PDA

View Full Version : DH and my hair "stuff"

marikamt
September 11th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I recently went to a local holistic pharmacy because I heard they had Henna and natural hair care items (among lots of other stuff)..... I was like a kid in a candy store... so much to look at!
Anywho... decided to buy some bulk henna.... I think I bought 10 oz, they weighed it and put it in a large ziplock style baggy w/ a handwritten sticky label and the price.....
I came home and threw it on the bathroom vanity, thinking I was going to put it away later... DH comes home and goes "you spent $18.43 on BROWN DIRT?" with an incredulous look on his face... well, it was only $8.43 (her writing was funny)... but BROWN DIRT??? My new, glorious henna?
Some people just don't understand the importance of hair stuff... (Totally joking/ sarcastic!) :D

Dreamernz
September 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
They'll never learn eh? :D

melrose1985
September 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
HAHAH! that's to funny that he thought it was dirt. I know when i was mixing my up everyone in the house look at it like it's was this dirt stuff to, and mine was green.

Islandgrrl
September 11th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hehe....I totally know what you mean. The first time I ordered henna, DH opened the package and took out all the little pouches - 2 each of henna and cassia. "What the hell IS this stuff, anyway????"

JamieLeigh
September 11th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Lol! I'm sure he'll be singing a different tune when he sees how fabulous your hair looks after you put on the brown dirt. :eyebrows: Mine never could get past all the foodstuffs I've used for my hair. He'd wander in thinking I'm making him something yummy....then his face would fall as he realized it was for hair. :D

wolf girl
September 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
My DH gripes constantly about the lack of space in the shower for his stuff. I've heard a million times...."For someone that only washed their hair 1-2 a week, you have got a lot of ____!" :D LOL (edited to keep PG)

linda g
September 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
My first reaction when my henna arrived in the mail was pretty close to "dirt"! :D

motormuffin
September 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Between the hair stuff and the skin stuff. I have little bottles of this and that lining the whole bathroom. His hair is shaved and I think he uses 3 items in the whole bathroom.

hmmm
September 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
He knows what henna is, he tried it on his scalp a long time ago and didn't like it because it made his scalp red. The first time I henna'd, he was the one who helped me with the stuff, putting it on and rinsing out etc. We had some left so he did a henna tattoo on my back... which faded, but was still pretty cool. And VERY ticklish, with the paintbrush he used.

friskybiznus
September 11th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I don't use henna, but my DH makes fun of all my "girly stuff" in the bathroom. And I have a shoe tree hanging from the wall that holds all my hair toys....which I spend money on...which he doesn't really get, but tolerates...and then he tells me I'm pretty, so there you go (payoff)!!

janiejones
September 11th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Haha I haven't told my boyfriend about potential henna on my hair at all....I'm just introducing him to the fact that you can put honey on your hair without disastrous results. He knows I'm kinda quirky and nature-oriented though, so I think it'll go over well.

Arkady
September 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM
The first time I put henna on my hair (i.e. on Tuesday), my OH looked at the stuff in the bowl and said "Umm... you do know what that looks like, don't you?"

marikamt
September 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM
The first time I put henna on my hair (i.e. on Tuesday), my OH looked at the stuff in the bowl and said "Umm... you do know what that looks like, don't you?"

ROTFL!!! yeah, the first time I did it, wrapped in saran wrap, w/ a plastic grocery bag over that and a shower cap over that, lightly heating every 15 minutes for about 4 hrs..... DH just shook his head and laughed..... I think at one point he was laughing so hard he may have drooled on himself...... hehehe

longhairedfairy
September 11th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Haha!:laugh: Tell him you're taking up pottery.

longhairedfairy
September 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
HAHAH! that's to funny that he thought it was dirt. I know when i was mixing my up everyone in the house look at it like it's was this dirt stuff to, and mine was green.
Did you dye your hair with green?

windinherhair
October 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
My husband has recently told me that he doesn't understand a lot about my interest in hair and hair "stuff", but said he thinks it is cool I have another interest and "if it makes me happy." ;)

rchorr
October 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Wait'll he sees it mixed with water. It looks a bit like goose poop! LOL! :silly:

RCHORR'

linda g
October 14th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Wait'll he sees it mixed with water. It looks a bit like goose poop! LOL! :silly:

RCHORR'

:laugh: That's what I thought, but I wasn't gonna say it.

Amara
October 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
HAH! They put with so much, don't they? :)

linda g
October 14th, 2009, 11:38 AM
My husband is a little squeamish, so he is not allowed in the bathroom post-henna until I have *entirely* cleaned up every last mess.

Anje
October 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I've got a friend who alternately says it looks like goose poop or baby poop.

DH, on the other hand, is back to using a henna/katam mixture to dye his prematurely white goatee. He's just amused by all my goofy concoctions, but says it's part of who I am. (Probably true... I am the one who made zinc oxide-coconut oil deodorant and decided to apply it as sunscreen as well. Being the weirdo who makes her own sunscreen definitely sounds like me.)