PDA

View Full Version : Sad! My hair growing inspiration is gonna cut of her hair

turtlelover
September 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
My hair growing inspiration was saying today that she's decided to get her long hair off. I'm so sad, and not looking forward to seeing the carnage. Am I the only person that gets somewhat depressed just from someone ELSE cutting off their pretty hair??? This honestly ruined my day! :(

LittleOrca
September 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I cringe and am saddened when long haired people cut off their hair, but it is their hair and their choice and I have to respect that.

MissManda
September 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I understand. I'd be very upset if my long hair 'muses' decided to cut their hair. I have a couple of friends and a (sort-of) mom-in-law who all have such long, lovely hair. I try to remember that if that is what they truly want and as long as it makes them happy, I should be happy for them.

My partner loves how long my hair is getting. I once tried a self-trim, and I accidentally took off too much hair. He looked like he wanted to cry when he saw the hair that I had cut off. I'm not trying that again for a long, long time.

BlueWaterRed
September 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I can totally understand how you feel, but maybe as time goes by, she'll be grateful to have an accepting friend like you who may be HER inspiration to grow it out again.

turtlelover
September 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry for bad English. I'm not ANGRY with her, but am really, really sad. And, I'm afraid my stomach will definitely flip flop a bit when I see it! I feel like such a weirdo for getting upset about this sort of stuff, especially when my OWN hair isn't long at the moment, but it really, really does make me want to cry!!! Seriously!!!!

Quixii
September 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Oh, definitely not! While he's not my hair inspiration, I have a guy friend that grows his hair long during the year and then cuts it in the summer. Every time he brings up the upcoming hair cut I beg him not to cut it and always pout at him after he does, but then I leave him alone. It's his hair, and as much as I like it long, I can't do anything but encourage him to keep it long.
I have a feeling my other longhaired friend is thinking of cutting her hair. That one I'll be more sad about because she's my best friend and she's had hair that long as long as I've known her. But she wants to give it to cancer patients (I persuaded her out of LoL) and I know she's been thinking about it for a long time. :(

spidermom
September 13th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I used to a long time ago. Now I don't care what other people do with their hair. Actually, that's not totally true. I've been disappointed when some of my long hair mentors at this site cut their hair. Not really upset though.

Addy
September 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I definately do get sad when I see long hairs cut it all off. I don't know what it is but to see it all gone, it's quite shockingly sad for me but I move on pretty quickly and get used to it. It has to be the beauty I know *long hairs* to be and then, it's just all gone. :(

Atleast they are happy so that's all that matters in the end. :)

turtlelover
September 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I *have* learned to have a sense of humor about these things, but as a kid I didn't. When I was in kindergarten, I had a teacher w/ GORGEOUS long, thick hair that I LOVED, and one day she said she was planning to cut it. I pretended to be sick for a couple of days because I didn't want to go to school and see the result! HAHA!!!! Fortunately, she chickened out and didn't cut it, and my 5 year old heart wasn't broken! :cheese: