PDA

View Full Version : Pictures after doing the unthinkable

Patrycja
April 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I recently dyed my hair again,after swearing I was never going to do it again.I've always loved this color so I'm happy with the results.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/cyodice05/SN850996-Copy.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/cyodice05/SN850997-Copy.jpg

yeah..those are big.And I don't know why the second one came out so grainy :(

oh yeah---you all think I'm past APL??? I think(!!!!!)I might have my longer layers at a inch above BSL now.Yea!!!!!!!!!

Ohio Sky
April 17th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Oooh thats a lovely color, what did you use?
Im glad you like it :)
Id say youre very close to BSL!
Very shiny too!

Islandgrrl
April 17th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Pretty color. Is that henna or commercial?

I think you're right, you're nearly to BSL...maybe an inch to go!

Riot Crrl
April 17th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Looks nice, pretty color! Not that I'm partial or anything :)

I can see your armpits and your longest hair is 2-3" below them. Looks pretty close to BSL to me!

jojo
April 17th, 2008, 04:33 PM
looking good and way past APL, id say you are 'can i call this BSL' well done, your hair is looking beautiful!

Shanarana
April 17th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Love the color, looks great.

Euphony
April 17th, 2008, 04:38 PM
OOOOOOOO pretty color! It looks a lot like henna is it? If it's not henna have you thought about trying it? Beware though, it's addictive!

I'd say you are very close to bsl!!

Lixie
April 17th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Gorgeous colour, glad you're happy with it too. :) You look about an inch or so off BSL.

TammySue
April 17th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Beautiful color! I say if you enjoy the color and it makes you happy, just do it. I was 44 when I stopped coloring my hair and I don't regret all the years I enjoyed coloring it.

lora410
April 17th, 2008, 05:15 PM
bout time woman ;) I love the color and btw you past APL.

Cloverleaf
April 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
It looks very nice.

paper
April 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
LOVE the color. Wish I was brave enough to try that, hubby would love it!

DavidN
April 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM
That is the most beautiful colour, Ilovemycop, and the most important thing is that you are happy!

amaiaisabella
April 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM
The color looks really nice! In the first pic, it actually looks more like a reddish purple, which is awesome :)

sweetkandi
April 17th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I like the color too! Please tell us what you use. :)

Blueglass
April 17th, 2008, 05:56 PM
You can actually get a color like that from beets. It's really unique,

saman
April 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
nice color

cuddledumplin
April 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM
It looks great. Remember, it's your hair. If you're happy, I'm not going to say anything bad about it.

spidermom
April 17th, 2008, 07:19 PM
You've definitely passed APL, so congratulations on that. It feels so good to reach and then pass those milestones, doesn't it?

Alley Cat
April 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
It looks lovely and and past APL . :cheese:

Patrycja
April 17th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Awwwww thanks everyone :flowers:

It isn't henna.Its Deep Burgundy from Feria,which came out a dark/purplish.Its already faded a little bit from the first day but its still brilliant in the sun.I wanted a color close to what henna can do but I am so lazy to give henna a try.That,and I'm afraid I'll mess it up and end up with orange hair.

I didn't know I was that close to BSL untill I saw this picture.Now,I can start working on my next goal-waist!You all made my day saying all those nice things :D

LisaButz2001
April 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Is that the color that Jessica Alba had when she was their spokeswoman? I loved her color in season 2 of Dark Angel/those commercials. I was really tempted to dye my hair, but didn't.

Patrycja
April 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I honestly don't know if this is the same color.I was this color back in hs and then I got into a faze when I hated red.I have auborn/red hair naturally and I have been doing whatever I can to get rid of the red highlights.It didn't work so I decided to embrace it again.There's something about a red haired green eyed beauty :D

SHELIAANN1969
April 17th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Awwwww thanks everyone :flowers:

It isn't henna.Its Deep Burgundy from Feria,which came out a dark/purplish.Its already faded a little bit from the first day but its still brilliant in the sun.I wanted a color close to what henna can do but I am so lazy to give henna a try.That,and I'm afraid I'll mess it up and end up with orange hair.

