PDA

View Full Version : Hands on hair

cakebaker
September 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I have found I just can't keep my hands off my hair. I'm always wanting to finger comb back my bangs or fluff out the back. I have stopped brushing it so much and now I guess I'm just using my hands instead! I don't twirl it or anything like that, I'm just always moving it around. Anyone else have this problem? And how bad is it for my hair? It's just a habit I have to get out of!

Cereus
September 9th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Yes, I have the same problem. Wearing it up a lot keeps my hands out of my hair. When it's down it's like I think I have to keep untangling it.

mellie89
September 9th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I do this too. I try to keep it in a bun or braids most of the time, or else I'm playing with it constantly.

I guess I'm also wondering if it's bad for the hair. I seem to shed more when I play with it, but it could just be that I'm noticing it more, or that I'm loosening hairs that would shed anyway.

Anyone else wanna weigh in?

meowmeow
September 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I touch my hair a lot too, but not really to rearrange the style, it just feels really soft. :) It kind of looks not so polished after but it doesn't bother me.

I don't think it's bad for your hair, unless you're hearing snapping sounds. If you're noticing a lot more hair falling, it's probably shed hair you're loosening.

Aer
September 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Yes. I do this, it's become sort of a a habit.

Rivanariko
September 9th, 2009, 10:20 PM
If my hair is down I can't help playing with it. I just love the way it feels in my fingers, and I hate when it gets tangly (all the time). Keeping it up makes a big difference. I still feel it a lot through the day, but I can't actively do as much with it, I just kind of pat my bun, make sure it's still where it should be, and then go on with my day. Seems to be really helping reduce damage!

Zindell
September 10th, 2009, 04:23 AM
I play with my hair all the time, but I don't see it as a problem but as a feature :D

pepperminttea
September 10th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I do this a lot when it's down, too. I always worry that I'll do it subconsciously, when I'm around people, and they'll think of that armchair-psychology line that fiddling with hair is flirting. Half the time it's just something to do with my hands, but I do wonder if people get the wrong idea... :o

windinherhair
September 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I have the same problem. Sometimes I will just find myself playing with the ends of my hair. At times my husband as just grabbed a strand and said "Here, let me do that for you." I don't even realize I am doing it. LOL! So I have worn my hair up a lot more and that keeps me out of it. I notice it especially when I am at home, so I still wear it down sometimes after my wash day when I go out and it isn't too hot.

spidermom
September 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I've noticed that when my hair is down and I run my fingers through it, a lot of times I'll hit a tangle, and if I start pulling the tangle apart, ends will split. I really do better to use my hardwood comb for combing out/detangling instead of my fingers.

To keep my fingers out of my hair, I put it up.

AnneAdeline
September 10th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I find that I can't even keep my hands away when I put it up. I smooth the top or play with my braid tassle. I figure that the amount of damage is no more that just normal wear and tear.

linda g
September 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I have the same problem of playing with my hair now that I have a tiny bit of length, it feels so nice!

I also tend to play with it when I am thinking, and I realized I probably am not looking very professional at work when I do this :(