PDA

View Full Version : Do You Rinse With Cold?

silverspun
September 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I have heard that rinsing your hair in cold water right before getting out of the shower is supposed to benefit hair. Is this true?

Supposed Benefits: seals hair to protect and adds shine.

What's your take.

manething
September 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Yep, it's true. Makes my hair shiny, soft and smooth; more so than not doing a cold rinse. Give it a try... it's free :D

Ravenwaves 88
September 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I do WO and after the wash I seal it with a cold rinse. Seems to work well for me.

jasper
September 14th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I rinse with cold about half the time. . .. sadly it's because my tankless water heater only heats water about half the time! I try to think about how it's nice for my hair.

rhubarbarin
September 14th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I don't use hot water on my hair, but usually warm. Sometimes I do all-cold washes, and sometimes cold rinses. I've never seen any benefit as far as looks or frizz, but I know that hot water is hard on any fiber so I figure the less the better.

CaityBear
September 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I notice a big difference when I rinse with cold water. I try not to have hot showers because it dries out my skin, too. But I don't always rinse with cold water, but I try to.

handsclean
September 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I always rinse with cold, I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, but I heard that it seal the cuticle, and the less frizz the better!

pradabacon
September 14th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I do it, but I don't notice that it really does me any good. :) Oh well, maybe I'm just a masochist. :wink:

Teacherbear
September 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I don't know if it is helpful for my hair or not. I don't like rinsing with cold water and I haven't ever done it consistently enough to know if there is a difference or not.

Quixii
September 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I tried that a couple times in the summer after hearing that, since I figured it might feel nice in the heat anyway. I didn't see any noticeable difference.
Looking at the answers, it seems like straighter hair sees a difference, and wavy/curly hair doesn't as much. I wonder if that's always true?

Shiva
September 14th, 2009, 09:02 PM
The only times I ever rinsed with cold water I only did it on my length and ends.

I'd sieze up and go into a fetal position if I rinsed my entire head with cold water.

I do rinse with lukewarm water, tho.

camirra555
September 14th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I can't bring myself to do it cause I hate being cold sooo much. Winter is a hard time for me every year. Maybe I won't hate it as much when I have a car and don't have to freeze at the bus stop. I'm going to try to stop using hot water and use warm water instead though.

Neddy
September 14th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I'm a curly and my hair looks shinier and smoother when I do a cold rinse.

adiapalic
September 14th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I've noticed that if I don't do a final rinse with cold water, my hair doesn't feel as good. :shrug:

silverspun
September 14th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I've noticed that if I don't do a final rinse with cold water, my hair doesn't feel as good. :shrug:

I did notice that, my hair feels more raw afterwards. I hate being cold, so i take hot showers. With cold rinses I notice that my hair dries naturally much more "cooperatively". But I've only just began them a week or so ago.

I won't mind the cold rinse much when my hair is longer, but my feet do freeze during this treatment

Naters
September 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM
It's soo strange but I've tried this numerous times and I never really see a big differenence so i rarely do it. maybe im just weird though, cause it seems to be working for most people.

consarnit
September 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I don't see a difference but I always shower with luke warm water and try to rinse cold [ In spring/summer, I am not willing in winter].

lyria
September 14th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I always do the final rinse with cold water. I do think it makes my hair shinier and smoother. Also, I try not to use super hot water while washing my hair since that can be damaging (and drying for your skin as well).

Flynn
September 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Nope, tried it, saw no difference. Anyway, the water gets cold in my hair before it dries in any case, so why bother?

I do vinegar rinse occasionally, though, which does make a big difference.

Dars
September 15th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Nope. I've tried it before and all it did was make me freeze. On extremely hot days I don't mind at all, but I do it because I need to cool down not because of my hair. Usually I use cooler water, than the rest of the shower, for the final rinse.

Heidi_234
September 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM
It's (was?) summer, and it feels good on my scalp. And it feels good to feel the cool water rinsing out the previous warm water that is still in it.

