PDA

View Full Version : Picture making fun of long hair

Olivia23
September 16th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I don't know for sure if I can post this link or not, but it's called http://***************.com/?paged=2 anyway it's a funny site. They usually post pictures of weird looking people/things at walmart, but in this pic they are making fun of a girl with long hair. I happen to think her hair is lovely!

Beatnik Guy
September 16th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Oh, the bathroom thing; such originality. :rolleyes:
She has awesome hair.

frodolaughs
September 16th, 2009, 06:06 PM
That's beautiful hair. Thank you for sharing. Maybe she's on here?

Themyst
September 16th, 2009, 06:06 PM
OH, HORRORS! I've seen that site before. Simply trash. The cads.

And, I loved that girls hair! *jealous*

Aer
September 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM
That is gorgeous hair! The bathroom thing is so stupid, they should use logic and realize that you would pull your hair up like you do a dress when you go to the restroom. They are just jealous. I'm jealous too, but I am honest about it.

Short2Long2009
September 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
If they don't have anything nice to say...

Olivia23
September 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
The comments on it are so mean and rude. Most are saying how much maintenance it must be and how she "has a mental illness".

Someone else said that "I think it’s hilarious that other “longhairs” are on here defending their creepy long hair. However “lovely” you may think it is, it’s just weird–and you look like a tool. Anything that requires that much maintenance just isn’t worth it."

All I can say is most the guys at my work love long haired women!!! They are always wanting us to take our hair down so they can see it.

GlennaGirl
September 16th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I don't know for sure if I can post this link or not, but it's called http://***************.com/?paged=2 anyway it's a funny site. They usually post pictures of weird looking people/things at walmart, but in this pic they are making fun of a girl with long hair. I happen to think her hair is lovely!

You know, I don't know...that site is knocking absolutely everybody, and in very cruel ways, so I myself wouldn't be so surprised to see long hair being made fun of too.

Opal25
September 16th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Her hair is absolutely gorgeous - far from cousin IT & definitely more appealing.

(temp hijack: poor kid on a leash though...[couple of photos down])

Themyst
September 16th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Her hair is absolutely gorgeous - far from cousin IT & definitely more appealing.

(temp hijack: poor kid on a leash though...[couple of photos down])

errr ... but I thought Cousin It was cool ... :p

clairenewcastle
September 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM
All I see is the most AMAZING hair! Whoever you are with those gorgeous locks - just ignore the whole thing going on with that awful caption. We all think you're so beautiful!
Someone somewhere is obviously suffering from the little green eyed monster.....

butterflycayton
September 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I can't wait till MY hair gets that long!!!! Why do people always try to put everyone in the same box???.......Everybody has to look the same"in style", Think the same, etc. Variety keeps life interesting

Nat242
September 16th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Taking photos of people without their knowledge with the express intent to post them on the internet for public ridicule is cruel and revolting behaviour.

The woman has lovely hair and does not deserve to be on that website, but then, no one does.

DarthCynthia
September 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Taking photos of people without their knowledge with the express intent to post them on the internet for public ridicule is cruel and revolting behaviour.

I agree. This is the sort of thing I'm seeing more and more and it's disgusting and sad. :(

Kaileida
September 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM
In: Mullets/Rat tails

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3101/2851814771_38b1ff5e57.jpg

Áine
September 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Wow, I hate to call people stupid, but those comments really are asinine.

Why is there the assumption that she's even going to be using a public restroom in the first place?

Here hair is clean, it's groomed... what's their problem?

Tyrinaniel
September 16th, 2009, 06:51 PM
See, that's why I like being strange. A woman's hair is her glory! When I was younger, my hair was always waist length and I got in trouble because girls would sit behind me to braid it, LOL!!

