PDA

View Full Version : Monistat Application Question

Hierophant
September 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I am new to this forum and I have used the search feature and read tons of threads on this topic, but I am still unclear on a few things and would like to post this question to the forum. Sorry if this has been covered before :horse:and I just couldn't locate it (and some of the good threads have hundreds of pages!)

I am a guy and am trying to grow my hair out long. I have a slow growth rate (less than 1/2 inch per month ... closer to 1/4 inch per month). I have also had bad dandruff issues in the past and have had a anti-fungal prescribed to me as a shampoo (and it did work - I am better now). My thought is that maybe fungal agents are slowing my growth...:wail:

Now I tend to use the WO method (with a shampoo a couple times per week), but am seriously considering using Monistat 2% or 4%. My questions are:

(1) How do I apply the cream? (do I mix with water in a bottle to apply, and if so what mixture ratio do you ladies/guys recommend?
(2) Do I leave it in all day, or let it set for a few minutes and rinse it out?
(3) How often do I apply? Every day? Or only a few times per week?

Thanks!

wintersun99
September 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Addy
September 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I have used the 2% because the 4% gives me a pounding head ache. I would section my hair into 4 parts and work on one section at a time, making 1" sections in my hair rubbing it in undiluted with my fingers. When I'd do it, I'd go every other day and leave it on over night. I stopped because I get lazy. :D

I hope you see results! Good luck and keep us posted! :cool:

Hierophant
September 18th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks Winters and Addy.

Did I understand you both correctly that you did not apply and then wash out, but instead applied while wet (after washing) and left it in the hair until the next wash?

Thanks!

Jason
September 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks Winters and Addy.

Did I understand you both correctly that you did not apply and then wash out, but instead applied while wet (after washing) and left it in the hair until the next wash?

Thanks!

That's how I apply it. I try to leave it in for at least 2 days before shampooing my hair again.

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I mix mine with baby oil shea butter and water. I do mine daily leave it in all day.