PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make.

CowgirlKate
September 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM
No hovering.

So I finally had my hair cut today. When we first cut it I was a little worried but now am loving it for the most part. I had 20 inches cut off. Here are my before and after pics.

Before
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/members/cowgirl1013-albums-me-picture20338-my-hair-on-9-3-09.jpg
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-3-096.jpg

After

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-092.jpg

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-093.jpg

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-0913.jpg

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-099.jpg

Quixii
September 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Wow! That is definitely a change!
Well, I'm glad you like it!

PseudoScot
September 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Hah! I hovered! :D

Looks great before and after! Very pretty hair.

Botticelli Gold
September 15th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Wow cool! What a new lease of life.
I have been seriously considering cutting mine a bit. Not as drastically as you have, just a few inches to tidy up the ends and thicken it up a bit. It is getting to the stage where I have to wear it up all the time because it just gets in the way. Hmm, we shall see.
I bet your hair feels so much lighter and it is showing up your natural wave. Really lovely. :)

melrose1985
September 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Looks great! You really look good both ways.

dernhelm
September 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I hovered, too.

I like your new cut, it looks good on you.

Arashi
September 15th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Just curious, why did you cut it?

QueenAnne'sLace
September 15th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Did the hairdresser's eyes bug out of her head when you told her how much you wanted to cut off? :shocked: I bet your head feels lighter, too.

Now you will have to wow us with all your new hairstyles for your new hair!

(Ok, so you don't have to do anything, but I'd sure love to see your creativity) :thumbsup:

kam984420
September 15th, 2009, 07:07 PM
No hovering.

So I finally had my hair cut today. When we first cut it I was a little worried but now am loving it for the most part. I had 20 inches cut off. Here are my before and after pics.

Before
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/members/cowgirl1013-albums-me-picture20338-my-hair-on-9-3-09.jpg
http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-3-096.jpg

After

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-092.jpg

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-093.jpg

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-0913.jpg

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/files/1/1/0/1/7/9-15-099.jpg

So, when are you going to grow it back out?:cool:

CowgirlKate
September 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Wow! That is definitely a change!
Well, I'm glad you like it! Thanks.

Hah! I hovered! :D

Looks great before and after! Very pretty hair. Thank you.

Wow cool! What a new lease of life.
I have been seriously considering cutting mine a bit. Not as drastically as you have, just a few inches to tidy up the ends and thicken it up a bit. It is getting to the stage where I have to wear it up all the time because it just gets in the way. Hmm, we shall see.
I bet your hair feels so much lighter and it is showing up your natural wave. Really lovely. :) Mine was at that point too and it was time for a change.

Looks great! You really look good both ways. Thank you.

I hovered, too.

I like your new cut, it looks good on you. Thank you.

Just curious, why did you cut it? I go through a pattern of letting it grow for about 3 years and then chopping it to my shoulders. Since I was doing that anyway I sold it.

Did the hairdresser's eyes bug out of her head when you told her how much you wanted to cut off? I bet your head feels lighter, too.

Now you will have to wow us with all your new hairstyles for your new hair!

(Ok, so you don't have to do anything, but I'd sure love to see your creativity) No they didn't. The did bug when I told her it was cut about 45 minutes prior. Then I quickly explained that it was in braids and cut at home. Then she was ok but she did ask me if they were in dreads for some reason. When I walked in she said her hair used to be waist length. Once the braids were cut it did feel a lot lighter.

So, when are you going to grow it back out?:cool: I will probably not cut it for the next 3 years.

spidermom
September 15th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Oh my! One more long hair crosses to the other side!

Your hair is still pretty, though; you could hardly go wrong.

SHELIAANN1969
September 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Oh wow, that is indeed a big change. Did you save your hair?

I'm glad you like it, that is the main thing. :flower:

Shiva
September 15th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ok, I'll ask the stupid question: Did you cry?

clairenewcastle
September 15th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Ok, I'll ask the stupid question: Did you cry?
Firstly, the above question is not stupid.
Secondly, I would never have had the courage to do what you've done.
Thirdly, I suspect that I will never be able to grow hair as long and as beautiful as yours. I don't know you and I know that we will never meet but I mourn the loss of such perfect hair.
Lastly and to get to the point - Why oh why did you cut it?

wintersun99
September 15th, 2009, 07:58 PM

flyfaraway
September 15th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Lovely hair, I'm glad you're happy with the change!
:D

Shiva
September 15th, 2009, 08:17 PM

Thank you. :)

I know I have had far less cut off my hair and was really upset about it.

I in no way mean to imply that you made a mistake because I am sure my opinion hardly counts, but I have gotten to points where I was just sick of it and wanted a change.