I love it when people are so immature, they can't think of anything creative. You know what I do? Be creative all over their faces. Big words, no cursing, and in the end, they're just dumb-struck.

cakedcake
September 16th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't get too offended because I think the reason some people might find this funny is her uncommonly long hair (of course, I would say it's beautiful and a type of beauty symbol) juxtaposed to her casual dress and the notoriously crappy Walmart environment. It creates a sort of disconnect, I think, especially if they don't know many people with very long hair because it seems like it belongs in a better looking place.

The mean comments are just what you find on the internet in general these days! Like, I don't even read comments on videos or news articles of any type because people always have crappy things to say when provided anonymity.

September 16th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Anything that requires that much maintenance just isn’t worth it.

Great strategy to life. I can't imagine what their home must look like if benign neglect is too much maintenance.

Addy
September 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
That is gorgeous hair! The bathroom thing is so stupid, they should use logic and realize that you would pull your hair up like you do a dress when you go to the restroom. They are just jealous. I'm jealous too, but I am honest about it.

I just pee on myself. I don't even have to pull my pants down. :D

Flynn
September 16th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Teehee... it is gorgeous hair, but the way it is sitting and the angle the pic is taken from, well, the Cousin It comparison does strongly suggest itself. XD

But, wow. Beautiful hair.

Speckla
September 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
If they don't have anything nice to say...

It'll be posted on that klassy site.:rolleyes:

BlndeInDisguise
September 16th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Don't you all know that you can't move hair--so it's impossible to move it out of the way when you go to the bathroom??? :rolleyes:

Such ignorance is not attractive. :rolleyes:

Tyrinaniel
September 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I just pee on myself. I don't even have to pull my pants down. :D
AHAHAH. Sorry, but you just made me laugh. It was so unexpected for me to see!

I can't help myself. When I'm on youtube or somewhere else, I have to say something, just because I'm not a conformist at all. I have a voice and it needs to be heard. But I do try to be tactful and polite. I do......

rapunzhell13
September 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM

The woman has lovely hair and does not deserve to be on that website, but then, no one does.

Nat, you read my mind. It horrifies me that so many people have nothing better to do than this. Yuck.

Carolyn
September 16th, 2009, 09:13 PM
A lot of the comments are sickening.

Rebelkat
September 16th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Her hair is beautiful. That's all there is to it.

I'm actually finding it hilarious nowadays that people think not conforming *particularly long hair* is a sign of mental illness. Oh yeah, letting someone else tell you how to dress, wear your hair, etc so that you'll "fit in" is the PERFECT image of mental health. As my grandmother used to say, "If ignorance is bliss, then there are some happy m*****f***ers out there." *I don't know if it's OK to even hint at that phrase, so I apologize if it isn't.* She was a wise woman.

Rebelkat
September 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
A lot of the comments are sickening.
And pathetic. Seriously. How does the way someone else wear their hair affect them? Why do they care so much? :hmm:

Teazel
September 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
As my grandmother used to say, "If ignorance is bliss, then there are some happy m*****f***ers out there." *I don't know if it's OK to even hint at that phrase, so I apologize if it isn't.* She was a wise woman.

AHAHAHAHAHA! That is priceless, Rebelkat! :rollin:

Quixii
September 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
The comments are just plain insulting! I mean, it's bad enough the pictures up there, but people are being really mean in the comments. They're also saying ridiculous things like "maybe she wipes with her hair" and stuff.
Don't they realize that there are people that can be really offended on the other end? Sigh. I guess that's the internet for you.

CaityBear
September 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
That's so rude. And out of line to be saying stuff like that.

Anyway, I thought her hair was absolutely gorgeous! I was want hair a couple inches shorter than that. And hopefully mine will be just as gorgeous. :P

Rebelkat
September 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM
The comments are just plain insulting! I mean, it's bad enough the pictures up there, but people are being really mean in the comments. They're also saying ridiculous things like "maybe she wipes with her hair" and stuff.
Don't they realize that there are people that can be really offended on the other end? Sigh. I guess that's the internet for you.
Yes. They do. It's basically a form of internet bullying, if you ask me. They are hiding behind a mask of anonymity and pushing people's buttons either because it makes them feel better about themselves, because they crave the attention, or because they just enjoy upsetting people. If you ask me, THEY are the ones with mental issues.