LittleOrca
September 15th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I don't always do it, but I do try to do a cold rinse before I get out. However, with winter coming up I might not do it for a while! lol

inertia
September 15th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I've been doing a cold rinse just because it feels good in summer. But I haven't noticed a difference in my hair so I'll probably stop now that it's getting to be autumn.

Angharad
September 15th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I do it, but not particularly for my hair but for my whole body.... Yeah, I know it takes a lot of courage sometimes but nothing beats the feeling of coming out of the shower and your whole body is like tingling and I really feel energised.

Addy
September 15th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I'll rinse cold once in awhile. I'm not a big fan of cold water coming down on me.

Tap Dancer
September 15th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Yes, I almost always do a cool (or cold) rinse at the end.

Stevy
September 15th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I think it makes my hair shinier and better behaved. I do it all year round.

Little_Bird
September 15th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Yes, i do rinse with cold too! :)

When I first did it, I really noticed the diference in shine and texture afterwards. I think it works and it's definitly worth a try to everyone. It's suposed to be good for your skin too!

Good luck with it :flower:

rach
September 15th, 2009, 05:32 AM
sometimes but i tend to keep it generally on the cool end of warm water wise.

curious? personally effects seem like as you would do if you did a vinegar rinse .
does it do the same - closes the hair shafts so it smooths over ?

marzipanthecat
September 15th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I do find that yes, my hair is nice and shiny if I rinse with cold water. It's even better if I do the whole wash - start to finish - with cold water. But I'm a big coward and I really don't like cold water that much!

Johanna64
September 15th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I do it, but not particularly for my hair but for my whole body.... Yeah, I know it takes a lot of courage sometimes but nothing beats the feeling of coming out of the shower and your whole body is like tingling and I really feel energised.

I do also and it really feels good :)

Sylvanas
September 15th, 2009, 06:24 AM
I rinse with cold water very often. Skip it sometimes during winter if it's really cold. My hair doesn't look much different, but it's easier to comb through after a cold rinse.

carinkla
September 15th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I also do the last rince with cold. As for the difference..I must admit I do not know how it looks when I dont do it. ;)

ladylibra
September 15th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't say "cold" as in, ice cold... but I do rinse in cool water. I think it's benefical for curl formation and shine, in my case. :D

maxzeen
September 15th, 2009, 07:30 AM
i've been doing old water rinses and it seems to get the tangle out of my hair and it does make my hair shinier. and plus super hot water is not good for hair anyways

zombi
September 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
The only time I don't rinse cold is when I am taking a bath and decide to wash my hair in the tub. Then I don't rinse cold. But in the shower and such, yes I do -- and if I am washing my hair by itself, I wash it all in cold.

Anje
September 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I often do. I find the baby hairs don't curl up and stick out everywhere as much if I do a cold rinse.

(Well, I should say a cool rinse. The tap water doesn't get truly cold in the summer, and I'm not going to go for a really cold rinse in the winter unless I've turned up the water heater and have been parboiling myself in the shower up to that point.)

Medievalmaniac
September 15th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I have been doing a cold rinse at the end, but I haven't noticed a huge difference yet...then again, in terms of shine, my hair is already really shiny because I dye it...so...? It feels good, though!

wizboo
September 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
i do a warm rinse, then a cold rinse , then a warm , then a cold! I don't really know why, but if you read the articles page on how to make your wash more cleansing, it tell you that temperature changes in water exercise a muscle that squeezes more sebum out of your head, which makes your hair cleaner, for longer.

I soon hope to be trying ACV rinses too.

spidermom
September 15th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I do sometimes in the summer, more to cool off than for my hair as I've never noticed a difference.

Jessikinz
September 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I rinse with cold water and the first time I did it I noticed a huge difference. Mostly with lots of shine and with the texture. It also helps tame my big poofy hair.

Pacific
September 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I mostly rinse with very cold water.

teela1978
September 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Nope, tried it, saw no difference. Anyway, the water gets cold in my hair before it dries in any case, so why bother?

I do vinegar rinse occasionally, though, which does make a big difference.

