PDA

View Full Version : Pilates hair?

Gothic Lolita
September 17th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'm starting a Pilates call next Tuesday, out of curiosity and hopefully improving my posture with it. I've never done anything alike before and do not really know how to wear my hair for the classes.

I need something that is fast, secure and doesn't involves something like French or Dutch braiding, since I'm too dumb to do that on my own hair.

Any ideas?

GlennaGirl
September 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure how secure this would feel for you, but I put a bun very high on my head when I do Pilates, only because the mat work often entails lying on one's back and I don't like to crush and smoosh my bun.

pilateschick7
September 17th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I also use a very high bun so that the mass of the bun is no getting in the way of my neck alignment during the roll down or hundred. (mat work)

I tried wearing it in a pony tail once. My hair was caught on the springs of the Reformer.

A English or Dutch braid also works well for me. I just keep it over my shoulder during mat work. My braids are not very pretty:)

Pilates definitely helped my posture and alignment. I hope you enjoy it. You will probably be sore in your abdominal muscles.
HTH

Das Siechtum
September 17th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Flexi8 Infinity bun?

RoseRedDead
September 17th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I do either a single braid or twin braids. You can move it out of the way when you're lying on the mat. :)

Hiriel
September 17th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I always do two braids for exercise, so that I can lie on my back comfortably.

twolunarspring
September 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I do two braids on either side of my head if I'm doing something like pilates, or if I'm doing yoga or something more dynamic, I'll do the same, and then loop them up so they hang like little ears... not sure how else to explain it?

Otherwise, I end up either with a very uncomfortable bun under my head when laying down, or being smacked in the face by my own braids :D