I didn't know I was that close to BSL untill I saw this picture.Now,I can start working on my next goal-waist!You all made my day saying all those nice things :D

I saw a woman at the park yesterday and she had the most lovely color of red, I though it looked like henna.

I asked her, "hey do you henna your hair"? and she said she used to butthat color was Feria Chocolate Cherry! I was like wow, sweet!!

Her hair was about a 3b/3c and she was barely past shoulders, but man, it was thick, curly , full and pretty.

I told her it was gorgeous, she didnt act like I was weird either!! haha:cheese:

michelle99
April 17th, 2008, 09:56 PM
The color is beautiful.

Riot Crrl
April 17th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Not to rain on the parade but I would be prepared for this possibility. Chemical reds on me (Feria included) always rinsed out about 3/4 of the way within a week or so.

Miss Murphy
April 18th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Wow, awesome colour! I had already noticed it in your siggy pic, but I waited for the "official" anouncement ;)

And yep, you're definitely past APL!

lilalong
April 18th, 2008, 02:14 AM
it's a very beautiful color.

Looks a lot like henna to me too.

aney
April 18th, 2008, 03:56 AM
wow great color!

tameriska
April 18th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Hijack

You can actually get a color like that from beets.
Blueglass, I just have to ask, how? and is it temporary or permenant?

n3m3sis42
April 18th, 2008, 05:37 AM
I am a former Feria addict, so I'm not going to criticize. It's really pretty! :D

Henna is so worth it, though. You're lucky that your natural haircolor is light enough that it would really be vibrant over it. Mine is dark, so it's really just a reddish tint and then bright on my whites. Although I guess that gives me reason to look forward to more whites.

Patrycja
April 18th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the washing out heads up.I'm trying to keep from washing my hair but once a week to see if that helps with the fading.I know its going to fade some,which I'm already prepared for.I'm not going heavy on the overnight oilings as well because that can strip color real quick too.If I can keep from redoing it but once every few months,I'll be super happy.When I was real bad with the dye-I wasn't waiting even 3 weeks to redo it.That's how my hair got so bad over the years.

Loviatar
April 18th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Ooh, a real cherry cola of a colour! Looks great :)

Patrycja
April 18th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Ooh, a real cherry cola of a colour! Looks great :)

That was exactly the color I was going for!!! yea me!! and yea you for seeing it!! :D

Jason
April 18th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I love that color. I dyed my hair almost that exact color last June. Was yours a permanent or temporary coloring? I used the 28 wash type and it faded in a couple months but left some subtle highlights. I wasn't planning on continuing to dye it so I didn't mind that it faded.

amaiaisabella
April 18th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I have been concerned about fading too - I colored my hair two weeks ago, and the only time I noticed a visible fading was when I used shampoo to clarify- and a dime sized amount, at that!

I don't know if you CO but it is definitely keeping my color vibrant :)

Patrycja
April 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I was wondering if CO was the way to go since I know CWC fades color(experience).But,I'm wondering what should I use to clarify?i do the BS and poo paste treatment but that seems like it would be so harsh on it and I'm still trying to baby it back to life.

Jason- its permanent.I have the worst luck with semi's.They leave my hair not right looking when they supposedly "wash" out.

amaiaisabella
April 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Well, the picture in my signature was taken a few days ago, and it's been 2 weeks since I colored. So I say it's looking pretty good :)

Chamomile betty
April 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I think it's a lovely color.
I am blonde so I am always admiring the more darker shades.

Looks great!

Alaskanheart
April 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Pretty color, looks like it could be henna. Maybe if you dont wan to dye with boxed stuff, you can switch to henna and still keep the lovely shade.Looks like BSL to me, way to go!

should have read more I would have ssen that you thought of henna, It scares me too.

Kittee
April 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm tempted to try the beet thing! :) LOVELY color woman! WTG!

Lamb
April 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM
That's a pretty color! And you are definitely very close to BSL, looks like an inch maximum!

Moezland
April 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Love the color!!