PDA

View Full Version : How important is it to change styles?

Bucatini
September 13th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I am just getting to a length where my hair is getting in the way of things for the first time. So I'm trying to wear it up more often to protect it. But I find myself pretty much wearing a bun every time.

Is there any harm in wearing the same updo each day? Or is it important to switch it up?

(By the way, to sleep I wear either a bun or a braid, depending on what kind of waves I want. So sometimes there are 24 hours of bunning!)

florenonite
September 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I think it depends on how fragile your hair is, and what type of style you're doing. I wore a cinnabun pretty much daily for months and didn't see damage; however others find that they need to switch updos frequently to avoid damage. If you're doing the same style daily, make sure you're not twisting too tightly, as that can break hairs.

However, if your hair's long enough for different styles, even different styles of buns, I encourage you to learn new ones. I spent a couple weeks at the beginning of the summer making myself do seven different styles each week, and I enjoyed my hair much more in that time than I do when I'm doing the same bun every day.