PDA

View Full Version : S&d Ocd

Aer
September 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I have this serious compulsion lately. I have been way over obsessed with S&D,(search and destroy, cutting at split ends you see). It wasn't a problem at first, but I find myself equipped with barber scissors everywhere I go, I carry them in my messenger bag, so when I'm waiting in the van while my husband is in the store, I can search for split ends and chop them off. But this is like a four to five time a day habit, and sometimes I'll just see a hair that looks sort of off to me, and snip it goes. I haven't really lost my length, and my hair is pretty damage free, but does anyone else do this, or have any advice?

spidermom
September 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I've been doing the same thing. The more damage I snip, the more I see, and the more discouraged I feel. Time to put the hair up and forget it.

DragonLady
September 9th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I was doing the same thing. Now, I just keep a small pair of scissors on my nightstand. If I carry them around with me I snip at my strands all day long.

Heidi_234
September 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Huh I'm very scissor-happy lately too. Maybe it's the change of seasons? Although I do find quite alot of splits, white dot's and fiery knots, so it's not all unjustified.

RocketDog
September 9th, 2009, 11:26 PM
This is precisely why I do not S&D! I am already obsessive enough about grooming my nails and eyebrows, the last thing I need is to add another thing to worry about...

Susana
September 9th, 2009, 11:40 PM
LOL as I am reading this I am sitting at the computer biting off split ends (and whatever other hair strands end up in my mouth)....I don't feel like getting the scissors. If you want to stop, I would second Spidermom's suggestion, just put it up.

julya
September 10th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I've stopped doing S&D because I don't think it makes a significant difference in how my hair feels. You could take a break from doing it for a few days, if it is bugging you.

Aer
September 10th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Spidermom's advice is what I'm going to do, but it will be hard!!! It's kind of like when you bite your nails, you do it without thinking. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this little habit, but I don't want to be like that old saying "Misery enjoys company" . It could be the seasons, maybe somethings in the air, like the 'Wind Goblin of Obsessive S&D'. I hope it breezes away soon.

ktani
September 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I used to do the same thing. Now I mostly do a mini s&d if I feel my hair catching in certain places (on my head) and causing a problem. I still do thorough s&d's, just not anywhere nearly as often as I used to when I was "driven to".

If you are finding a lot of splits or breakage, think about altering your routine or products. If not, just relax. Whatever you missed, you can get the next time. There is no rush.