It looks nice and you seem to be happy with your change. Happy Growing!

CowgirlKate
September 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Oh my! One more long hair crosses to the other side!

Your hair is still pretty, though; you could hardly go wrong. Thank you very much.

Oh wow, that is indeed a big change. Did you save your hair?

I'm glad you like it, that is the main thing. :flower: Yes it was. Yes and no. I put it in braids before it was cut and I sold it.

Ok, I'll ask the stupid question: Did you cry? That is not a stupid question. I did not cry but I did have some anxiety before it was cut.

Secondly, I would never have had the courage to do what you've done.
Thirdly, I suspect that I will never be able to grow hair as long and as beautiful as yours. I don't know you and I know that we will never meet but I mourn the loss of such perfect hair.
Lastly and to get to the point - Why oh why did you cut it? Don't mourn too much. It will be back in about 3 years. :wink: About every 3 years I cut it to my shoulders and the let it grow out.

Your hair actually looks different at it's shorter length, brings out the wave'ish pattern a bit. The gal that cut my hair commented on how much wave and body I have in the back. Now that it is short it doesn't have all of that weight keeping it somewhat straight.

Lovely hair, I'm glad you're happy with the change!
:D Thank you.

Sylvanas
September 15th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I must admit it is a bit sad to see such long, beautiful hair go, but your new cut looks great, and you should always do what is right for you :)

CowgirlKate
September 15th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Thank you. :)

I know I have had far less cut off my hair and was really upset about it.

I in no way mean to imply that you made a mistake because I am sure my opinion hardly counts, but I have gotten to points where I was just sick of it and wanted a change.

It looks nice and you seem to be happy with your change. Happy Growing!

Thanks. After a few years of growing it out it is time for a change. It will be back soon.

CowgirlKate
September 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I must admit it is a bit sad to see such long, beautiful hair go, but your new cut looks great, and you should always do what is right for you :)

I was a little sad to see it go but it is growing on me and I am liking it more and more.

clairenewcastle
September 15th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Thank you so much for hanging around to answer our posts so promptly and so honestly. . I'm obviously not the only one to find your decision to cut your hair so dramatically such an emotive issue. Forgive me for saying this but you seem so calm about it. I certainly wouldn't be. I find I can't help but admire your strength. Strength to cut it in the first place, strength to leave yourself open to people's reactions, strength to follow your own heart.
Well done.

CowgirlKate
September 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you so much for hanging around to answer our posts so promptly and so honestly. . I'm obviously not the only one to find your decision to cut your hair so dramatically such an emotive issue. Forgive me for saying this but you seem so calm about it. I certainly wouldn't be. I find I can't help but admire your strength. Strength to cut it in the first place, strength to leave yourself open to people's reactions, strength to follow your own heart.
Well done.

You are welcome. I wasn't too clam in the minutes before the scissor touched my hair but once they did I knew it was too late. I had been planning on cutting it before I went back to school, I just didn't know when. Even though I loved how long it was, it was starting to get in the way for me. As soon as my family saw that it was cut almost everyone's response was "finally." I don't know if that helped or not but they all love it. I show horses and have to wear my hair in a bun under my western hat and under a helmet for english. It was a challenge getting it to stay in a bun for western at waist length so it being past my tail bone would be out of the question. I haven't felt that I needed to be defensive about my choice yet so I am not too worried. ;) I will do my best to answer any questions anyone has.

fluffybunny
September 15th, 2009, 09:52 PM
You look gorgeous either way, but I have to admit I didn't want to scroll to the 'after' when I saw where you started-- goodbye lovely hair! Never would've guessed you had that much wave.

Cycling every three years is a cool thing to do-- you get to be changing all the time. Not to mention you could start an awesome detached ponytail collection. Ok, maybe that's creepy but that's what I'd do :)

longhairedfairy
September 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM
What matters is that you like it and feel good about it.

Debra83
September 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I hovered too!!!!!

sniff. That is really sad, though, ALL THAT HAIR.....snip....gone. sigh.

yellowchariot
September 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I agree with the previous comments. about your waves being most prominent at shoulder length. Which looks cool, btw! Though your hair looked magnificent at the length before, you got a pretty good cut! :thumbsup:

I think it's a great idea that every so often you change/cut your hair. I usually change mine up once a year. I'm currently growing my layers out that I had put in back in Feb.

I'm sure you'll have fun growing out again! :)

Ryanne
September 15th, 2009, 11:22 PM
That's quite a change and looks lovely. I'm glad you're happy about it.

pilateschick7
September 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I love your new waves. Have you tried "plopping" with Flax Seed Gel (or other styling product) on your hair? I bet you would get some major clumping.

Both before and after are very pretty. Congratulations.:)

RancheroTheBee
September 16th, 2009, 02:00 AM
It looks very full and healthy! :)

But... hovering? ^^; What do you mean?

kirky
September 16th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Wow.........I can't help but feel sad. Your hair was so beautiful!

Happy growing for the next three years Kate!

Addy
September 16th, 2009, 04:01 AM
:agape: :agape: :agape: :agape: :agape: :agape:

Oh WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! :D

Enjoy your new hair! It looks good in the after!

P.S. I would have cried... ;)

pluto_crna
September 16th, 2009, 04:05 AM
you look very sweet before and after, we have similar hair and I'm trying to get to the length you had before the haircut...anyway enjoy your new style ;)

Unzadi
September 16th, 2009, 04:48 AM
What a change, very dramatic for sure. Looks lovely both ways, and that look in your eyes in the last picture says it all. Enjoy your new hair.

Chrissy
September 16th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Hi!!! I'm sorry......I'm sad. You're hair is beautiful both ways but.....it was simply stunning when it was long. I hope honesty is ok here. Some times people ask opinions on here and if you don't jump for joy at their decision they take offense.

Anyway it's your hair not mine! :) You are very pretty person and you have very beautiful hair.

Merlin
September 16th, 2009, 05:47 AM
First:
:agape::agape:

Second:
Can I add my compliments on your new cut - it looked lovely very long and equally good at the new length.

Third:
Can I ask questions too?

Since I was doing that anyway I sold it.

Spend the money on something nice for yourself - then whenever you use it you can say "my old hair bought me this"!

I quickly explained that it was in braids and cut at home.

I notice you said 'braids' - was that because there was so much of it you could sell it in two lots, or was it just easier to cut off in two rather than one?

I go through a pattern of letting it grow for about 3 years and then chopping it to my shoulders.

I used to know a girl who did a 'shorter' version of that, growing it out to midway down her shoulders then getting it cut to a very short pixie, then growing it again. She said she just liked the sense of having a change.

Fencai
September 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
:agape: Holy Moley!!!!! WOW! Im glad that you like it, it looks nice on you! Happy growing on the next round of the cycle!

embee
September 16th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I'm glad you're happy with it.

I'd be heartbroken.

Your hair has lovely wave and thickness, and it will surely be easier to deal with in the riding.

DarkChocolate
September 16th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Oh:) I liked your long hair:blossom:

You new cut looks nice too.

I know a few people who do the same thing. They let their hair grow for about 3 or 4 years then cut it for a change.

bigmama8
September 16th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I love your hair at both lengths! It is beautiful and looks really healthy both ways. I've grown my hair out and cut it several times too, and can understand why you do that.

jivete
September 16th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I think if my hair were easier to grow, I'd probably do something similar. One of my co-workers does the same thing. She grows it to about mid-back and then cuts it to chin and donates the hair.

Trying to put a bun under a helmet or hat is a pain. I ride too and mine gets in the way. I can't imagine trying to manage all that length working with horses.

ericthegreat
September 16th, 2009, 07:54 AM
CowgirlKate, you are indeed a very brave girl!

The only hypothetical I could see myself cutting off as much length as you did is if my hair would all grow back to the length I had before tomorrow, and I mean literally the very next day. I wouldn't last even a week with having such a short haircut, so I really commend you for having that amount of courage.

You look beautiful with both TB length hair and your new shoulder length with layers. You have such a sweet face, you could pull off any kind of look and still be the lovely girl that you are.

Altocumulus
September 16th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Both the before and after are beautiful!

I've done the same twice in my life. The first time, I was 11 and I cut from tailbone to pixie. My mother saved the hair, and I still have a braid of it.

When my daughter cut from classic to APL, she wanted to sell her hair. It was beautiful -- thick, dark brown and straight with a lot of body. All we could find online were f*tishists...the wigmakers apparently buy hair from Eastern Europe or Asia. She tried to convince me that I should let her sell her hair to a f*tishist, but I refused, of course!

yogachic
September 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
It was great before the cut and it looks great now too, glad you like it!

Periwinkle
September 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Well done for getting the guts up to do it - I'm glad you like it :)

LaurelSpring
September 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I hovered and then got curious so I had to look :o

Big change! WOW. Im glad you like it. When you are ready you are ready. I just got a minor trim and I was kind of freaked out.

lora410
September 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I have been growing for two years and can't imagine doing it all over again..LOL I applaud your braveness. I mourn the loss of all longhairs who cut, but being happy with your hair is more important :)

Tornerose
September 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
:agape: Oh My GOD! I almost fell off my chair, girl. That's some drastic change.