That's always been my thought process. My hair ends up wet and cold, how much different is that from rinsing with cold water :) I rinse with cold to cool off in the summer sometimes, but I never really notice any difference.

Runzel
September 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I can't honestly say I've noticed a big difference, but that could be because I wasn't looking for one. I began alternating hot and frigid water (ending on colder) when my massage therapist recommended it to aid with muscle problems and I've personally found it seems to have improved my body's ability to regulate it's own temperature. After you get over the shock of it cold water is actually really nice. :) If my hair benefits from it too, then that's great!

mellie89
September 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I tried and didn't notice much of a difference, so I figure it's not worth the effort and chills. I might try again sometime in the future.
What did make a difference was switching to warm water showers. I used to take scalding hot showers, no wonder my hair and skin were so dry!

PrincessFurball
September 15th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Yep, I always do a cold rinse-- very cold. It helps tame the frizz, and gives a nice shine.

Oh, and don't think that I'm particularly tough or brave to do a really cold rinse-- I lean over sideways, and (usually) the water only goes on my head and the length of my hair. I couldn't stand such cold water on my body! :D

Madame J
September 15th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Since at least half of my weekly washes are WO, I tend to start my washes with a cold rinse, then wash with hot water, then finish with another cold rinse. I find that the first cold rinse helps get sweat and gunk out of my hair and scalp without opening the hair shaft (there's an article somewhere about how an initial cold rinse can help make washing more effective), while the final cold rinse helps keep my scalp from getting itchy too quickly.

We bathed our dog this weekend, and he has itchy skin problems, so I tried giving him a cold final rinse -- he did NOT appreciate it, but his coat is very shiny!

silverspun
September 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Yep, I always do a cold rinse-- very cold. It helps tame the frizz, and gives a nice shine.

Oh, and don't think that I'm particularly tough or brave to do a really cold rinse-- I lean over sideways, and (usually) the water only goes on my head and the length of my hair. I couldn't stand such cold water on my body! :D

that's exactly what I do. I don't let the water get on my body. especially since I have a cold right now.

clairenewcastle
September 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I SWEAR by rinsing with cold water. When I was 15 years old I read somewhere that once you've thoroughly rinsed the conditioner out of your hair and just before you turn off the tap to towel dry your hair you should completely soak your scalp and hair with cold water. The article spoke about how the cold water closed the pores on your scalp helping reduce oil production and also how it smoothed down the cuticle of your hair shaft thus creating more shiny hair. Sounds impressive I thought! So I gave it a go. It worked! That was...ahem...29 years ago...oops, that long? Anyway, EVERY time I've washed that's how I've ended the process and I must admit the only times I didn't were when I was ill and couldn't cope with the sudden blast of cold water. Yes, I saw a difference when I didn't end on a cold rinse, not so much with increased oil production - more with duller looking hair. Admittadly some people would argue that when we are ill our hair looks more dull anyway but I've also found that any time my hairdresser washes my hair (they refuse to do a cold rinse) my hair has the same dullness).
In other words I can't reccommend a cold rinse highly enough, it has certainly worked for me.

windinherhair
September 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I used to rinse with warm water until I read the following article on LHC. Cold rinses also squeeze the sebum out so you get a more clarifying rinse.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=77

rogue_psyche
September 15th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I do. I started a couple months ago but I also have been making routine changes that whole time so I can't say the cold rinses do it, but my hair has been shinier lately. I actually didn't do it Friday night, and used warm water because it was cold. My hair got greasier factor, and it was duller, but I worked the following morning and my hair doesn't usually look great after two days working (my job is pretty active).

I try to do one before a wash, but it is hard to use cold water so much in the shower.

mimi1153
September 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
It made a believer outta me - - I read it and had to try it, it does work. My hair is doing better now than ever! Bbrrrrr.

PrincessFurball
September 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
that's exactly what I do. I don't let the water get on my body. especially since I have a cold right now.

