PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida

1MegMeg
April 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hello! I found this site by way of makeupally and have been reading it non-stop the past couple of days. It's been such a tremendous wealth of information and I look forward to learning morning and sharing my hair growing journey with like-minded people. :)

My hair just skimmed the tops of my shoulders when I decided to "actively" start growing it last summer. Now it is maybe 1/2" past APL. I'm not sure how long I want to let it grow, but my next mini-goal is BSL.

Cheers! Meg

lora410
April 17th, 2008, 05:57 PM
FINALLY a closer floridian :lol: Hey there i'm in Tampa and welcome to the site. It becomes addicting but my hair is in the best shape of its life. I thought I originally wanted hip length now I am pondering tail bone :D

1MegMeg
April 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Thank you for the welcome! We are almost neighbors, connected by the I-4 corridor! :) I'm excited to continue learning more great things on here.

lora410
April 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the welcome! We are almost neighbors, connected by the I-4 corridor! :) I'm excited to continue learning more great things on here.

yup jump on I-75 and get into I-4..:lol: yeah I developed an unhealthy hair toy addiction on here. I seem to buy one every two weeks ;)

amaiaisabella
April 17th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Welcome! I'm from Florida too, but just a tad further south- I'm in Miami! :)

Your hair is already pretty long, so you've got a lot to work with! I'm just past shoulder length now, and my goal is your length or BSL. I figure any longer in the heat down here, and I'm just asking for trouble :)

michelle99
April 17th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Welcome, Meg!

onthegrow
April 18th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah fellow Floridians. I'm in Port Richey about an hour north of Tampa. My hair was in a very short spiked cut when I found LHC and decided to let it grow. It is now passing BSL and I'm going for terminal.
I was never able to let my hair grow it would get so long and I'd end up perming or dyeing and then get tired of that and then straighten or remove the color which of course fried my hair so I"d chop it all off. With such inspiring beautiful hair on this site I was able to keep things all natural and my hair is showing it's appreciation by growing away.

Lixie
April 18th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Welcome to LHC. :)

lora410
April 18th, 2008, 06:28 AM
ohhh we so need a florida meet!!!!! I am more in Riverview area but tampa is liek 5 mins away..LOL

lora410
April 18th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Welcome! I'm from Florida too, but just a tad further south- I'm in Miami! :)

Your hair is already pretty long, so you've got a lot to work with! I'm just past shoulder length now, and my goal is your length or BSL. I figure any longer in the heat down here, and I'm just asking for trouble :)

I figure it this way, Hair grows faster in warmer weather; so I am not going to complain how warm it is here all the time ;)

ladystar
April 18th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Welcome I am from Miami also.
Enjoy the site and don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions! =)

wolf girl
April 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Hello fellow Floridians!!! I'm a Space Coast girl. Happy to see a few LHCers that are fairly close by! :cheese:

amaiaisabella
April 18th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I figure it this way, Hair grows faster in warmer weather; so I am not going to complain how warm it is here all the time ;)

I have found the opposite to be true, actually! Though with my addition of Biotin and random applications of Monistat, that it does seem to be perking up :D

1MegMeg
April 18th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

onthegrow - I grew up in New Port Richey so I know right where you are. :)

wolf girl - I live in east Orlando, so we probably aren't too far away from each other.

backtonature
April 22nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hello fellow newbie, I'm also in Florida -Tampa. :) Once thing about us Florida girls is we have great weather for growing hair ,the humid weather is great for growing long hair.

JCFantasy23
April 24th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I'm also in Florida! Lakeland here, which is about 45 minutes from Tampa. Welcome newbie!

firebird
April 27th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Welcome :) I'm in Florida too - Gainesville, north of Orlando. Happy hair growing!

DaveDecker
April 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Greetings and welcome Meg! :waving: I'm also a Floridian, in the Tampa area.

Gosh, I am surprised by how many of us are in this area, I had no idea! You are right, Lora410, we should have a meet (the Meets forum is a more private place than the "new start here!" forum to discuss possible dates/locations).

lora410
April 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Greetings and welcome Meg! :waving: I'm also a Floridian, in the Tampa area.

Gosh, I am surprised by how many of us are in this area, I had no idea! You are right, Lora410, we should have a meet (the Meets forum is a more private place than the "new start here!" forum to discuss possible dates/locations).

Gosh, we may just have to orgaize one :-D

DaveDecker
April 27th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Gosh, we may just have to orgaize one :-D

For some reason, simply doing so seems to be the hard part. Florida meets via LHC have been suggested before, yet one still has not occurred. Such talk never gets past the "where shall we meet" part, much less when. But maybe this time it will be different... with so many of us in the Tampa bay area alone, we could have a meet right here.

I would suggest starting the discussion within the Meets forum.

Longhairpixie
May 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Welcome :) I'm in Florida too - Gainesville, north of Orlando. Happy hair growing!

YES!! Someone from Gainesville! I'm a ACR. I love it here.... just not the silly students. The can't drive, are stuck up for some reason and take all the fun jobs. :D

Tyu
May 15th, 2009, 04:33 AM
I'm in Florida also, in Sanford.

amaiaisabella
May 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I'm moving to Tallahassee for grad school and would love to know if there are any LHCers who are Seminoles :)

Sasha_S
May 19th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Hi!
I'm new too :) Unlike the others, I'm not in Florida though ;D Wish I was, it's cold in the UK!
x

Aditi
May 19th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Hii and welcome to LHC.

Jean Stuart
April 30th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I am new here too. I am in St. Augustine

exchequette
April 30th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hello and welcome! I am also new, and my hair doesn't even skim my shoulders yet. I am hoping to at least get it past my shoulders by the end of the year, but I don't have warm weather to help my hair grow faster - I'm in Chicago.