PDA

View Full Version : I lightened my hair even further! (A few pics)

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I lightened my hair even further, its now two shades lighter than the color I did just before. I wanted an even warmer color, so Paul added more gold into the formula and into the toner. Don't worry everyone, this is THE PERFECT color for me. I won't go any lighter.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=50239

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=50238

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=50240

AnnaMarie
September 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
It looks really good, do you think it affected the condition of your hair much?

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Nope. At Paul's salon, he always insists that all his chemical clients do a conditioning treatment immediately after doing the color. After my color was done, I had it washed out and I sat with the conditioning treatment for 2 hours. I had no were else to go today so I just left the treatment in my hair and hung around. They rinsed the treatment out with cold water, and I allowed him to give me good blowout so I could really see how well the final color came out. I love it, its so shiny and so much warmer.

Tangles
September 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Nice! I wish I could pull off colors that warm.

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Thank you both AnnaMarie and Tangles! :flower: :flower: :blossom: :blossom:

Shiva
September 13th, 2009, 07:28 PM
It looks nice, Eric, but what will you do when your natural color starts coming in? Maintain it? Dye it back to your natural color?

Speckla
September 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I'd say lovely..but well, it's man-u-tiful! ;)

linda g
September 13th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Nice color!

Chrissy
September 13th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I'm sorry it looks nice but I adore black hair. Maybe it's because mine is light. I have always loved black hair. I mean dark black hair. If it makes you happy that's all that really matters. I really liked your original color the best though.

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks Shiva. :flower: I plan on doing the roots every 2 months or so, actually the beauty of this shade of brunette is that it works well with my skin tone. Even if I were to let my roots grow out like maybe two inches, it still wouldn't clash with my skin or my lightened hair.

Fractalsofhair
September 13th, 2009, 07:43 PM
It looks good, and I'm glad your hair is able to handle bleaching! I'm also surprised you're allowed to condition after bleaching, I've always been told it fades the color!

I personally LOVE jet black hair, but if you like yours lighter, it's fine. And since it's not bottle blonde, and clearly not naturally(or likely not), it doesn't look bad if you have roots. It's only when people claim it's their natural color or things like that that it looks REALLY Bad.

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Thank you as well Speckla and Linda. :blossom: :blossom:

Chrissy, I would love to trade hair colors! I honestly always hated my own hair, jet black is simply too dark for my personality. I also wish that I had natural curls in the 3a or 3b range. And yes, I do indeed love my new color, I feel like a whole new person and this is just the kind of change I needed in my life. :cheer:

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you Fractals! :blossom:

I understand everyone, my natural jet black of course is what would look the most natural on me since its the color I was born with. But I simply needed this change, my fantasy hair color has always been a golden, amber shade of brunette and I finally have that now! I really love this color, the warmer tone now matches my personality inside.

Aries_jb
September 13th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Nice choice of color. It works well with your skin tone.

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Thank you Aries. :flower: And I must say, I love your natural curls.

Addy
September 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM
If you're happy, I'm happy for you! I liked the black myself...

So, :eyebrows: When are you going to update your avatar? :D

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Oh Addy I will keep my avatar! :flower: I want to show everyone my progression.

Aries_jb
September 13th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you Aries. :flower: And I must say, I love your natural curls.

Aww, thank you so much!

Debra83
September 13th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm glad that you found your perfect colour!!!! It's good to have what makes us feel good about ourselves. I've tried all the shades from bleached blonde to almost black, and I'm the most comfortable with what I have now because it is not a dye but a Henna product. Inside I feel like blonder would more match my personality, but for now I'm quite content with this darker colour.

You are very fortunate to be able to work in the industry too!!! You'll pick up all the tricks to maintain not just healthy looking hair, but really healthy hair!!! Hope you can pass on some wisdom to us!!!

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Indeed Debra! :blossom: You understand exactly how I feel.

I'm pretty sure what you're doing right now is already an excellent routine. You don't blow-dry or heat style, and you only use a wide tooth when you are combing out your wet, conditioner filled hair. You will certainly achieve your goal of waist length and get there with healthy hair.

little_acorn
September 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Nice Eric :D

ericthegreat
September 13th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Thank you little acorn! :flower:

cocolover
September 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
It looks really natural on you. It isn't until I look over at your avatar that I see the huge difference and go whoa, that is a big change! Glad you are happy :D

Quixii
September 13th, 2009, 09:45 PM
As much as I liked the dark hair on you, I'm glad you're really happy with the new colour. I bet it looks great out in the sun. :)

Syaoransbear
September 14th, 2009, 12:04 AM
that is a gorgeous color, and it looks great on you.

Debra83
September 14th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Indeed Debra! :blossom: You understand exactly how I feel.

