PDA

View Full Version : I can't see my roots..wth

lora410
September 15th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Yup, this will seem odd. I first started hennaing over a year ago and always had the issue of "i can't see my roots" in my bathroom mirror but I can see it in home depot's mirrors etc. Well I switched to indigo and my roots are red from indigo fade and once again i can "not see my roots" I even tried outdoor light. I know my hair grew because I am now waist :cheer: Is there ANY way to remedy this other then trips to home depot bathroom? :lol:

clairenewcastle
September 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I don't think this sounds odd at all for I've found myself that in my bedroom mirror I can't see my roots yet I can in my bathroom mirror. I've always felt myself that the problem was lighting ie the position of the electric light verus the position of the window letting in natural light. Then I realised that my bathroom mirror was very slightly tinted with colour. Strangely enough a lot of mirrors are and people don't seem to realise it. Light bulbs can have varying degrees of brightness and tints.
I think it's wonderful that quirky but very relevant subjects like this can be discussed without sounding odd. Just find yourself a mirror with a level of light that you feel is most likely the most natural one - in other words one that most resembles being outdoors. I often do a thorough root check and hair colour analysis outdoors with a large mirror I pull off the wall and carry outside. Yes, my garden is overlooked by the neighbours but hey it's my hair - it's important.

ll
September 16th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I think it may be a fluorescent lightbulb versus incandescent lightbulb issue -- I often see henna roots in store restrooms where fluorescent lightbulbs are used. At home with incandescent lightbulbs, the roots are not apparent.

HTH!:magic:

RancheroTheBee
September 16th, 2009, 01:56 AM
I have the same problem! It's so weird; I've measured my hair and know it grows exactly half an inch a month, no matter what. But if my roots ever show up, they seem to go at about 1/4th of an inch a month. It's the Wal-Mart bathroom for me. :p

mellie89
September 16th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I have this problem too. I am growing out dye from last October, and yet when I look in the mirror, it seems like the line is only a few inches down my hair. I know my hair is growing faster than that since I had it cut above shoulder in March, then cut another half inch in July, and I'm at APL now. :confused:

lora410
September 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
lmao, I am so glad I am not the only one. In my dd's mirror I can faintly see a bit of lightish brown by my bangs. I guess it's time to re- indigo anyway :lol:

heatherdazy
September 16th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I wish I could only see my roots in a special mirror!!:laugh:

Cherry_Sprinkle
September 16th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I wish I could only see my roots in a special mirror!!:laugh:

lol that was my first thought too!!

atlantaz3
September 16th, 2009, 01:13 PM
My office ladies room has about a 1/3 of the What Not Wear 360 mirror - oh the horror of the back view! Roots, VPL and other assorted rear issues!

Flynn
September 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
... Installing those unflattering cold fluoro lights that Home Depot use?

Actually, using a cold-coloured CFL in a desk lamp, or a fluorescent "storm lantern" at home might just show them up...

LaFlor
September 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM
The walmart bathroom is what gets me most... I can see everything there: roots, acne scars I thought had disappeared already, all the horrible things I don't get to see at home!

Canarygirl
September 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Boy, I experienced this first-hand last night! I went shopping at a discount department store and was trying on clothes. It was like, "Wow! Are my graying roots ever apparent!" Followed quickly by "Why is there only ~2/3" of roots?? There should be a couple inches worth since I stopped coloring 6 months ago!!!" :mad: