PDA

View Full Version : most stupendous hair day ever (so far....)

marikamt
September 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
So excited, couldn't wait to get home to share....... I have been debating getting a trim but had been really nervous because I only wanted a micro-trim....... finally broke today and decided to risk it...
Had a FABULOUS experience..... just went to Cost Cutters, nothing fancy, and explained to the girl that I was very nervous because I was growing and my goal was still 5 inches away and that I only grew about 3/4 per month. I told her I wanted to clean up the ends (splits) but nothing more.......
Not only did she listen (and actually do it!!!!! I think she MAY have cut off 1/8 inch)... she complimented me! She told me I had the most amazing, beautiful haircolor... when I told her it was henna, we actually had a long conversation about it.... she asked me where I got it and that she wanted to go red but hated the fade of chemical red...,
THEN she told me she couldn't believe what great shape my hair was in and how healthy it was........ I told her all about coconut oil, SMT's and shea butter (and LHC of course)......
I left w/ a ginormous smile on my face :D and still have it.........
thank you LHC for all the great advice... IT WORKS! :cheese:

spidermom
September 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Terrific! I like hair stylist experiences that end like this.

RancheroTheBee
September 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Awww! That's awesome. :) You should remember her name and go back to her next time.

marikamt
September 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Awww! That's awesome. :) You should remember her name and go back to her next time.

I told her I would see her in about a year.... :lol: but I will recommend her too...... if for nothing else, she really listened.... honestly, I feel so much better about my hair now.... nice to have outside reinforcement that what you are doing is working.....

smilinjenn71
September 13th, 2009, 04:10 PM
You did a great job too because you took the time to explain your goals and tell her you were nervous. Honestly, I think most hairstylists don't WANT to screw up peoples hair .... sometimes we just don't give them enough information to do what we need/want. That being said, I *do* realize there are some that don't know what they are doing just like in any other field!!

Lamb
September 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM
You know, I've had the best experiences at cheap places - don't know why, but stylists listen more. So glad you've had such a nice chat and compliments! :)

BlueWaterRed
September 13th, 2009, 05:00 PM
What a fantastic experience--I wish it wasn't such a rare occurrence! Maybe she'll stop by LHC herself and see what it's all about.

friskybiznus
September 13th, 2009, 06:02 PM
That is awesome! I had a similar experience when I got my hair trimmed last Friday. I've been to her before and I totally trust her. She told me she was expecting to see some breakage, but I had none!! She said, "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Your hair looks great!"

Congrats on the positive experience!!:cheer:

Addy
September 13th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I'm so happy you had a wonderful experience! Good for you! :cheese: