PDA

View Full Version : Postpartum shed....make it STOP!!!!

whiteisle
September 12th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Good grief!!! I'm practically bald! At least it feels that way. You wouldn't believe the hairball I extracted from the shower drain this morning. It looked like at least half the hair that use to be attached. When does the madness end?! I think I've dropped in thickness to 1/2 i if that's possible........seriously!:rolleyes:

Tell when I will stop shedding like a petrified cat, please.

indigonight
September 12th, 2009, 08:48 AM
try using black seed oil there is a thread on it on the natural hair care (henna, berbs) page..

good luck

whiteisle
September 12th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Irishred
September 12th, 2009, 09:57 AM
When I started PP shed, I think it lasted close to 4 months before I steady out. Hormones balancing and all. What scared me was I had a super heavy shed like all at once then more than average for that time. My length is finally thickening back up... again. I have 2 tiers I can see that I put a lot on to PP re-growth. One from my DD (almot 6) and when I started growing back out is about waist-TB from the bottom. The second from DS (almost 3) is reaching to just about APL. Now I nursed them until they were a year old so my sheds really didn't happen until they were tapering off about 9months old.

Never fear, it will stop and re grow as long as you do not have hormone issues.

HTH

Eden Iris
September 12th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I had a massive shed at 4 months PP and a continual shed for about another eight or nine months. If you breastfeed for more than a few months, you are likely to lose the hair gradually (but it's still the same amount of hair whatever you do).

It does end. Your hair does come back, absent other hormonal issues. Braiding at least contains it so you aren't constantly picking hairs off your bed/floor/clothes/baby/cat.

friskybiznus
September 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM
OK, so there is post-partum shedding, right? So what about shedding during menopause? Does that happen, too? That's the stage of life I'm at right now and I shed like crazy.

Rohele
September 12th, 2009, 03:17 PM
OK, so there is post-partum shedding, right? So what about shedding during menopause? Does that happen, too? That's the stage of life I'm at right now and I shed like crazy.

I think women can experience shedding/thinning during menopause and peri-menopause due to hormonal shifts.

DMARTINEZ
September 12th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Ohhhh yeah! Thats where I am at the moment also. I do see lots of baby hairs and
shorters ones trying to catch up so theres some hope...lol :) But, man,what a mess in
my bathroom,,,,blah.

Deb

friskybiznus
September 12th, 2009, 06:40 PM
But, man,what a mess in
my bathroom,,,,blah.

Deb

I know, right? Looks like something crawled up and died in there sometimes.....:D

chesapeake
September 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I totally feel your pain - as does the rest of my household. Everyone is tired of getting tangled in my renegade hair strands! I'm 4 months 12 days PP and it seems to be slowing down a bit, thankfully.

julya
September 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM
My postpartum shed totally sucked. I even got a couple of thin spots near my temples, but they did fill back in eventually. Shed started at about 3 months and ended at about 6 or 7 months. I was breastfeeding the whole time too. Hang in there! I don't have any advice for how to stop the shed, unfortunately.