Tyrinaniel
September 16th, 2009, 10:32 PM
You know what I do? I sit back, laugh at the negative comments, and say, "Hah, they're a bunch of noobs." Yes. I say noob in real life.

If life was an RPG game, I'd go noob hunting in PvP. Yes, I'm a dork.

Laylah
September 16th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Wow, does it have any taper?! She has my dream hair :)

Themyst
September 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
It really does make me sick that these guys think it's funny to publicly ridicule people like this. How can anyone think it is funny to make someone feel bad? :nono:

It seems they are the ones with no class.

Ryanne
September 16th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Some of those are really offensive and fairly repetitive.

The Drood
September 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Some of those are really offensive and fairly repetitive.

I've always held the idea that sites like those are built around people who feel bad about themselves. Thus they project their feeling about themselves onto others. In an attempt to make themselves feel like the better being.

/end Pseudo-Psychology

adiapalic
September 16th, 2009, 11:49 PM
What is it with people thinking of someone with thigh+ long hair wiping their ass? Honestly.

ETA: I'm so glad I boycott Wal-mart anyway. This website is stupid.

teela1978
September 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I agree that the website is mostly stupid and just plain mean... but somewhere in there is a picture of a goat wandering near the refrigerated section that made me bust out laughing when my mom showed it to me.

Cindi Eponabri
September 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM
One of the many reasons why I don't shop at Walmart....

eadwine
September 17th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Unfortunately all those spoken out comments ARE what many people THINK but don't say out loud about hair that long. *shrug* It doesn't surprise me in any case.

Ruvie
September 17th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I was actually going to post this earlier, but got distracted by other things. Her hair is absolutely beautiful, and I agree that all these kids changing themselves to "fit in" is more of an illness than long hair. People would dive off a bridge if it were the in thing to do :-/

pluto_crna
September 17th, 2009, 02:25 AM
there will always be mean, jealous people but when i see hair as beautiful as hers i have to say dismiss the remarks and you go girl ;)

Finoriel
September 17th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I think sheīs cool, :wink: we could be cousins...

But honestly Iīm not surprised about the reactions either. The content of the site is rather poor, it is made to make fun of people who most likely have no idea about it. :shrug: On such sites it is to expect that comments are less than nice. Also, hair in that length is not too common and definitely not for everyone. Many people have no idea about the fact that hair can get that long :lol: and are simply shocked when they get to see something like that. Others know but donīt like the look of it, think itīs freakish and have no clue how to deal with that much length.
Itīs rude and poor education to express ones opinion in the way most people do on that site, but I donīt mind the fact that not everyone thinks that long hair is pretty. To each their own.

Hiriel
September 17th, 2009, 03:12 AM
And also quite illegal behaviour, I might add. (At least where I live.) Oh well.
I don't have the energy to get offended this early in the morning. Her hair is pretty though, and probably requires way less maintenance than those people would think :)

Unzadi
September 17th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I love it when people are so immature, they can't think of anything creative. You know what I do? Be creative all over their faces. Big words, no cursing, and in the end, they're just dumb-struck.

Hee. Yes, this exactly. Either that or a flat "interesting" or "really?" followed by a stare and stone cold silence.

marzipanthecat
September 17th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I didn't read the comments. They would just depress me (so much stupid in such a small space). I can pretty much predict how tedious all the talk would be. And how insulting.

But I did look through several more pages of photos, and I suppose it's really a comment on me that I like how a lot of these people look - there's a lady dressed entirely in gold clothing I thought looked fabulous, and a man in a vivid blue shirt and trousers which I just loved the colour of, and a lady in lime green trousers and a colourful top which I thought looked nice. And there's a photo where they are saying the woman looks like she reads tarot, but she looks totally ordinary and vanilla to me - maybe we're all a bit more eccentric here in the wilds of rural Devon... (I discount Totnes, where people really are a bit more eccentric. I fit right in there.)

