PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years...

Little_Bird
September 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally reached the 5th year mark on growing my hair long.

It's so strange feeling that it's been 5 years since I last cutted my hair. I think it paied off amazingly so far, I'm very happy. Altough it scares me to know that I'm a guy and can lose my hair, adding that my scalp really doesn't behave, I hope to be able to enjoy my hair for many years to come...

Hopefully I have my mother's genes and, just like my grandfather, I can enjoy my hair all my life.

Here are some pictures that, altough not great, represent 5 years for me...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=189&pictureid=50298
My hair looks shorter and scraglier here... the light wasn't helping, nor the angle, and it had been in a bun. It was also dirty... Hopefully I'll have better pictures to show in the next months to come...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=189&pictureid=50299
A hair texture picture. I think it looks healthy, I'm very happy with how my hair is feeling in the latest months.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=189&pictureid=50297
And a 5 strand braid! I did it! I'm so happy! It makes me feel so secure to try lots of new styles... Thank you LHC for all the encouragement for this one!! Specialy FrannyG! Wherever you are ;)

About my scalp condition, I have to add I'm starting a treatment with a special shampoo my mother bought for me. I'm starting tomorow and I hope my scalp will improve. Altough I fear for my lenght and hair condition, I will try to protect it during the next month (the time the treatment will take). You can read more about this on my blog :flower:

Thank's for seeing my pictures. Specially, thank's for always being there LHC. This is a place where everyone can feel secure about their hair, and be so well treated by everyone...

I realy like this place and am quite honored of being a member... Thank you so much :flowers:

ericthegreat
September 14th, 2009, 09:41 AM
That 5 strand braid is impressive. Again, you have really healthy wonderful hair, and you have so much of it. Congratulations on your 5 year growing journey.

kdaniels8811
September 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I have serious hair envy over how thick and healthy looking your hair is. It looks great!

Shiva
September 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Nice! -----

KarpatiiSiv
September 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Your hair looks really great, thick and healthy. Your five strand braid is amazing.:thumbsup:

frodolaughs
September 14th, 2009, 10:12 AM
What great hair--and what a great 5-strand braid. I'm trying to learn that style myself, but don't have anything like your thickness.

Pburgh56
September 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I hope u dont mind me saying this but you def are an idol of mine when it comes to ur hair. I just hope that I can get mine to look half as good as urs. Love the braid as well and im a big fan of ur website :) how long did it take u to do the 5 strand braid?

melrose1985
September 14th, 2009, 10:42 AM
that braid is SOOO great!

friskybiznus
September 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Wow!!!!!! WOW!! Wow....

Jason
September 14th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Just superb! FrannyG did a 5 strand for me once and yours looks as good as hers. I really like your signature photo too.

linda g
September 14th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Wow! That 5 strand braid is fantastic!

Zéphine
September 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Your hair looks fabulous, Little_Bird, and that is one impressive braid!

LaurelSpring
September 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for posting Little Bird. Your pictures and progress are very encouraging. You are an inspiration!

serious
September 14th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Wow...that braid is:agape:
:thudpile:

JamieRose
September 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Your hair is so thick and amazing!!! And I LOVE that braid.

jeno
September 14th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Very beautiful hair and WHAT A BRAID!

karli
September 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Beautiful hair! I have to learn how to do a five strand braid, it looks amazing!

Centifolia
September 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Your hair is just beautiful. The colour, the thickness, the texture... simply amazing! You're an inspiration for me.

(The texture's photo is lovely.)

FallenAngel
September 14th, 2009, 01:06 PM
*swoon*

;)

Looking great!

Jessikinz
September 14th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Congrats on your 5 year anniversary of growing out your hair! Good luck with the scalp treatments, I hope it improves so that you can continue to enjoy your hair. It is very beautiful and that 5 strand braid is just "wow!". :thud:

swanns
September 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
That braid is GORGEOUS! :thud:

We've been growing for the same amount of years btw :)

Armelle
September 14th, 2009, 01:27 PM
It seems that your hair and mine are very similar (mine has darkened recently), but yours is longer and nicer! That braid is so neat and wonderful! Here's to the next 5 years! :D

Ruvie
September 14th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I just have to say one thing: :thudpile:

Vivien'
September 14th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Wonderful Joao !
Oh sh** ! This braid is really impressive. Good continuation :)

Mugili
September 14th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Wonderful! Your progress is amazing. I take a look at your hp and see the first pictures...WOW!

