PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeeelp slow grow :(

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Hello All,

Since I joined LHC I did not notice any progress of my length :( I don't know what am doing wrong

I have been using Dove Shampoo with con for the breakage hair end
oiling once or twice a week with Parachute oil - mixed with grand fenugreek + Black seeds + 1 garlic I soak this only for few day then i used the oil only !

here's the pix
http://www6.0zz0.com/thumbs/2009/09/09/07/504249725.jpg

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 01:50 AM
i might be obssesd sometimes i feel its geting longer sometime shorter !!! i dont know

oogie
September 9th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Hi :D

If I may, please. Sometimes it takes experimenting to see what really works best for your hair. What works for some, might not work for others. Maybe there is something that would work better for you? Not saying that what you're doing is wrong or that you should stop what you're doing, dear heavens no. Just maybe a little more time and keep your routine and try things too.

Second thing I'd like to mention is that growing hair sometimes takes longer than we want it to but patience is it's own reward. Hang in there :flowers:

Best long hair wishes

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Hi :D

If I may, please. Sometimes it takes experimenting to see what really works best for your hair. What works for some, might not work for others. Maybe there is something that would work better for you? Not saying that what you're doing is wrong or that you should stop what you're doing, dear heavens no. Just maybe a little more time and keep your routine and try things too.

Second thing I'd like to mention is that growing hair sometimes takes longer than we want it to but patience is it's own reward. Hang in there :flowers:

Best long hair wishes

Thanks oogie sooo much ,,
I always want to get up in the morning with super long hair !!
or maybe i have to stop thinking till i complete 1 year !!

aisling
September 9th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I think you really, really should read articles and a lot of different threads here on LHC, you could probably do a lot of things in a different way, at least I learned a lot and saw mistakes I did.

Anyway, your shampoo and conditioner might be a problem, the Dove conditioner is a cone heavy conditioner and even if some have good results with those conditioners, many others don't like them. Perhaps another conditioner would be a good buy?

Elenna
September 9th, 2009, 03:57 AM
For fast growth, somewhere here there is a thread called "Millet for a real fast growth." Also I'd recommend protein like eggs. Fresh fruit and vegetables help.

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 04:24 AM
I think you really, really should read articles and a lot of different threads here on LHC, you could probably do a lot of things in a different way, at least I learned a lot and saw mistakes I did.

Anyway, your shampoo and conditioner might be a problem, the Dove conditioner is a cone heavy conditioner and even if some have good results with those conditioners, many others don't like them. Perhaps another conditioner would be a good buy?

thanks alot .. yes the cone is quite heave but i thought it might be good for my breakage & split ends

any suggestion for other good 1 ?

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 04:26 AM
For fast growth, somewhere here there is a thread called "Millet for a real fast growth." Also I'd recommend protein like eggs. Fresh fruit and vegetables help.

hi Elenna .. i Heard that eggs are not good as sometime they contain microbes when its raw ..so puting that on hair !! I dont know

ill try to search for that artical

much appreciate :)

Elle214
September 9th, 2009, 04:37 AM
I think Elenna wanted to say you should EAT the eggs, because of the proteins, they contain :)

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I think Elenna wanted to say you should EAT the eggs, because of the proteins, they contain :)

hehe now i think that also :o thanks for passing

jivete
September 9th, 2009, 08:07 AM
If you're experience breakage, your hair might be breaking as fast as it's growing. Have you tried wearing it up exclusively for a few months and then taking it down to check growth? Also, wavy hair can look longer or shorter depending on how wavy it is that day. I know I go through spurts where I swear mine isn't growing or it's getting shorter. I'm going through one now, so I've decided to put my hair away and try not to think about it.

You might consider your routine as well. Silicones do seem to make my fragile hair even more brittle, so I try to avoid them.

maxzeen
September 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
try aubrey organics honeysuckle rose shampoo and conditioner. the conditioner is really thick and nice

spidermom
September 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Try to avoid checking your length so often. Have someone take a picture of the back of your head for length once every 3 months or so and check the length that way. It probably is growing but you're checking too often to see any progress. That was my problem, anyway. I used to check my length, looking for growth, about 9 times a day. Guess what? I never saw any progress.

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
If you're experience breakage, your hair might be breaking as fast as it's growing. Have you tried wearing it up exclusively for a few months and then taking it down to check growth? Also, wavy hair can look longer or shorter depending on how wavy it is that day. I know I go through spurts where I swear mine isn't growing or it's getting shorter. I'm going through one now, so I've decided to put my hair away and try not to think about it.

You might consider your routine as well. Silicones do seem to make my fragile hair even more brittle, so I try to avoid them.

Thanks jivete for passing ... ya this what am facing ..sometimes i saw long part of hair getting breaking or i have to cut that because of spliting !!
ok so better to avoid silicon

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Try to avoid checking your length so often. Have someone take a picture of the back of your head for length once every 3 months or so and check the length that way. It probably is growing but you're checking too often to see any progress. That was my problem, anyway. I used to check my length, looking for growth, about 9 times a day. Guess what? I never saw any progress.

usualy am checking hair length everyday !! :o and i believe that it grow only 1/2 inch per month but am still doing this bad habit ..i'll try :(

feralnature
September 9th, 2009, 10:29 AM
whiterose I only check my hair length every 6 months. I only photograph my hair every 6 months also. Other than that, I try to forget about length and only think about preventing damage. I try to remember that the hair I have now will one day be the last foot of length I have when my hair is very, very long. So I want that hair to be healthy and strong. So I am careful with it and oil it with coconut oil. That way it will be strong for years to come. I use Suave shampoos and conditioners and only wash my hair once or twice a week, only when it is dirty. I do not brush my hair, only comb it with fingers or large tooth comb.

I have damage on my ends from old color from before I was a member here, so I will get it very slightly trimmed this year. It has not been trimmed in almost 2 years. If you trim your hair often, you will not gain in length.

The above info is what I do.:)

wh!terose
September 9th, 2009, 12:03 PM
whiterose I only check my hair length every 6 months. I only photograph my hair every 6 months also. Other than that, I try to forget about length and only think about preventing damage. I try to remember that the hair I have now will one day be the last foot of length I have when my hair is very, very long. So I want that hair to be healthy and strong. So I am careful with it and oil it with coconut oil. That way it will be strong for years to come. I use Suave shampoos and conditioners and only wash my hair once or twice a week, only when it is dirty. I do not brush my hair, only comb it with fingers or large tooth comb.

I have damage on my ends from old color from before I was a member here, so I will get it very slightly trimmed this year. It has not been trimmed in almost 2 years. If you trim your hair often, you will not gain in length.

The above info is what I do.:)

thanks alot ..very useful :)

Elenna
September 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM
hi Elenna .. i Heard that eggs are not good as sometime they contain microbes when its raw ..so puting that on hair !! I dont know ill try to search for that artical much appreciate :)

Some people do put eggs on their hair for cleaning or conditioning. BUT I meant to eat eggs as soft broiled, scrambled, omelette, coddled, etc. :-D You don't want to eat raw eggs that's not healthy.

wh!terose
September 10th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Some people do put eggs on their hair for cleaning or conditioning. BUT I meant to eat eggs as soft broiled, scrambled, omelette, coddled, etc. :-D You don't want to eat raw eggs that's not healthy.

hahah ya exactly cant eat it raw at all ..i'll try