I used to just lean backwards really far, but my back started getting a crink in it, so I had to switch to doing it sideways. Of course it's still cold, but I've gotten used to it, and don't mind sticking my head under that icy flow at all! :D

September 16th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I also rinse my hair cold. I'm never sure how cold I'm supposed to do it, so I wound up going as cold as my water gets. It made a huge, huge, HUGE difference with me. I jump if the water gets on my body, so I do a backward arch, and tilt my head from side to side to make sure the water gets every part of my scalp. Of course, I take my showers HOT, cooling the water only a little for my hair, so this is likely part of why I see such a big difference.

To be honest, it still takes courage, years later, but it's not bad at all.. provided, of course, it doesn't hit my back. My scalp likes it cool. It's the only downside to having hair again.

Ravenwaves 88
September 18th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I did a WO wash with only cold water and it was harder to get a good scrub in, but I persisted and my hair was super soft after. I think I will be switching to only cold for my hair.

Deborah
September 18th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Yes, I always do a final icy cold rinse. I lean forward so that my hair is hanging down in front of me, not touching any skin. Then I do the icy water, or icy water with acv or citric acid shaken in. It works great, and I only get my hair and head cold. Feels good, and leaves my hair nice and shiny.

I have done this for at least 25 years though, so I can't compare much with 'before'. Except, I do remember that it makes my hair easier to detangle. Hot or warm water leaves me with more tangles.

redneckprincess
September 18th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I dont know if it truely benifits but I do...it feels nice and is very refreshing to end a shower...I dont tourture my self with icy cold water just a fer degrees cooler then the shower is all

Unzadi
September 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I do a final rinse with cold water. I like the way it feels and my hair has a rather nice shine if I do say so myself, so it seems to be working for me.

silentwanderer
September 18th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I don't because I'm a chicken and I like it warm. Many people do it though and have great results,but it makes my hair too squeaky for me.

Topaz
September 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I always rinse in water as cool as I can stand it. I start off with a warm-not-hot shower and CO, then I rinse my hair in it, then I turn it cooler and cooler by increments (so I can adjust gradually to the cold!) until it is fairly cold but not freezing. However this may change when winter comes because like several other ladies here have said, I am a big chicken and cold water rinses in winter may be more than I can handle!

Mutinous
September 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I tried to rinse my hair in cold water before, and I almost passed out when the icy water hit my head, I have no idea why, but its put me off ever since. I may try again though, if it really works!

ooo
September 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I do also rinse cold, but not icy cold. it still does make my hair shiny. :p

Vrushali
September 18th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I try to wash my hair with luke-warmish water and do a final rinse with water a little cooler than that though not icy-cold. I have noticed it makes my hair less frizzy as compared to hot water washes.:)

UncommonTart
September 18th, 2009, 03:07 PM
My tap water doesn't get really cold except for a month or two in the wintertime, but I rinse all of me with cool water, and I've noticed a huge improvement in both my hair and skin since I started. I couldn't stand to do it at all until earlier this summer, when my ac broke. I dialed back the temperature of my shower entirely by a few degrees to just warm instead of hot and added the cool rinse, and now that I'm used to it my previous setting feels entirely too hot and I can't stand to skip my cool rinse.

JamieLeigh
September 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I rinse with cold sometimes, but not always. I've stopped making my hair rinse the FINAL thing I do in the shower, since with CO, I was getting some back-ne (back acne :rolleyes:). So when I think about it, I do, but I'm not religious about it and I don't really see much difference in my hair with or without it.

Runzel
September 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I tried to rinse my hair in cold water before, and I almost passed out when the icy water hit my head, I have no idea why, but its put me off ever since. I may try again though, if it really works!

