PDA

View Full Version : Hair Coincidence and Compliment

shadowclaw
September 10th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I wore my up in a big bun today using my hairagami sticks (which are quite difficult to work with once your hair gets past APL :p). I put the top half of my hair into a bun, then took the bottom half and fed it into the center of the bun, creating a ponytail surrounded by a "hair ring." I then wrapped the hair using another stick and made a sort of ring going pependicular to the first. I think I have a photo of when I did it another time...

http://www.snowdragon.org/stuff/weird_bun.jpg

It was like that, but proportioned better and not at all messy!

Anyway, I had class today, and at the end of my Database Design class, my professor walked over to me and said, "I noticed your hair today, and I think you are using the... um... one of these..."

Then she turned and grabbed onto her own bun and unfolded it to reveal a hairagami stick!

I told her yes, and we briefly discussed how I did mine and how I have to fold my hair in half before wrapping in order to use them. Then she paid me a compliment:

"Mine is so messy. I just got it yesterday and I can't quite get it right. But yours is so neat and it looks so lovely."

It felt so great! Since classes started, I've done a different style everyday... cinnamon bun twice with different hair sticks, the Victorian style, and today the crazy hairagami bun. Until today, no one said anything and I was beginning to get annoyed :p I so rarely get hair compliments.

longhairedfairy
September 10th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Very cool! I bet she'd been admiring your hair for days and just wasn't sure how to open the conversation. Yay!

Speckla
September 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM
That sounds complicated to do but is very pretty.

friskybiznus
September 10th, 2009, 08:04 PM
It's a really pretty style! Good for you! I think I'm going to look for the hairagami thingy. I'm a bit inept at styling my own hair and am in a ponytail rut!:rolleyes:

Wanderer09
September 10th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I'm wondering if I should get one of these. Your bun looks great!

Gumball
September 10th, 2009, 10:09 PM
That's a pretty cool coincidence! Your style does look really pretty. I also thought it was neat how you also got to get into a little conversation about it, too. That's even more rare I think, especially given those circumstances.

Medievalmaniac
September 11th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I'm telling you guys, professors are people! lol That's great that she noticed your hair and that she asked you about it - must have made your day!! :)

Fencai
September 11th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Awww! That's totally sweet! And nice to see someone who's not too shy to compliment and ask for help! Way to go!

Little_Bird
September 11th, 2009, 07:55 AM
That bun is very original, I've never seen anything like it! I'm not surprised you got a compliment on it, specially if it looked better than the one in the picture...

Lovely indeed :flower:

maxzeen
September 11th, 2009, 07:57 AM
your hair looks very pretty. and its always so nice to get a hair compliment

spidermom
September 11th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Nice creation! I'm glad you got a compliment.

JamieLeigh
September 11th, 2009, 09:24 AM
That's a very interesting and unique style, and what a compliment! Congrats! I think you have gorgeous hair - I would probably tell you every day if I saw you IRL, lol. :p

frodolaughs
September 11th, 2009, 09:37 AM
It's always nice (and surprising) to get genuine compliments from unexpected directions. Thanks for sharing!

shadowclaw
September 11th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks, everyone! I didn't come up with the style, though. It was on the video that came with the hairagami sticks... I think you can even watch the video on youtube now. Except that mine is a lot thicker than on the model, because her hair is only to her shoulders.

Dreamernz
September 11th, 2009, 11:02 AM
oooooh preeeettty! Your hair's a lovely colour by the way :D

motormuffin
September 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I forgot I have those. I never could figure out how to use them. I'll have to dig it out and try it again. Your hair looks so tidy.

Islandgrrl
September 11th, 2009, 11:19 AM
What a great compliment! Good for you.

I have to say, that style looks incredibly challenging, not to mention beautiful!

Ryanne
September 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
That's sweet and deserved; the style looks lovely.