PDA

View Full Version : Do I have the "braid" approval? LOL

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
To all of you who can braid,

I seek your approval and opinions on a french braid that I can finally do on my own hair, without someone else braiding it for me. :D haha. My female friends would usually offer to braid it for me, if I had have it secured. However, after a couple of months of reading some of the LHC members' tutorals and watching some of your YouTube videos. I think that I've finally got it right. I'm open for any suggestions as well, peace out! :)

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/pix50/f2ndfb3.jpg?t=1252454015

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/pix50/f2ndfb10.jpg?t=1252454042

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/pix50/f2ndfb8.jpg?t=1252454090

I took a lot of pics, just to check out different angles of this attempt! If you would like to view more here is the link http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/pix50/
and the password is: hair2009

Heavenly Locks
September 8th, 2009, 05:58 PM
It looks perfect. MUCH better than mine! :) :flower: Congrats!

getoffmyskittle
September 8th, 2009, 06:00 PM
It looks quite good! You have a lot of patience, to do all those tiny sections. I usually just do 4 or 5 and call it quits. :lol:

Gingevere
September 8th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Well, I'm not in much of a position to be judging other people's braids, but I'm gonna go ahead and give you a 10! I'm in the same boat as Heavenly Locks, lol.

RoseRedDead
September 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
That french braid is perfect. Way to go! Man I need more practice, lol.

lora410
September 8th, 2009, 06:08 PM
WOW, I wish I could braid this well.It looks amazingly perfect. I am so clumsy with my hands and my hair just tangles up when I try. I can manage a regular and fishtail and that is about it.

friskybiznus
September 8th, 2009, 06:08 PM
It's fantastic! Great job!

ericthegreat
September 8th, 2009, 06:10 PM
You definitely have my approval! That is one neat French braid bro!

AnneAdeline
September 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
It looks quite good! You have a lot of patience, to do all those tiny sections. I usually just do 4 or 5 and call it quits. :lol:
Same here! That looks amazing! I've been braiding my hair for years and I swear yours is still better.

KarpatiiSiv
September 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Great french braid - you've done really well.:thumbsup: I still struggle doing one on myself although I can do them for my DH and I'm still trying to teach him how to do it so he can braid mine - I think thats only fair.:lol:

Elphie
September 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
It's perfect! Your hard work has paid off!

frodolaughs
September 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
two thumbs up! It looks great.

apynip
September 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I like it! It's tons better than i could ever do.

little_acorn
September 8th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Wow - add me to the thud pile :thud: - thats one rocking french braid :D

tangocurl
September 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I wish I had that kind of braiding ability....LOL

smerrie
September 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM
It looks absolutely perfect!!! And practice will make it go faster, and easier! I learned how to french braid on myself, and I suck at doing it on other people. But I can just throw my hair in one now, without even thinking, in like 30 seconds. It won't look as perfect as yours though! Good job!

Tangles
September 8th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Wow, that's one really masculine looking braid. VERY cool.

rusika1
September 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Good job! Nice and neat, made with small sections of hair, excellent braiding skills.

utairis
September 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Awesome job!!!!!!!!

Cherry_Sprinkle
September 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM
That looks fantastic! :flower: I am with the poster who said they usually section off 4 or 5 areas and call it done ;)

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
It looks perfect. MUCH better than mine! :) :flower: Congrats!

Thanks Heavenly Locks!

Honestly getoffmyskittle, if my hair were thicker and fully, I would do much bigger sections, but where my hair is finer, it's better if I do small sections! :o

Well, I'm not in much of a position to be judging other people's braids, but I'm gonna go ahead and give you a 10! I'm in the same boat as Heavenly Locks, lol.

Thanks McKanna91! a 10?! I didn't think I pulled it off that great! Hey wait. . . 10 out of 10 or 10 out of 100? haha

That french braid is perfect. Way to go! Man I need more practice, lol.

RoseRedDead, thanks for the "perfect" comment, but I've only practised it for a month, though I do wish I could nail a mohawk braid!

It's fantastic! Great job!

Thanks you as well friskybiznus!

WOW, I wish I could braid this well.It looks amazingly perfect. I am so clumsy with my hands and my hair just tangles up when I try. I can manage a regular and fishtail and that is about it.

Lora410, I do normally keep a comb handy to get rid of the tangles, but I wish I could fishtail!

