at the age she is, and not bending to whatever Oprah says she should look like. :flower:

Unofficial_Rose
September 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Her hair looks really nice as it is - I'm glad she's keeping it.

Her dad is a sweetheart.

embee
September 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Very nice. :) Thanks for sharing.

bigmama8
September 18th, 2009, 04:20 PM
That is a great blog post! Thanks for sharing it. Her dad's comment was awesome. It really bothers me when people try to convince me I need to get short hair.

Amoretti
September 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Great Blog; thanks for the link! :) It makes me wonder how short her hair would have to be to be short enough.:confused:

OR Cowgirl
September 18th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I want a dad like that!!!! Great blog, thanks for the link!