Well, the whole point of that site is to be nasty. Boo to them.

Sigh.

Rigani
September 17th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Well put, marzipanthecat - I second that. :agree:

Her hair is drop-dead gorgeous! :heart:

I find it kind of sad and gross there are people who enjoy offending sensibilities of other people, behind their backs on the internet. I don't see the fun of it. :nono:

Sia
September 17th, 2009, 06:15 AM
We must all conform.
I guess any person who doesn't quite fit to the norm runs the risk of getting their picture posted on the net. Nice.

redcelticcurls
September 17th, 2009, 07:01 AM
There are some pretty funny pics on that site though. It is amazing how some people will go out in shorts shorter than their underwear, or use flashlights as headlights (that's what Ohio gets for no state inspection).

Or, the scary pics, like the kid with a plastic bag over her head as the parent/grandparent blithely looks on...

spidermom
September 17th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I didn't even notice that there were comments when I looked at the photo. I'm glad I didn't; sounds like a can of very ugly worms in there.

Gabbie
September 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Her hair is lovely. I wish mine was like that.

Shirlpunzel
September 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
beautiful hair, but I purposely skipped the comments. Not surprised by the excerpts I'm reading here though. Is it any wonder I've gotten to the point where I really don't like having my hair down in public anymore?

GlennaGirl
September 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Yes. They do. It's basically a form of internet bullying, if you ask me. They are hiding behind a mask of anonymity and pushing people's buttons either because it makes them feel better about themselves, because they crave the attention, or because they just enjoy upsetting people. If you ask me, THEY are the ones with mental issues.

This is spot-on and it's positively epidemic on the internet. Sometimes I do a little mental exercise: after reading something on the interwebs, I try to imagine someone--anyone, even the coarsest person--saying it face-to-face to another person; say, at a cocktail party, at a PTA meeting, waiting on line at the grocery store. I usually can't imagine such a thing.

The internet is fun and a great resource, but it's also a place for people who have accumulated a lifetime of hurt to lash out at whomever, whenever.

Okay. Off my soapbox now. :D

GlennaGirl
September 17th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Oh, and as an aside. On a certain forum I go on, there are subforums for almost every category: gardening, celebrities, electronics, everything.

Anyway, there is a relationships area as well, and guys very frequently post about what they want in a woman, and it's almost always physical and very, very specific. (I'm not being anti-guy here; I'm sure there are women every bit this shallow and then some--I just for some reason never seem to see the reverse on this particular forum I'm mentioning.)

On one such thread, where the men were debating exactly how much extra weight was too much on a woman and where they'd "draw the line" (10 lbs., 15 lbs., etc.) as well as how tall or short she must be, and what the "cutoff" was for age (typically they were saying "up to" their ages "possibly" "if they looked extra good for their ages" but definitely no older)...when I suddenly interjected and posted a question: "Would you all please post pictures of yourselves, gentlemen?"

Not a peep. The thread died then and there.

I wonder what would happen if these Walmart-spying dudes posted their own pictures. I'll bet we'd find "flaws" out the yin-yang and plenty of fodder for crucifying them until they cried...if we wanted to. If we were like that. :(

I just wonder if people who are that condemning of others ever think about things like that.

Yuck.

jenny'sdreaming
September 17th, 2009, 09:32 AM
anyway it's a funny site. They usually post pictures of weird looking people/things at walmart, but in this pic they are making fun of a girl with long hair. I happen to think her hair is lovely!

So it was ok before they picked on the long haired person? Making fun of everyone else on it was ok? :(

Sorry but I fail to see how one is ok but not the other?
ETA: I'm not saying that I didn't scroll through the rest of the site and chuckle at a few things but you can't go there to laugh at people and then get offended because you see something that represents you or what you desire a little too closely. We admire long hair, some people obviously admire lime green pants and mullets. If it's ok for you to think that those are a bad choice and go to that site to laugh at them then it has to be ok for someone else to make fun of the long hair. :twocents:

lynlora
September 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I find nothing funny about a site where innocent people are made fun of !!!!!!!!!