I get that too if I blast my head with icy water before the rest of my body is used to it. For me, I have postural hypotension problems that are exacerbated by heat, which basically means my blood begins to "pool" in my legs and doesn't quite make it to my head as much (if I don't lay down periodically it will eventually cause me to faint). So when I combine this with icy cold water on my head, which makes blood vessels constrict, while the blood is already collecting in my lower extremities, it makes sense to me that I would almost pass out! I solve the problem by letting the cold water hit waist down first, then on the rest of my body, and finally, once I've adjusted to it, on my head. My theory on why this works for me is that the blood vessels in the rest of my body are all nice and constricted so that there's no longer poor blood flow to my head at the time the icy water hits. All I know for certain is when I do it this way I never even begin to feel like I'm going to pass out, which is a good thing not to do in the shower with running water. :lol:

Of course, this method is not for the faint of heart. :rolleyes:

Gingevere
September 18th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I rinse with cool water when I remember to. It definitely makes the post-shower detangling process much easier because it seals and smooths the hair cuticle. The added shine is an added plus. :)

AspenF150
September 18th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I've learned to do it afterwards. Some improvement but nothing to write home about. It feels good on the scalp so I'll keep at it.

masterofmidgets
September 18th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I do my last rinse at the end of the shower with cool-ish water, maybe a little more than room temperature. I haven't noticed much difference, it just feels good (and I need the cooler water to rinse my face anyway). I don't think I could bring myself to do an actually cold rinse - too many years of non-voluntary cold rinses because the hot water ran out halfway through. I want to end my shower on a good note, not on freezing my bum off.

Shastrix
September 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Every now and then I try ending my shower with a cold rinse but I have yet to noticed a difference in shine or how tangly it is. :shrug:

Feline
September 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I do cold water at the end, trying very hard to keep it on my hair and scalp- I really like my hot showers, and cold water afterwards does not thrill me! :shocked: If I remember, and I don't always, I will fill a large demoted water bottle with cold water beforehand and use that, it's much easier to avoid the icy stream that way. I do think the cold water rinse helps with frizz, along with air drying.

Mutinous
September 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I get that too if I blast my head with icy water before the rest of my body is used to it. For me, I have postural hypotension problems that are exacerbated by heat, which basically means my blood begins to "pool" in my legs and doesn't quite make it to my head as much (if I don't lay down periodically it will eventually cause me to faint). So when I combine this with icy cold water on my head, which makes blood vessels constrict, while the blood is already collecting in my lower extremities, it makes sense to me that I would almost pass out! I solve the problem by letting the cold water hit waist down first, then on the rest of my body, and finally, once I've adjusted to it, on my head. My theory on why this works for me is that the blood vessels in the rest of my body are all nice and constricted so that there's no longer poor blood flow to my head at the time the icy water hits. All I know for certain is when I do it this way I never even begin to feel like I'm going to pass out, which is a good thing not to do in the shower with running water. :lol:

Of course, this method is not for the faint of heart. :rolleyes:

Wow! You are brave :P

I did try it again tonight , I kinda tipped my head forward in the bath and rinsed my hair as it hang in front of my face. It was freaking cold but I kept it together...

...until I flipped my hair back after and all the icy hair slapped across my back. That was not pleasant. At all :P

ravenreed
September 18th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I don't know if I already posted to this thread or not, but I am a complete wienie and I hate cold water. My showers are not that hot to begin with, and the few times I have tried rinsing with cold water, I have not noticed any significant difference in my hair, so I gave it up.

Cinnamon Hair
September 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM
No, I have tried cold water rinses but for me it's not worth the chill I get. Cold water is meant to close the hair cuticle but that happens naturally anyway once you leave the shower..unless you're in a steam room or something :p

SandyStar
September 18th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I haven't noticed any difference, but I still try to rinse with cold water whenever I wash my hair bent over outside the tub with a hand held showerhead. I wouldn't do a cold rinse in the shower. That's just too cold! :p

I have starting pouring some cold apple cider vinegar water over my head in the shower though. It's not a big rinse, but still cold so maybe that counts.

Arashi
September 18th, 2009, 10:20 PM
The majority of the time, I will rinse in freezing cold water (as cold as it will go). I've noticed a significant increase in shine and a huge decrease in frizz and poofyness when I do.

