PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Mood?

Liluri
September 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Am I the only person to have had a bad experience with Crystal Mood?

Really not impressed with customer service. There were several smooth transactions but when they sent me a broken stick the lack of customer service became apparent, with no apology for the arrogance expressed in their contact with me. Suggesting I not shop outside my home country. (Well I won't with them)

ETA: They've also seem to have deleted my account with them so I can't check what I had ordered, which I'm presuming means they don't want my business at all.

lyria
September 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM
oh no! I only just discovered that website and thought it had such beautiful hairsticks. What a disappointment!

Liluri
September 14th, 2009, 12:20 AM
oh no! I only just discovered that website and thought it had such beautiful hairsticks. What a disappointment!

That's why I'm asking, it was disappointing and I'd like to know if this was an unusual occurrence, or it might be that they prefer buyers from within the US?

eadwine
September 14th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Not to attack you or anything.. but I see that you wrote they deleted your account, sellers don't do that lightly. It just makes me wonder, since there are always two sides to a story :)

Liluri
September 14th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Not to attack you or anything.. but I see that you wrote they deleted your account, sellers don't do that lightly. It just makes me wonder, since there are always two sides to a story :)

Well I guess, I think, you have to know me better and the story before you judge.

Flynn
September 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM
While it is true that sellers don't delete accounts lightly, something smells very bad from the seller's end when a buyer is informed that they should "not shop outside [their] home country", when the seller does ship to that country under normal circumstances (by which I mean Liluri did not have to beg to have the items sent out to Australia.)

I'm definitely listening up to hear what others have to say, before I consider "shopping outside my home country."

AprilElf
September 14th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I ordered some hair sticks from them in October last year. One of the sticks they sent me was the wrong one, but I had no problem returning it and getting them to send the correct one.

In relation to your experience, Liluri, I find their comment about not shopping outside your home country quite arrogant. There are plenty of vendors who successfully send their products worldwide, and appreciate the custom to boot! :p

Liluri
September 14th, 2009, 04:01 AM
In relation to your experience, Liluri, I find their comment about not shopping outside your home country quite arrogant. There are plenty of vendors who successfully send their products worldwide, and appreciate the custom to boot! :p

I'm nodding a lot here :) It's not like this is my first, or last, overseas hairtoy purchase. I've successfully returned items and dealt with lovely vendors. There is a huge difference to my perception of how they treated me through email and how other vendors have handled similar or worse situations.

Flynn
September 15th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Aside from your experience with other vendors, they ship to Australia. If they're willing to do that, they have no right to make a comment like that! It's not as if you've gone and used a separate company to handle the shipping for you off your own bat and are now complaining...

Liluri
September 15th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Aside from your experience with other vendors, they ship to Australia. If they're willing to do that, they have no right to make a comment like that! It's not as if you've gone and used a separate company to handle the shipping for you off your own bat and are now complaining...

I know, there was never a "gee we can see your not happy how can we help?" attitude and I've never experienced that before.

eadwine
September 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I just cannot help but think something is going on/happened that we are not hearing. I haven't had a bad experience with them at all.

Ok they could wrap their stuff better, but everything else is great *shrug*

Ah well.. you're always free to never buy from them again :) Hopefully you will have better experiences in the future with other sellers. :)

Gemma
September 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I just cannot help but think something is going on/happened that we are not hearing. I haven't had a bad experience with them at all.

Ok they could wrap their stuff better, but everything else is great *shrug*

Ah well.. you're always free to never buy from them again :) Hopefully you will have better experiences in the future with other sellers. :)

I agree that there are two sides to every story BUT awful customer service, even from large and/or popular sellers, is not at all uncommon. I'm a bit of a bath/body/perfume nut, and I do a lot of reading on forums that post experiences with companies and their products. I have been gobsmacked by some of the treatment people have been subjected to, even loyal customers have sometimes gotten the brush off. Some businesses just don't know how to keep their emotions out of it, and/or are great as long as nothing goes wrong, at which point they just don't care.

manyhorsesmane
September 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Liluri: WOW, I am flabbergasted by what I've read here-I would rather shoot myself in the foot, than kill a customer with such harsh treatment, even to the point of deleting the account?!?!?

re: "shopping outside my home country." *GASP! That is just not in my repertoire and they should be :slap: !!

I believe you are a victim of a very isolated case and agree with Gemma. Sometimes companies are so big, they can seem uncaring and falling short in the Communication dept.

This is what I've learned in my 30+ years of CSR: treat people the way you'd like to be treated, but don't try to be everyone's friend. Most problems can be worked out in a professional manner. without losing face or respect OR even worse, losing the Customer altogether. :(

Recently I had a problem that left a bad taste in my mouth; when I called to report the defect (for the 3rd time) I got nowhere with the owner. The last thing I want to hear is, "I've been doing this for 10 years and this is the first time anyone has complained...." to which I say, "NO, do what you have to do to take care of it and don't treat me like I am the problem!"

Good luck and do give US Vendors another chance :heart:

Cherry_Sprinkle
September 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Yikes. I don't really have any experience with them but I am so sorry this happened to you :flower:

Liluri
September 15th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Liluri: WOW, I am flabbergasted by what I've read here-I would rather shoot myself in the foot, than kill a customer with such harsh treatment, even to the point of deleting the account?!?!?

See and that's the experience I've had from every other shop I've come across. "There's a problem, how can we fix it?"

Liluri
September 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yikes. I don't really have any experience with them but I am so sorry this happened to you :flower:

Thanks, me too.