PDA

View Full Version : Advice about hair dye

rockstarmommy
September 10th, 2009, 08:47 PM
asdfghjtdgfhjtyue

ademtce
September 10th, 2009, 10:28 PM
if you're getting this 'navy blue' from a brand i'd suggest not using it again.

look for a good Demi-Permanent Level 1 (black), as always i suggest Wella Color Touch. adding color touch should not be a problem over your existing problem but when this color starts to face you may see the navy blue again - if you want to make sure it doesn't come back, buy yourself a box or two of Vanish (its the gentlest color remover on the planet!) and use that then apply the ColorTouch - you can find CT on Killerstrands or Ebay.

rockstarmommy
September 10th, 2009, 11:37 PM
aSDFGHJKLsdfgh

ademtce
September 11th, 2009, 02:05 AM
yes - they both remove color, although i've never personally used ColorOops so i can't say if works as well as vanish does. (you can find vanish on ebay & killerstrands too)

metalgypsy85
September 11th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Unless it's super obvious blue, I wouldn't color it in only a week after, try to give your hair maybe 4 weeks to rest.

ademtce
September 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
i would usually agree but since its black/blue dye the sooner you get it out the better.
the longer it stays in the more difficult it becomes to remove

zombi
September 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
my personal experience w/many brands of blue-black dye was that after some washings the blue fades off, leaving brown-black or "just black".

I also did not find it more difficult to remove than anything else. Red is harder.

Dreamernz
September 11th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Try soaking in a bath with tea tree oil as that helps to fade the colour a bit :D Oh and staying out in the sun :D

RancheroTheBee
September 11th, 2009, 11:32 AM
First off, I'd personally love navy-colored hair, so if you can tell me the brand, I'd be chuffed.

Second, you can run the risk of the dye fading to green if your hair was on the warmer side before; if this happens, visit a salon and they can apply a toner over it. I'm not saying this will happen, but it happened to me. Then again, I was still shooting for a pure blue-black, so I got the blue toner. :p

Last but not least, you can try deep oilings to remove the dye, and it also provides the benefit of strengthening the hair while making the color fade a little.

rockstarmommy
September 11th, 2009, 10:31 PM
qwertyudrfghjk