I'm glad you're happy with it though.

Little_Bird
September 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Gosh...
I'm in awe ... I'm so glad you don't regret it. I would have died the minute after :eek:

Your hair was so beautyfull..... Oh well... As long as your happy :flower:

You still have a wonderfull head of hair anyways :)

Ruvie
September 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
:thud: ddsdsaddddsda

maxzeen
September 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
oh my! what a cut! but it either way it looks good on you!

windinherhair
September 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
It looks nice. It must have been a big decision!! That is a lot of hair to cut off!

CowgirlKate
September 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
You look gorgeous either way, but I have to admit I didn't want to scroll to the 'after' when I saw where you started-- goodbye lovely hair! Never would've guessed you had that much wave.

Cycling every three years is a cool thing to do-- you get to be changing all the time. Not to mention you could start an awesome detached ponytail collection. Ok, maybe that's creepy but that's what I'd do :) Thank you. Maybe next time I will keep it for extensions. ;)

What matters is that you like it and feel good about it. Yes it does, and I do.

I hovered too!!!!!

sniff. That is really sad, though, ALL THAT HAIR.....snip....gone. sigh. It is not too sad.

I agree with the previous comments. about your waves being most prominent at shoulder length. Which looks cool, btw! Though your hair looked magnificent at the length before, you got a pretty good cut! :thumbsup:

I think it's a great idea that every so often you change/cut your hair. I usually change mine up once a year. I'm currently growing my layers out that I had put in back in Feb.

I'm sure you'll have fun growing out again! :) I will have fun growing it out. You have fun too.

I love your new waves. Have you tried "plopping" with Flax Seed Gel (or other styling product) on your hair? I bet you would get some major clumping.

Both before and after are very pretty. Congratulations.:) I have never herd of flax seed gel. I will have to look it up. Today I just bought The Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly spray gel and love it so far. I just have to wait for it to dry to see how it really looks.

That's quite a change and looks lovely. I'm glad you're happy about it. Thank you.

It looks very full and healthy! :)

But... hovering? ^^; What do you mean? Thank you. Hovering is when you put your pointer over a thread and it shows you the first bit of the tread without having to open it.

emeraldfaery
September 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Looks about JUST like what I did in March. Your hair is so much thicker than mine though. It looks great! I just hope you don't regret it in the long run. I'm just now starting to regret my big chop/s.

CowgirlKate
September 16th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Wow.........I can't help but feel sad. Your hair was so beautiful!

Happy growing for the next three years Kate! Thank you. I will.

:agape: :agape:

Oh WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! :D

Enjoy your new hair! It looks good in the after!

P.S. I would have cried... ;) I will. Thank you.

you look very sweet before and after, we have similar hair and I'm trying to get to the length you had before the haircut...anyway enjoy your new style ;) Awww. Thanks. Lots of time and patients will get you there.

Hi!!! I'm sorry......I'm sad. You're hair is beautiful both ways but.....it was simply stunning when it was long. I hope honesty is ok here. Some times people ask opinions on here and if you don't jump for joy at their decision they take offense.

Anyway it's your hair not mine! :) You are very pretty person and you have very beautiful hair. Not everyone will agree on everything all of the time. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me. Thank you.

First:
:agape:

Second:
Can I add my compliments on your new cut - it looked lovely very long and equally good at the new length. Thank you.

Third:
Can I ask questions too? Sure.

Spend the money on something nice for yourself - then whenever you use it you can say "my old hair bought me this"! It will either be spent on showing or on school. Both are good options.

I notice you said 'braids' - was that because there was so much of it you could sell it in two lots, or was it just easier to cut off in two rather than one? No, it was in one sale. Braiding will keep it from getting tangled. It was also easier to cut in 2 braids.

I used to know a girl who did a 'shorter' version of that, growing it out to midway down her shoulders then getting it cut to a very short pixie, then growing it again. She said she just liked the sense of having a change. It is nice to have a change.

:agape: Holy Moley!!!!! WOW! Im glad that you like it, it looks nice on you! Happy growing on the next round of the cycle! Thanks.

I'm glad you're happy with it.

I'd be heartbroken.

Your hair has lovely wave and thickness, and it will surely be easier to deal with in the riding. Yes it will.

Oh:) I liked your long hair

You new cut looks nice too.

I know a few people who do the same thing. They let their hair grow for about 3 or 4 years then cut it for a change. Thank you.

I love your hair at both lengths! It is beautiful and looks really healthy both ways. I've grown my hair out and cut it several times too, and can understand why you do that. Thank you. I think the pics make it looks better than it actutally was. The bottom need to be cut pretty bad.