Esperanza
September 18th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I do the cold water rinse when I can make myself do it; of course, that happens more often n the warmer weather. In winter, I just can't take it. :nono: I bend over and try to get only my head in the stream, and immediately after, switch back to warm and let it run over my back to warm me up. I'm not sure if it gives me any more shine or not :confused:, but it seems that my hair looks fresh longer after a wash if I do it.

82exoticbeauty
September 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I rinse it at final rinse, but when I rinse out the conditioner, I use a little bit cold - between warm-cold, after that, I switch it to the cold water for the last final rinse before I towel pat dry my hair!

basketcase413
September 22nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
I hadn't given much thought to this, since I've been doing it off and on for most of the year....but after reading this thread the other day, I noticed that when I got out of the shower after doing an extra cold rinse, my hair dried way faster than it does with a warmer rinse. It was basically dry in an hour before going to bed, while it takes upward of 6 hours to dry normally!!!!! Any ideas on whether this is my imagination or not, and if not, why would that be?

Honey39
September 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM
I generally turn the water cooler at the end of my shower anyway, to blast me awake - it depends on the season as to how cold it gets! But that's always my 'signal' that my shower is over, like a final thirty seconds rinse under cool/cold water. I don't know if it's good for my hair or not - because I get a lot more water from the shower on cold only, it feels like it's a good final rinse for my hair!

MandaMom2Three
September 22nd, 2009, 08:35 PM
When my hair was in poor condition, I never noticed any benefit. Now my hair is in much better shape and I can really see the difference if I do it, sleeker and DEFINITLY shinier. So now I always do it. I've found that I'm rather odd in that I actually LOVE the blast of cold water in the shower! (however, my husband doesn't tend to appreciate it LOL)

Ravenwaves 88
September 25th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I just rinsed with the coldest water I've ever done, and it was feeling good. I have a slight headache now that my scalp is warming up. I can't wait to see the results though.

Dementia1013
September 26th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Absolutely. Like many others on here I too enjoy the blast of cold at the end of the shower. I definitely notice the shine afterwards and maybe it's my imagination, but I think I've noticed that it's smoother and tangles less...

Nicoliee
January 20th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Sometimes I do it on purpose but most the time the hot water has deserted me. Our hot water doesn't last long.

Angela_Rose
January 20th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I love the shine my hair picks up when I rinse with cold.

It can't hurt to give it a try!

enfys
January 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I do it in the summer sometimes, but not in winter. I don't see enough of a difference to warrant it.

I do notice that my hair takes longer to dry if I've used cooler water too. I've done that enough times to know because I wasn't used to our new shower and it took me weeks to figure out the dials. :p

Mountaingrrl
January 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I bring a container of cold water into the shower and pour it over my head at the end, so it doesn't get the rest of me so cold. It does make my hair prettier.

perkidanman
January 23rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
I always try and do a cold rinse. I pretend I'm one of those monks under a winter waterfall and try to endure it as long as I can. Not only does it give my hair shine but it wakes my skin up too.

Rabya-Khadija
January 23rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Sometimes after I've washed it I rinse it cold thinking 'ooh refreshing!' whilst grimacing... :D

I do notice a difference but not so much that I'd do it all the time :)

ibleedlipstick
January 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I don't. I only washed and rinsed with cold for a long, long time. I thought it would save my hair color and make it healthier. It made me cold and miserable — my lips would be blue when I left the shower.

This winter, I started washing/rinsing with half hot/half cold water, and my hair looks shinier than it did before. Plus, I'm not freezing all the time.

Milo
January 24th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I actually like to rinse with cool water, but not icecold. And I don't stand there til I'm cold thru and thru, just long enough to "wash away the warm" off my body, kwim?

irishlady
January 24th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Yes for me it makes my hair very shiny, but I do not do it as much in winter, I'd get hypothermia!

PrincessBob
January 24th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I rinse with tepid, but not cold water. I wash with water that is just barely warm enough, though.

Paranda Belle
January 24th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I used to, but I didn't notice any difference (apart from feeling cold) so I gave it up after a few months.

anodyne_ame
January 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I don't really notice any difference either...so I only do it when I feel like it. So maybe once every three months.