I'm pretty sure what you're doing right now is already an excellent routine. You don't blow-dry or heat style, and you only use a wide tooth when you are combing out your wet, conditioner filled hair. You will certainly achieve your goal of waist length and get there with healthy hair.

Thanks, Eric! You Rock!!! ;)

LittleOrca
September 14th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Your hair looks nice. if I knew a salon I could goto and just hang out with a deep conditioning treatment in my hair I'd go... but then I would get bored easily and just want to do it at home so I could play World of Warcraft. :D I'm not addicted, I swear! http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/crazy/t37108.gif

Charlotte
September 14th, 2009, 02:20 AM
sorry I double posted. :o

Charlotte
September 14th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I like it! :D Your hair looks to be so strong that I doubt that a few shades lighter would pose any problems at all to the condition of your hair. ;) :)

Unofficial_Rose
September 14th, 2009, 03:44 AM
It suits you! Lighter hair can make a person feel lighter of heart - not everyone, of course, but it definitely works for some of us. And as Quixii said, I bet it looks great out in the sun.

melrose1985
September 14th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Looks nice Eric.

In the last year of growing my hair i did henna and the color oops to remove the black dye from my hair.... Sadly 2-3 weeks ago i decided that dark is way better on me and totally fits my personality better. So i dyed and i'm such happier with it!

Glad you are loving you hair!

LaFlor
September 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Being happy with your hair is what it's all about! I love that color... I wish it was coming out of my head too!

halo_tightens
September 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I adore jet-black hair, and I thought it looked absolutely perfect on you... So I'm quite surprised to find that I like your new shade just as much! And it's all the better if it feels right to you, too. I know what you mean about wanting your outside to match your inside. Mine does NOT in many ways, and it's uncomfortable! At least hair is one aspect that we can easily tweak to suit our Selves.

You look great, as always! :flower:

ericthegreat
September 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Thank you cocolover and Quixii. :flower: :flower:

ericthegreat
September 14th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Thank you as well Syaoran, Orca, Charlotte, Unofficial Rose, melrose, La Flor, and tightens! :blossom: :blossom:
:flower: and :heartbeat for everyone!

Indeed tightens, the most important thing is that we need to be happy and comfortable, and how we look is a basic element in how we like to identify ourselves. For once in my life, I actually love my hair.

DarkChocolate
September 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I like your now caramel brown hair:)

I also loved the jet black but I am happy that you like it:)

DarkChocolate
September 15th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Even if I were to let my roots grow out like maybe two inches, it still wouldn't clash with my skin or my lightened hair.

When the Japanese people color their hair a light brown and let the roots grow back in they call it 'pudding'. When you let chocolate pudding cool a dark skin forms on the top;) I love chocolate pudding so much:)

ericthegreat
September 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thank you DarkChocolate! :blossom:

My fantasy hair color has always been an amber shade of brunette with a strong golden hue, which I finally have right now! It just so happens that many other young Chinese also love the same kind of color I love. As long as I stay within the brunette family, it will still work with my particular skin tone.

Sylvanas
September 15th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I think both colours look great on you, and I'm glad you're happy with the change :)

And may I add that for me, it's more important to have fun with and be happy with my current hair than to keep it natural at any cost. Like I always say - worst case scenario, it will grow back :D

ericthegreat
September 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Thank you Sylvanas! :blossom:

You understand me so well. Our hair is meant for our adornment and out personal enjoyment. I see our hair as a sign of how we feel inside. When we love our hair, we smile and stand up confident ready to face the world. When we hate out hair, we feel like hiding in our shells. For the first time in my life I love my hair, and I feel proud to show it off to the rest of the world.

CavyQueen
September 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Looks really natural!

ericthegreat
September 15th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thank you Cavyqueen!! :flower:

forgetmenotak
September 15th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I'm another person that prefers black hair, but I'm glad that you are happy with your hair. It looks really good, and it is fantastic that your hair is so tough, I wish I could do all that with my hair and have the length that you do!

ericthegreat
September 15th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Thank you forgetmenot. :flower:

georgia_peach
September 16th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Our hair is meant for our adornment and out personal enjoyment. I see our hair as a sign of how we feel inside. When we love our hair, we smile and stand up confident ready to face the world. When we hate out hair, we feel like hiding in our shells. For the first time in my life I love my hair, and I feel proud to show it off to the rest of the world.

That is wonderful, Eric! And your hair looks so healthy and complements you well. Enjoy!

redneckprincess
September 16th, 2009, 06:53 AM
looks really good

ericthegreat
September 16th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Thank you Georgia Peach and Redneckprincess!!! :blossom: :blossom:

Babyfine
September 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Looks good, Eric, and still looks very healthy!

ericthegreat
September 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Thank you as well Babyfine. :blossom:

long-hair-fan
November 9th, 2009, 12:15 AM
You should do a website with updates and different hairstyles. Your hair is awesome