PDA

View Full Version : And here I thought I'd never have to ask! Hair typing help?

Kaileida
September 17th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I pegged myself at 1c/2a originally, but I always combed my hair straight while it was wet and then I realized how bad it is to do that. >_<
Anyway, other people who claim to have 1c/2a hair, theirs doesn't look like mine if I leave it be. Pictures didn't turn out sooo great but here's an attempt:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/49/l_2b5e5c8d63b346e39ed0a0642099b93b.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/33/l_c0947f00c58a46eb8f8004441979f20f.jpg

One last question: should I cut my fringe back in? I don't have any great pictures of it but when I used to have bangs, they were kinda wispy, little past my eyebrows. And I looooved Alexis Bledel's hair in the last seasons of Gilmore Girls. Would that suit me or no?

Addy
September 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I think if you turned around and gave us a view of the back, it'd probly be a little easier to tell. ;)

Kaileida
September 17th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I'd have to go SLS it right now, hehe, I haven't switched to no-cones yet so it's at its rather straight status right now. Plus my camera isn't quite... adequate...

Quixii
September 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I agree with getting a back view.
But it looks like the short hairs are straighter than the longer hairs, which end in curls. Does that seem correct?

Also, I haven't seen the last season of Gilmore Girls, but a Google image search led me to this (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/o_orange/Alexis-Bledel-gg02.jpg) - I think those bangs would look nice, if they're the ones you are talking about. =)

Kaileida
September 17th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah, the curls start right at my ears so any pieces shorter than that are either stick straight or a little flippy. And her bangs were maybe juuust a tad thicker than that in GG. But I'm glad to hear it would look nice, so I'll keep thinking on it (two weeks! Two weeks!) and have my mind made up when I go in for a trim next month.

yellowchariot
September 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry, i'm not good at hair typing, but I just wanted to say that your dark wavy hair looks pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Kaileida
September 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Thank you! I had some crazy awesome French braid waves a while back, sadly I think those pictures were lost in the great phone death of July...

Toadstool
September 17th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I think you look really great without a fringe! But you are very attractive so probably with would suit you too.
I'm no expert but your hair does look more than a 2a to me.

marikamt
September 17th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I am no expert either, but based on the waves I see, you are in the 2's......

maskedrose
September 17th, 2009, 10:43 PM
There is some definite wurl action going on at the bottom. Tentative guess would be 2bish, but your hair type will probably change as you get longer. As for the fringe, I think you look lovely without, but you would probably look great with them as well.

Kaileida
September 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Haha, thanks for the help everyone :) I'll clarify and get back to you on the picture of the back of my head. I was thinking 2b/2c but no one really has hair that looks like mine on the visual hairtyping guide!

Centifolia
September 19th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Ermm... I think I finally found a texture hair twin. ahah Or I don't know, but at least it have some similar characteristics. My hair is just something past BSL, but super layered and growing out bangs. My canopy is really shorter than the rest of my hair (so I don't know if that is related) and just wavy (really similar with your second picture), but all my underlayers are much wavier, ending on curls, and some sections behind my ears (also short) are really curly.

Actually, I think I will just know my hairtype when I have all my hair longer and rid of damage. So I think you look REALLY GOOD without fringe, and that is the only way you could find your hairtype accurately.

edit: (but I think you should be something like 2c/3a with longer hair)

Kaileida
September 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Centifolia, do you do anything with your hair wet? If I comb mine out it's 1b all the way to the ends which curl every which way (in the front, the back is consistently wavy), but if I leave it alone it looks like this.

Kaileida
September 20th, 2009, 12:51 AM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7315/004918s.jpg

There we are! They're right in between waves and curls (wurls, we call those?).

manderly
September 20th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I'm terrible at hairtyping. :)

Just wanted to let you know that with your type, you're probably going to have to re-examine your typing when you reach a longer length, such as APL or BSL. That's when the wurls and curls start to really come out and behave differently.

I've changed my hairtype 2 times in my 2 years here, each time it's gone progressively curlier :)

melikai
September 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I think you're going to be around 2b, but as Manderly said, it'll probably change as it grows longer.
As for the bangs, it would depend on how much you want to style your hair. With wavy hair, and judging by the little flips/cowlicks you have at your forehead, bangs will be a PITA to maintain, if you don't want to have to wash and heatstyle them. In order to keep mine flat and looking nice, I had to wash daily and use a blowdryer. However, a lot of people here have bangs and love them - this is just my own experience with them.

Brat
September 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I think you're super cute and should leave your fringe that length and let the rest grow!

Kaileida
September 20th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks everyone :)
And to those who say I'm cute... pshaw! :o