Opal25
September 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
errr ... but I thought Cousin It was cool ... :p

Lol...nothing against cousin it or anything. :whistle:

ZadenWillowfyre
September 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I saw that before this post and I thought the same thing...it's really pretty!!

Isa-belle
September 17th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Her hair is stunning!

But wow, so much hate. Why?

Someone on my sewing blog (and a place therefore where people are supposed to look at and comment - constructively - on the clothes I make, not at/on my person) once told me my long hair was gross. "Ewwwww" is how they phrased it. Surprise, surprise, the commenter was this widespread and oh-so-brave "Anonymous". Just why do some people decide to be so grossed out by long hair? And I don't even think my hair is that long. I just don't get it. :hmm:

spidermom
September 17th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I'm not fond of the "making fun of other people" component of this site, either, but I did enjoy Jurassic Park and the fox tail.

Little_Bird
September 17th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Of course her hair is lovely. Some people just can't see past dificulties of great lenghts but oh well.

It seems like a somewhat tasteless site... :confused:

rogue_psyche
September 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I hate Walmart, but I also hate sites like this. I think it is sad and a little ridiculous that people can get grossed out by long hair.

Also, how much do you want to bet that those "long hair is a sign of mental illness" people are Oprah drones that read that makeover linked here a month or so ago. Because as far as I know pulling OUT hair is a mental illness. This idea is a recent thing, right?

Rentlle
September 17th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I get sad of these things :(

Copasetic
September 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I think making fun of anyone based on how they look is cruel, whether it be long hair or unique makeup choices. :shrug:

Wicked Princess
September 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
This is the most mean-spirited site I've visited in a long while. I would never pass this site on as a recommendation. Out of curiosity, though, I paged through the site and I freely admit that I was amused at some of the pictures.

Semi-related Tangent

Did any of you see the Batman Beetle? I almost never read the comment sections of things like this - it will only upset me, and will rarely provide something that would enrich my day. I had to look at the comment section for the Batman Beetle, though...I couldn't imagine anyone would have something bad to say about it...it's cute! To my surprise, the comments were all positive! How refreshing. :)

End Tangent

My recommendation? Shrug things like this off as much as possible. Knee length hair is something that some of us aspire to, but it's not what one would call a significant percentage of the rest of the world :) As long as there are people who are different, there will be other people to make fun of them. It's a sad truth, one that I wish wasn't true, but it won't go away. Don't ever read the comment sections! There will never be anything of worth in there!

windinherhair
September 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I don't see how anyone could make fun of that, although I know those people are out there. It really dose look lovely to me too.

RedJen
September 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM
That site makes me sad. I'm especially sensitive to people being made fun of for their appearance-- you'd think I'd be used to it, considering some of the awful things that are said about redheads! Stuff like this is why I rarely have my hair down in public any more. Between the flogging for not having the trendy haircut of the moment (even though *most* people don't have the trendy haircut of the moment) and being shamed for not giving it away, it's just not worth it. Sometimes, it's hard to remember that there are nice, tolerant, accepting people out there.

redcelticcurls
September 18th, 2009, 12:02 AM
This is the most mean-spirited site I've visited in a long while. I would never pass this site on as a recommendation. Out of curiosity, though, I paged through the site and I freely admit that I was amused at some of the pictures.

Semi-related Tangent

Did any of you see the Batman Beetle? I almost never read the comment sections of things like this - it will only upset me, and will rarely provide something that would enrich my day. I had to look at the comment section for the Batman Beetle, though...I couldn't imagine anyone would have something bad to say about it...it's cute! To my surprise, the comments were all positive! How refreshing. :)

End Tangent

My recommendation? Shrug things like this off as much as possible. Knee length hair is something that some of us aspire to, but it's not what one would call a significant percentage of the rest of the world :) As long as there are people who are different, there will be other people to make fun of them. It's a sad truth, one that I wish wasn't true, but it won't go away. Don't ever read the comment sections! There will never be anything of worth in there!

