PDA

View Full Version : Check out this dancer's amazing hair

RedStripe
September 16th, 2009, 01:19 AM
(and beautiful dance, too.:))

I went to watch this video because I wanted to study some examples of this dance style -- and when she took off the hat, I said, "Ohmigawd, is that really her hair?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZnyMLG1tlA

glass in bloom
September 16th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Wow, seriously.

At first, because of the way she had it twisted up, I was thinking it was BSLish for a second, and was a little confused why you made a whole thread about the nice BSL length hair. And then it just kept getting longer, and longer, and longer.

Beautiful.

She's a lovely dancer as well.

September 16th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I'm amazed at how much shorter hair can look when it's up. Whenever someone with long hair lets their hair down, I always say "Wow!", even if I'd seen it down before.

marzipanthecat
September 16th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Oooooh, this is the length I'm aiming for! And she's a good dancer.

Excellent video - thank you for posting this!

georgia_peach
September 16th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Her hair looks like it might be a good example for the super long and super fine thread. I'm inspired and hopeful!

Tangerine
September 16th, 2009, 04:09 AM
wow!

I was going to write the same thing as glass in bloom - at first I was surprised because I thought it was only bsl (not that that's not pretty too!) and then it just kept on getting longer and my jaw kept dropping ha ha.

(first post .. hi everybody! :) )

SimplyLonghair
September 16th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Yes isn't her hair wonderful. She has jaw dropping awe inspiring hair. She really dances well too.

I know that several of our belly dancing members have talked about her before. I love that she uses her hair as a part of the whole dance routine.
I loved seeing it again. I know that there are other videos of her out there. Would love to see some of them again as it has been awhile. :rockerdud

Armelle
September 16th, 2009, 06:03 AM
That was cool.

Xan
September 16th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Wow her hair is breathtaking, I didn't think it was going to be that long. I would love to have mine that length someday or even close would be nice.

Radulfr
September 16th, 2009, 06:11 AM
She has one impressive head of hair. Good dancer too!
Thanks for posting!

Chrissy
September 16th, 2009, 06:20 AM
A while back someone posted one of her videos on here.

Gladtobemom
September 16th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Beautiful Woman
Beautiful Dancing

Awesome Hair!:thudpile:

Eskarine
September 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Her hair is gorgeous! I wonder if she worries about stepping on it as she dances :bigeyes: -- I'm sure I would if my hair were that long!

maxzeen
September 16th, 2009, 10:47 AM
wow that was really cool. when she first took it out of that hat i thought it was BSL ish. but oh my! i was wrong! gorgeous head of hair

Lyndistine
September 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Wow. That is just the coolest effect. It almost looked like the hair grew right out of her head like some insane time-lapse video!

eadwine
September 16th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Her hair is gorgeous! I wonder if she worries about stepping on it as she dances :bigeyes: -- I'm sure I would if my hair were that long!

If you pay attention you will see she does NOT do one thing: move backwards :)

I love it, a bit too long for my liking but it's gorgeous!

Eskarine
September 16th, 2009, 12:35 PM
If you pay attention you will see she does NOT do one thing: move backwards :)

I noticed that -- and she doesn't bend so much that her hair brushes the floor. I'm sure she's had a lot of practice dealing with it! :)

eadwine
September 16th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Actually, yes she does bend so much ;) Her hair looks like ankle or a little above, so any and all bending that she does IS going to make it brush.

But yeah, practice makes perfect. I fully intend to use my hair when I dance, later on when it gets even longer :D

Eskarine
September 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM
In watching it again... yeah, it does brush. But it looks like she's mighty careful with it! :)

While I prefer to have my hair down when I dance, I worry about it obscuring/getting tangled on my costume. :undecided

AutumnFire
September 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Good Video :) Im loving her hair..

eadwine
September 16th, 2009, 01:05 PM
In watching it again... yeah, it does brush. But it looks like she's mighty careful with it! :)

While I prefer to have my hair down when I dance, I worry about it obscuring/getting tangled on my costume. :undecided

THAT is something you indeed have to be careful with. It was one of the things that I thought was a shame.. the fact that when she was back forward you couldn't see a thing of her moves

Also: it got tangled, once, that I could see :)

However I wouldn't worry about tangling that much (unless you perform very often that is!).

klcqtee
September 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I like her hair, it looks like it's so well taken care of and thick at the ends!

She seems to have thin hair though. It's lovely, but a little thin for my taste. (Not that this should deter any of you with thin hair!)

Fencai
September 16th, 2009, 04:09 PM
WOAH!!!!! :agape:
That's awesome!!! I can't wait to be there!

Áine
September 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I like her hair, it looks like it's so well taken care of and thick at the ends!

She seems to have thin hair though. It's lovely, but a little thin for my taste. (Not that this should deter any of you with thin hair!)

Yes it is thin... and fine too. But if anything, I think this should serve as more of an inspiration for those with fine hair to keep growing despite how "wimpy" they feel their ponytail is compared to other thicker locks. I think the hair on Yasmin is absolutely beautiful, thin and all.

UncommonTart
September 16th, 2009, 07:29 PM
WOW! I feel inspired. I keep saying that I'm going to try dancing with my hair down, but I always wind up putting it up. Well, this time I mean it. I'm going to try dancing with it loose. If she can do it with all that lovely hair, why shouldn't I?

Aer
September 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
That was fun video. I really liked her hair, thank you for sharing it.

pluto_crna
September 17th, 2009, 02:30 AM
love the dance and hair!

klcqtee
September 17th, 2009, 06:38 PM
(removing double post, sorry)

klcqtee
September 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Yes it is thin... and fine too. But if anything, I think this should serve as more of an inspiration for those with fine hair to keep growing despite how "wimpy" they feel their ponytail is compared to other thicker locks. I think the hair on Yasmin is absolutely beautiful, thin and all.

Wonderful point!

Sissy
September 17th, 2009, 06:46 PM
wow... fantastic. I wish I could dance like that and had hair like that!

Quixii
September 17th, 2009, 07:00 PM
At first, because of the way she had it twisted up, I was thinking it was BSLish for a second, and was a little confused why you made a whole thread about the nice BSL length hair. And then it just kept getting longer, and longer, and longer.
I did exactly this! xD
But yeah, her hair is impressive. It looks so soft.

Rebelkat
September 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Seeing that gave me a lot of hope for my hair. Mine is considered average thickness and medium texture, but I'm surrounded by a lot of people in RL with very thick coarse hair. This was inspiring for me.

Lyndistine
September 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM
*sigh* I would so love to learn to bellydance. I think it would be so. much. fun. Ah dreams for fatter times! :)

Nouveaux
September 17th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Beautiful hair, I agree! Hmm, maybe I should make my goal longer than I had previously considered.

I did chuckle when she practically shimmied offscreen because the camera operator didn't follow her.
"I'm goin' over here now, buh-bye."