PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please!

metalus
September 16th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Hi everyone.

Ive been growing my hair back since january 2006. i didnt have it trimmed/cleaned up for 2 years. When i finally had it trimmed all i had was the fuzz shaven off my neck and in the region of 3 or 4 inches cut off the bottom. In case anyone is wondering i am male. In the last 20 months i have had a trim maybe twice and the usual clean up. Now here's my problem. Last trim i had as 2 months ago at a female hairdressers. I had 2 inches cut off the bottom, and asked for some pf the thickness to taken out as my hair was like an overgrown bush lol (at the time the length was half way down my back)...Now she attacked it with the thinning scissors and took out too much for my liking, but once as done nothing i can do. My hair still looks pretty good, but from maybe the bottom of my neck its alot thinner than im used to. So the question is, has anyone accidently ever done this, and would anyone recommend i had about 10 inches cut to let that bit regrow again (which in my case will be about a year) or just let it grow even more and just get a fe inches cut off while the thickness grows back? What to do...any opinions would be much appreciated (even call me a pratt for letting the woman attack it with the thinning scissors lol)

All the best.

Loz

SimplyLonghair
September 16th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Well first of all welcome to the boards! No I don't think that you are a prat for this, I think that you wanted less hair and she go overzealous. If it were me, and I have a similar situation going on due to a shed, not a cut. I would just grit my teeth and grow through it. It will last less time than you think and you will have your thickness back. If you cut it then your goal of longer hair is put off even more. Just enjoy it. You could trim a small amount and see if you like it, but as far as a bigger cut, I wouldn't but that is just my :twocents:

Good luck. Whatever you decide.
:D

lilalong
September 16th, 2009, 05:18 AM
I really think it depends if you're ok with loosing so much length at once and how much the current look bothers you.

Really, having a small trim once a months or one big chop awill give you the same result in the end.

metalus
September 16th, 2009, 07:31 AM
thanks for the nice replies.

id say at the moment my hair is roughly 30 inches long. which is half way down my back. as mentioned the thickness is fine until the bottom of my neck, which is where that hairdresser cut out too much thickness. its coming back slowly, but still thinner than ive ever been used too. im still undecided whether to tough it out, but then the thinner bits she messed up i may have to get cut off anyway eventually. or just get 8 inches or so cut off and let it grow back.....