And the 5 strand is really impressive. I had to take a try.

spidermom
September 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Slather your length in conditioner or oil before you use your special shampoo; it should be fine.

little_acorn
September 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Congratualtions on your 5 years of hair growing. Your hair is just beautiful and that braid is totally thudsome :thud:

:D

Little_Bird
September 14th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone! Thank's so much for all the amazing comments to far :)
I'm glad you think the 5 strand braid is presentable. It takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to do it, by the way... but it pays off I think :D

Spdermom, that is a great idea! Do you think I should also apply conditioner after the shampoo or just before, and shampoo while I protect the lenght with a hair cap?

Thank's so much for the input... I really apreciate it :flowers:

John.B
September 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Congratulions and looks amazing for the the first 5 years :-)

Islandgrrl
September 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hey Little Bird! Happy 5 years to you! I'm certain that you hear it often, but I'll say it anyway: your hair is wonderful! :thud:

EdG
September 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Wow!

Congratulations on 5 years! :cheese:
Ed

thegoodBB
September 14th, 2009, 05:32 PM
wow your hair is amazing. i left a detailed comment on your site. I'm "Kid" by the way on your guestbook

cuddledumplin
September 14th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Your hair is lovely, and the braid is amazing.

GoddesJourney
September 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=189&pictureid=50298
My hair looks shorter and scraglier here... the light wasn't helping, nor the angle, and it had been in a bun. It was also dirty... Hopefully I'll have better pictures to show in the next months to come...

You must be crazy... look at that beautiful golden mane! It looks like a lion!

gmdiaz
September 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
*THUD*

Your hair does look just like a lion's mane!

And that braid is fabulous! FABULOUS, I say!

Addy
September 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I'm dying of hair envy over here! *cries like a baby wanting a toy in the store*

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and the 5 strand braid... WoW! IMPRESSIVE! I have to learn how to do it! :D

Congratulations on 5 years! :cheese:

windinherhair
September 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I am impressed with your 5 strand braid! Congratulations on your 5 years. I will have you read in your blog about the scalp condition. Good luck with your new treatment! Thanks for sharing. :flower:

yellowchariot
September 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I agree with everyone! That 5-strand is killer cool! I don't think I'm quite ready to take on something like that! I would feel as if I was trying to work my way around a maze and then I couldn't find my way out :D! lol

camirra555
September 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Wow! That braid is amazing. I still can't even french braid! Good work!

Naters
September 14th, 2009, 09:36 PM
wow congratulations!! so pretty

Charlotte
September 14th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Absolutely magnificent!!!! :thudpile:

Teazel
September 14th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Congratulations on 5 years and your GORGEOUS hair! And I'm so impressed with your 5-strand braid; especially since I haven't managed one yet! :bowtome:

lyria
September 14th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Great hair! Also, I've heard that male pattern balness is passed down through the mother, so if your maternal grandfather had his hair forever, you might too!

Lize
September 14th, 2009, 10:16 PM
:agape: :D I have said it before, but your hair is jaw dropping! Good work with it and congrats on 5 years! :cake:

Ryanne
September 14th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Very stunning!

LutraLutra
September 15th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Wow Little Bird, your hair is amazing. Congratulations. :cheer:

Aditi
September 15th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Wonderful hair and specially 5 strand braid :)

DavidN
September 15th, 2009, 04:43 AM
What a truly impressive update, Little Bird! Also, congratulations to you on achiving 5 full years of growing. That is an outstanding braid, well done! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Little_Bird
September 15th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Gee guys, thank you so much!
I've been downhill with my hair for a while and you're making me feel so much better aboutit, thank's :flower:

I'm quite surprised there are so many liking my 5 strand braid, I really tought it was still fuzzy :p Tha really hard part, and where you need to be so very carefull, is when you bring it to the front to keep braiding, after adding sections from the back. Other than that, once you learned the finger positions, it's not that dificult :D

Thank you so much really... All your kind words mean a lot to me :)

And lyria... I hope you're right... I've heard that theory too :)

Garnet66
September 15th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Happy 5th hairaversary. Your hair is so nice. It has good shine and the 5 strand braid is awesome.

elaineflowers
September 15th, 2009, 11:21 AM
your 5 strand braid is great, I want your hair please!!!!
well done...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stubborn
September 15th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Very healthy great looking hair. Keep up the good work.

brok3nwings
September 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I think you have a very beautiful hair, strong and wavy! You´re the onlyone i know from Portugal and beeing portuguese (and living in Portugal) looking at your hair and progress gives a little bit more of apreciation :) Congratulations

Fencai
September 16th, 2009, 07:37 AM
You have beautiful hair!! Congrats on your anniversary!
And I must admit.. Im totally envious of that braid!