You definitely have my approval! That is one neat French braid bro!

Thanks ericthegreat!

Same here! That looks amazing! I've been braiding my hair for years and I swear yours is still better.

No way! lol I've only tried it for about 2 months! Thanks, much appreciated AnneAdeline!

Great french braid - you've done really well.:thumbsup: I still struggle doing one on myself although I can do them for my DH and I'm still trying to teach him how to do it so he can braid mine - I think thats only fair.:lol:

KarpatiiSiv, A while back my and ex-g/f and I would do that to each other, it was awesome, I always wanted to go last, because it felt like I was getting a head massage hehe! To bad you don't get that soothing relaxing feeling when you have to do one on your own!

It's perfect! Your hard work has paid off!

Thanks Elphie! Though your's (in the braid group), is still one of the best ones IMO.

two thumbs up! It looks great.

frodolaughs, thanks for those 2 thumbs! much appreciated!

I like it! It's tons better than i could ever do.

No way apynip, just practice a little, its really more about finger memory/coordination than brain power (if it took a lot of brains, I couldn't do it LOL).

Wow - add me to the thud pile :thud: - thats one rocking french braid :D

little_acron thanks much! I does rock when I practice on the guitar. . . man I need to spend more time braiding my guitar strings than my hair! haha

I wish I had that kind of braiding ability....LOL

tangocurl, I assure you it's no "ability" just focus, and finger work.

It looks absolutely perfect!!! And practice will make it go faster, and easier! I learned how to french braid on myself, and I suck at doing it on other people. But I can just throw my hair in one now, without even thinking, in like 30 seconds. It won't look as perfect as yours though! Good job!

30 seconds, thats fast smerrie! It takes me a lot longer, though I did not time myself. Thanks for another "perfect" comment! I never expect those! Though I'm sure you can do one better than mine! I'm just a guy! lol ya can't expect much from us!

I want to Thank You All for your comments!

melrose1985
September 8th, 2009, 07:26 PM
it looks great!!!!!

missfortune9335
September 8th, 2009, 07:26 PM
it looks awesome!! I can tell you've been practicing because it looks just perfect :)

Teazel
September 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Wow! That is so neat and tidy! I hereby award you a gold star in french braiding. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Scarla/emoticons/e8.gif :D

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, that's one really masculine looking braid. VERY cool.

Tangles, thanks for that comment, I never really can tell if they look better with smaller sections (my fine hair takes well to small crossovers) or bigger ones!

Good job! Nice and neat, made with small sections of hair, excellent braiding skills.

Thanks rusika1, I plan on tackling a Mohawk version, if I can re-program my fingers to do the opposite haha.

Awesome job!!!!!!!!

utairis, I appreciate it!

That looks fantastic! :flower: I am with the poster who said they usually section off 4 or 5 areas and call it done ;)

Cherry_Sprinkle, Thank you. I do agree, when hair is thick and full, 5 sections rock! It just makes the braid look more prominent and pronounced!

Zéphine
September 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I took a lot of pics, just to check out different angles of this attempt!
That's not an attempt, that's a BRAID! Great job. My French braids usually have so few sections that they loosen up and start looking like English braids by the end of the day.

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM
it looks great!!!!!

Thanks melrose!

it looks awesome!! I can tell you've been practicing because it looks just perfect :)

Hey missfortune9335, TBH, I only practised about 3 to 4 times a week(when I'm bored) for about 2 months! BTW your braids rock, especially your twin horizontal braids, and french tuck.

Wow! That is so neat and tidy! I hereby award you a gold star in french braiding. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Scarla/emoticons/e8.gif :D

Teazel, I am truly honored with a statement such as that, coming from a lady that puts my scrawny little braid to shame! Your braid pics are far more superior than mine! haha :luke: Thank you!

That's not an attempt, that's a BRAID! Great job. My French braids usually have so few sections that they loosen up and start looking like English braids by the end of the day.

Zephine, I appreciate your comment! I do sometimes subconsciously forgot to keep enough tension on each crossover section to keep it secure enough by the time I get down to the bottom! BTW your flat 4-strand braid is killer cool! How did you do that? I want to try something like that, but that would require too much practice LOL! How long exactly does your hair "Have" to be in order to get one braided in?

consarnit
September 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Wow, that's one really neat braid.