The Batman Beetle was awesome. That was the best photo on the site!

The lady with the happy face Joe Boxer underwear in her see though dress was funny. Sorry, but that was just funny.

The woman wearing a 2 inch high skirt? Ermmmm. :confused:

The shirtless guy at the checkout line? Isn't there are rule about that?

The kid with a plastic bag on her head while Grandma/Mom looked on. Holy crap.

terryn
September 18th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Don't they realize that there are people that can be really offended on the other end?

I'm sure they do, and I'm sure they don't care. If you were concerned with offending someone, you probably wouldn't say something like that even anonymously. Thus, we can also assume that these people are asshats.

On some level, I have to wonder if they *want* the people they are picturing to see their pictures up there with the comments. A sort of, "now they will know how people actually think of them And therefore how much we disapprove of their particular qualities!"

Flynn
September 18th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I'm sure they do, and I'm sure they don't care. If you were concerned with offending someone, you probably wouldn't say something like that even anonymously. Thus, we can also assume that these people are asshats.

On some level, I have to wonder if they *want* the people they are picturing to see their pictures up there with the comments. A sort of, "now they will know how people actually think of them And therefore how much we disapprove of their particular qualities!"

I actually don't know about that. You could well be right, but on the other hand, the people in the photos are outside the "monkeysphere" of the people posting the photos, and so it is quite possible that they aren't even thinking of them as people.

terryn
September 18th, 2009, 02:18 AM
I can definitely see what you are saying, I guess I have just never been able to wrap my mind around the whole "they are not people" thing. If it looks human, sounds human, THINKS human, than gosh darn it it must be human. It makes me really sad to think that there are people out there who believe that others are somehow less human because of different views/opinions, etc.

Rebelkat
September 18th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I can definitely see what you are saying, I guess I have just never been able to wrap my mind around the whole "they are not people" thing. If it looks human, sounds human, THINKS human, than gosh darn it it must be human. It makes me really sad to think that there are people out there who believe that others are somehow less human because of different views/opinions, etc.
As unfortunate as it is, I have no problem wrapping my mind around it. In general, I tend to expect the worst of people. I know that sounds depressing, but I look at it this way... if you expect the worst, you'll only get good surprises. :redgrin:

However, I do find them not considering people... well... PEOPLE... disgusting. It somehow makes THEM seem less than human. *Note that I said seem less than human, not that they are less than human.*

Redheaded Raven
September 18th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Unfortunately nowadays, folks don't seem to be able to walk a mile in someone else's moccasins. It is sad. So it is then alright to be mean.

I think that she has very lovely hair.

nowxisxforever
September 18th, 2009, 03:02 AM
What horrible people.

morguebabe
September 18th, 2009, 06:14 AM
That's beautiful hair. Thank you for sharing. Maybe she's on here?

I thought I recognized the hair the first time I saw it.

JessTheMess
September 18th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Wow her hair is quite lovely!

Sheltie_Momma
September 18th, 2009, 07:40 AM
She isn't hurting anything or anyone, she is just a woman shopping. Her hair looks clean, healthy and long - I don't get why it is so unacceptable?

oogie
September 18th, 2009, 07:54 AM
This site is disturbing.

First you can't wear your t-shirt and blue jeans in peace so if you dress up you still get picked on --- GEEZ some folks you just can't please.

Must be working on new material for Jeff Foxworthy--"I'z going down there to the walmart and we done seen... " It also doesn't seem to matter to these folks that there might be an emergency or a life moment that makes these photo's possible. It's easy to sit back and heckle folks, it's tough to be compassionate I guess.

This site really SHOULD be taken down though, no joke about it. Someone is going to seriously get hurt with this mess.