CowgirlKate
September 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I think if my hair were easier to grow, I'd probably do something similar. One of my co-workers does the same thing. She grows it to about mid-back and then cuts it to chin and donates the hair.

Trying to put a bun under a helmet or hat is a pain. I ride too and mine gets in the way. I can't imagine trying to manage all that length working with horses. It was a challenge to say the least.

CowgirlKate, you are indeed a very brave girl!

The only hypothetical I could see myself cutting off as much length as you did is if my hair would all grow back to the length I had before tomorrow, and I mean literally the very next day. I wouldn't last even a week with having such a short haircut, so I really commend you for having that amount of courage.

You look beautiful with both TB length hair and your new shoulder length with layers. You have such a sweet face, you could pull off any kind of look and still be the lovely girl that you are. Thank you very much.

Both the before and after are beautiful!

I've done the same twice in my life. The first time, I was 11 and I cut from tailbone to pixie. My mother saved the hair, and I still have a braid of it.

When my daughter cut from classic to APL, she wanted to sell her hair. It was beautiful -- thick, dark brown and straight with a lot of body. All we could find online were f*tishists...the wigmakers apparently buy hair from Eastern Europe or Asia. She tried to convince me that I should let her sell her hair to a f*tishist, but I refused, of course! I think I only had one iffy person request pics. The person I sold to makes porcelain dolls.

It was great before the cut and it looks great now too, glad you like it! Thanks.

Well done for getting the guts up to do it - I'm glad you like it :) Thank you.

I hovered and then got curious so I had to look :o

Big change! WOW. Im glad you like it. When you are ready you are ready. I just got a minor trim and I was kind of freaked out. I have been mostly ready for at least a month.

:agape: Oh My GOD! I almost fell off my chair, girl. That's some drastic change.

I'm glad you're happy with it though. Yes it was drastic but I love it.

I have been growing for two years and can't imagine doing it all over again..LOL I applaud your braveness. I mourn the loss of all longhairs who cut, but being happy with your hair is more important :) Thank you.

Gosh...
I'm in awe ... I'm so glad you don't regret it. I would have died the minute after :eek:

Your hair was so beautyfull..... Oh well... As long as your happy :flower:

You still have a wonderfull head of hair anyways :) I don't regret it at all. Thank you.

:thud: ddsdsaddddsda Yep.

CowgirlKate
September 16th, 2009, 05:13 PM
oh my! what a cut! but it either way it looks good on you! Thank you.

It looks nice. It must have been a big decision!! That is a lot of hair to cut off! Yes it was.

Looks about JUST like what I did in March. Your hair is so much thicker than mine though. It looks great! I just hope you don't regret it in the long run. I'm just now starting to regret my big chop/s. Thank you. I don't regret it.

naomimcc
September 17th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you so much for hanging around to answer our posts so promptly and so honestly. .......I find I can't help but admire your strength. Strength to cut it in the first place, strength to leave yourself open to people's reactions, strength to follow your own heart.
Well done.

This. 100%.

I've been in the same boat for years and am currently awaiting to hear about some information for a possible cut myself....you've inspired me Kate!

GlennaGirl
September 17th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I have a confession to make too. My heart sank when I saw the before picture and how much had come off. I'll be honest about that.

But then again, my hair grows very slowly; thinking about such a cut means thinking literally about years to grow it back, and that's with extra-gentle care.

If I had fast-growing hair I'd probably be more playful about what styles I tried and how much I was willing to cut.

If you're happy, that's the bottom line. :) Good on you!

JamieLeigh
September 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
I totally hovered!!! LOL. :D

That is QUITE a change! I'm happy that you like it....I bet that feels way different! :flower:

jojo
September 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
I feel quite sad that you cut off that beautiful long hair, but also quite jelouse that you have such beutiful hair either way; I look like something from the muppet show with shorter hair. You obviously have great growing genes, I love the wave which has sprung to life too.

enfys
September 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
It seems to be quite a trend on here at the moment! Maybe we need to change to just the Hair Community!

It looks like different heads of hair. Who knew so much wave was hiding with the length?

It's so cool you sold it to a doll maker. I don't know why but it is just a bit different and more arty than if it went to a wigmaker or LoL. Or the bin.

Roseate
September 22nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Wow, nice new waves you found there!

I did a similar chop shortly before joining LHC, and am on the way back down again. Enjoy your new look!

(Oh, and I second the recommendation of flaxseed gel if you want to try some new product; I have this brand (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6934569) and I love it. There are also recipes for making your own on LHC, but I haven't tried that yet.)