PDA

View Full Version : Zumba is Dangerous

Islandgrrl
September 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
So this morning in Zumba (http://www.zumba.com/us/) class, I had my hair well contained in a single English braid.

As we're dancing around, the woman next to me got her bracelet - the kind with dangly charms - caught in my hair (OUCH!!!) and then had the nerve to tell me I should "do something with all that hair!"

Yeah, okay, it was in a braid. Duh.

Geez lady, maybe you should do something with your bracelet!!! Like not wear it to an exercise class!

florenonite
September 11th, 2009, 11:20 AM
That is rude! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black; even if you should have confined your hair better (though I don't know how you'd do that), she, too, shouldn't have worn jewellery.

missfortune9335
September 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
wow, how rude! and who wears their jewelry to exercise classes? you're not supposed to for just such reasons.

Lamb
September 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Because it is easier to ignore basic safety rules (like not wearing jewellery in an exercise class) and blaming the instructor... riiiiight. :rolleyes:

smilinjenn71
September 11th, 2009, 11:27 AM
WHY would anyone wear jewelry to an exercise class?!?!?!?! That's the first thing that goes when I exercise!

Islandgrrl
September 11th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Well, I wear my wedding ring, but that's about it.

And just for clarification purposes....I'm not the instructor for this class....I'm flailing around with the rest of the participants! ")

DarkChocolate
September 11th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Jewelry is dangerous to wear to an exercise class. She could have hit someone in the face or scratched someone with it.

Sorry about your hair. I have gotten my hair caught in things so bad that a few strands have been yanked out by the root and that hurts.

longhairedfairy
September 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM
So this morning in Zumba (http://www.zumba.com/us/) class, I had my hair well contained in a single English braid.

As we're dancing around, the woman next to me got her bracelet - the kind with dangly charms - caught in my hair (OUCH!!!) and then had the nerve to tell me I should "do something with all that hair!"

Yeah, okay, it was in a braid. Duh.

Geez lady, maybe you should do something with your bracelet!!! Like not wear it to an exercise class!
What?! I thought everyone knew that most jewelry is a no-no in almost any exercise or dance class!

ETA: My mother once got a chipped bone in her hand because of someone who wore a wrist watch during martial arts class.

florenonite
September 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Well, I wear my wedding ring, but that's about it.

Yeah, I've got two small bracelets that won't come off without cutting (and which I refuse to cut off due to sentimental value) that I wear for karate. However, any other jewellery comes off, and I make sure the strap on my sparring gloves covers these bracelets if I'm going to be sparring so they don't get caught on anything.

I don't think you necessarily can't wear any jewellery for a sport or exercise class, you just need to use some common sense, which this woman clearly didn't.