~GypsyCurls~
September 18th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah, the caption is dumb. Like it's *so* hard to put your hair up? And her hair isn't scraggly or anything, it's gorgeous. I'm guilty of laughing at some of these photos, but some of them are really no big deal...

GlennaGirl
September 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM

I agree. And what's really horrifying is that for the hair picture at least (I didn't read the comments on any of the other pictures), there were people saying they know who the woman in the picture is. She's not only a person, she's an easily recognizable one and may well have come across the picture herself if she was tipped off by a friend.

I mean can you imagine? :( Seeing yourself being made fun of by 80 people?

bte
September 18th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I find the mindset of that site disturbing. The only object seems to be to be hostile to anybody that doesn't fit into the very narrow definition of "normality" of the small minded people who post there. It is not just a "look at this, this person is a bit different" site, it's a "let's be unkind to anyone we deem to be a freak" site.

Yes, the bathroom comment was unfunny enough twenty years ago, and less so now. I wonder if the poster of that comment removes their underwear in the bathroom? Or is that unworthy of me?

JamieLeigh
September 18th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hmmm...and I bet some of the people who were irritated at the hair pic laughed at the tie-dye clothing jokes, or the vehicle jokes. I personally didn't find any of it funny. It's annoying that people make fun of others' styles, whether it's hair or clothing or whatnot. Just goes to show you, that 90% of the time it's funny, but there's always that 10% that's going to piss you off. (~Carlos Mencia)

Cinnamon Hair
September 18th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I mean can you imagine? :( Seeing yourself being made fun of by 80 people?

Unfortunately, yes I can easily imagine that. Been there, done that. One thing you have to remember is it's only the Internet, not real life. People are much more cruel behind a keyboard.

Sadly, it is to be expected that long hair or any other feature that makes a person unique can/will/and is being bashed somewhere on the Internet. That is a form of entertainment for some people.

Kuchen
September 18th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I find the mindset of that site disturbing. The only object seems to be to be hostile to anybody that doesn't fit into the very narrow definition of "normality" of the small minded people who post there. It is not just a "look at this, this person is a bit different" site, it's a "let's be unkind to anyone we deem to be a freak" site.

Exactly, and as such, it's only a matter of time till everyone who views it has seen a characteristic of themselves singled out for mockery.

Themyst
September 18th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Well, you know on the one end of the spectrum you have those sexua1 freaks just luvvin' long hair way too much (ew), then way on the other end you have these losers just sitting behind their computer screens with nothing better to do than surf for meaningless :bs: to make fun of, crowd followers who go along with the first crude comments of degrading long hair. Then you have normal, educated, thoughtful folks like us in the middle. :cool:

82exoticbeauty
September 20th, 2009, 07:21 PM
That's soo rude and how people think long hairs are gross! Oh yeah, about the bathroom part they say,:rant: it's stupid to say how can somebody wipe their bottom with hair like that on the toilet! For me when my hair used to be at classic! I usually put my hair back into a ponytail and toss it around my back when I use the toilet!
That's really rude for them to say that about the toilet part! Maybe people are just jealous of long hair since their hair isn't very long!:)

Dyan
September 21st, 2009, 01:23 AM
I was curious to see the hair, but I can't find the picture. Ah well.....

SimplyDashing
October 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I was curious to see the hair, but I can't find the picture. Ah well.....

You can see it here:
http://looneymart.com/?p=678

quite nice if you ask me :)

Schmoomunitions
October 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
The cars were amazing and excellent!!!!! How would I choose?? I want the dinosaur van!!!!The people werent so exciting though, eeeesh.

Sarahmoon
October 6th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I can't see it, I see 3 pictures but there's no-one on it with long hair.

Well, I admit that some pics are funny but I guess the people on it who don't have long hair don't like it either.

EDIT: Nevermind found the picture. And responded to that... ehm... very intelligent comment that went with it *cough*. It says "awaiting moderation" now so I guess it'll never show up :oops:

Xan
October 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Wow her hair is awesome how could anyone make fun of her, I wish my hair looked like that.