PDA

View Full Version : S&D routine?

frodolaughs
September 10th, 2009, 10:21 AM
For those of you who use S&D as an alternative to some or all trimming, how often do you do it? How long is your typical session?
Thanks.

RuthieAnne
September 10th, 2009, 10:26 AM
My method is to braid my hair in one braid and leave a good 10 inches of tail. I then work the tail by sections till I'm through and also catch any splits that stick out of the braid. If the lighting is good I can go for at least an hour. It has been encouraging for me to see how quickly I can get through the tail now.

God bless,

~Ruthie

Loreley
September 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I do SD at least an hour every week. It helped me a lot. I put my hair in a ponytail and cut split ends. :)

Ryanne
September 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Mostly when I have more important things to do. Sometimes a minute, or ten, sometimes longer, it depends. My hair can be loose or in a ponytail.

Little_Bird
September 10th, 2009, 11:10 AM
When I started to S&D I used to try and do like cutting 10 splits a day. Then I stopped that I started S&D'ing like twice a month, in long sessions.

Now I really only S&D when I feel like, but very regularly, and I mostly do it when my hair is braided (I search for the hairs that come out of the braid, and also the braid tassle)...

It's fun actually. Specially if you put music on and let yourself trimming splits for a couple of hours :)

Now that I remember... haven't done that one for a while (tough I just finished cutting a couple of splits :p)

spidermom
September 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Recently I was on a long car trip with DH driving so I did S&D for 4 hours, decided that my hair was crap, and almost cut it. Really - I did. S&D = not such a good idea for me.

florenonite
September 10th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I don't like S&D sessions because it hurts my eyes, even with my reading glasses on. Intead, if I happen to see a split I cut it off and look around for neighbouring ones. I also sometimes look at the bottom of a braid tassel for splits.

Reptilia
September 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hmm I would say every couple of months. I just do it when I start noticing a lot of splits. I typically do it over the course of a few days at about 1/2 an hour each time, just until I feel I've got most of them.

I keep my hair scissors at my desk all the time so if I'm always cutting off splits!