PDA

View Full Version : A red hair day

levelek
September 9th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I thought some people might enjoy this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8245290.stm

"The idea of a ginger festival may sound like little more than a bit of fun, but when 3,000 redheads came together for a recent gathering it became a bonding experience."Seems there were some longhairs in the crowd, too!

Gumball
September 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
That's pretty cool! I don't see red hair very much on a day to day basis, so seeing lots of it in one location is a pleasant surprise. That's an interesting idea for a festival.

marzipanthecat
September 9th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Oooh, I just saw this on the BBC website and was about to come over to LHC and post it myself!

I just said to my husband I'd love to go to this event (maybe next year!), I think I'm almost gingery-red enough to count... I'm certainly fairly ginger!

I love red hair - especially with such pale skin, like some people have in the photos on the BBC. It's such a shame people get made fun of for it.

AnneAdeline
September 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Cool!
I've always been fascinated by red hair. It would be cool to see so many redheads in one place.

levelek
September 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM
You should go, marzipanthecat! It would be too ironic if they discriminated on the basis of 'not ginger enough' ;)

Where I grew up you hardly ever saw natural redheads. People would ooh and ahh over it (in an admiring way). :)

redwoman
September 9th, 2009, 03:55 PM
OMG!! I would dearly love to go there!! That is so awesome! I love to see a redhead in public, its like I know about some of their life or something. By the way, carrot tops are green...:D

redwoman
September 9th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Oh, and marizipan you should definately go!!

free_hug
September 10th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Quite a sight! :D Thanks for posting! Oh, and the girls with bangs & wurls, wow they have a beautiful haircut... <3 /loves/

Phalaenopsis
September 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I went! I wrote a blog about it :) I braided redheads all day long there...

levelek
September 10th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Phalaenopsis, that's too cool! :D

SimplyLonghair
September 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I would love to go! Maybe I will some day, or we will get our own redhead day! That would be cool too. :happydance:

Phalaenopsis
September 11th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Phalaenopsis, that's too cool! :D

I know it is :D

ilovelonghair
September 11th, 2009, 04:05 AM
If I still lived in Holland I'd go to that! Or would they discriminate against henna redheads? Not that mine is identifiable as fake LOL and I do have a tiny bit of copper in my hair naturally

Phalaenopsis
September 11th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Everyone is allowed to come, but on Sunday they take a big picture of all the redheads there. I'm afraid that's only for natural redheads.:o

*Rose Red*
September 11th, 2009, 05:33 AM
I would love to go!
Me too! Perhaps next year?

LutraLutra
September 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Looks like a great event. :) I wonder if they have a colour chart for for deciding who's red or not, would it start at strawberry blonde and go up to auburn? :D