Lamb
September 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Approved! :agree: It looks very well done.

teela1978
September 8th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Wow. All those sections!!!! My arms would be aching after trying to do that (thus the reason for 4-5 sections :)) Beautiful braid.

Zombiekins
September 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Woah, that's a damn good lookin' braid! You make my attempts look like crap!! :D

Charlotte
September 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Wow! That's super neat and you've managed so many sections!! I still have to get my girls to help me with my braiding... :o

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Approved! :agree: It looks very well done.

I appreciate the kind words Lamb!

Wow. All those sections!!!! My arms would be aching after trying to do that (thus the reason for 4-5 sections :)) Beautiful braid.

Actually my arms never get sore teela1978! Also my hair isn't heavy at all. So that may make a difference!

Woah, that's a damn good lookin' braid! You make my attempts look like crap!! :D

Zombiekins, thanks for the comment, btw your hair is killer cool! If you can just get by your first few attempts (I guess the whole mental concept of it) then you focus more on the technique, then you look in the mirror and all of the sudden, you realized it just happend! lol

Wow! That's super neat and you've managed so many sections!! I still have to get my girls to help me with my braiding... :o

Charlotte, your words are always kinds, thank you so much. I usually take about half inch sections, pulling them back all the way across horizontally to the back of my head and then crossing them over.

sneakybea
September 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Really nice and even! Good job!

krn2891
September 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
It looks good to me. I always plan on doing small sections like you did but then I get into a rush and finish it up in about 6 or 7 sections.

Silver & Gold
September 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Well done!

Themyst
September 8th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Hey, that's really great! I don't even know how to French braid.

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Really nice and even! Good job!

Thanks for the comment sneakybea

It looks good to me. I always plan on doing small sections like you did but then I get into a rush and finish it up in about 6 or 7 sections.

I would like to use 5 or 6 sections if my hair had the right texture!

Well done!

Thanks Silver & Gold!

Hey, that's really great! I don't even know how to French braid.

Themyst, I appreciate that! I was baffled by it at first!

OK, I'm starting to get a little embarrassed, because I'm a guy that can braid, and some of you ladies are telling me that I can braid better than some of you. . . :confused: . . . "AM I NORMAL???" LOL :tongue:

aada
September 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
excellent job! i love french braids with lots of smaller sections.

Gumball
September 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM
That's awesomely well done! 100% approval from me. Good on ya for patience, too.

windinherhair
September 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I think it looks great!! Gosh, I think it is even better then mine. LOL! I can tell that you took smaller strands of hair and did more work with it. I taught myself how to french braid in high school and I remember how frustrating it was, and it took me a while.

camirra555
September 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Whoa! That's quite impressive! Mine look like crap, I'd be embarrassed to post a pic of them. I 've been trying to convince my bf to learn. Maybe this will give him some motivation.

Nyghtingale
September 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM
WoW, that is a mighty fine braid. Great job!!

Wanderer09
September 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
You have skills! It looks very neat.

adiapalic
September 8th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Good lord what a french braid! I with skitts with the patience! You get 5/5 stars :D

Redheaded Raven
September 8th, 2009, 11:02 PM
You definitely have a approval here, It looks quite good!:cheese:

Masara
September 8th, 2009, 11:14 PM
That's a great braid: The sections are very even and neat.
Congratulations.!

Now you're going to have to work on your Dutch braid, though it may ttake a little more hair.

Renbirde
September 8th, 2009, 11:28 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=49895&albumid=3262&dl=1252473597&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3262&pictureid=49895)

That's mine-- in all it's chunky, lumpy, and off-center glory. Yours is definitely better. I have no patience to do so many sections! And I never go back to fix mistakes...

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM
excellent job! i love french braids with lots of smaller sections.

Thanks aada, I've noticed it makes the braid appear very intricate.

That's awesomely well done! 100% approval from me. Good on ya for patience, too.

Thanks for the comment Gumball, I think your hair is very cool, and you've got some awesome braids as well!

I think it looks great!! Gosh, I think it is even better then mine. LOL! I can tell that you took smaller strands of hair and did more work with it. I taught myself how to french braid in high school and I remember how frustrating it was, and it took me a while.

windinherhair, at first it was frustrating, but then my fingers began to "learn" the motion and pattern, much like playing a guitar, you kinda stop thinking for a moment, and feel with your fingers.

Whoa! That's quite impressive! Mine look like crap, I'd be embarrassed to post a pic of them. I 've been trying to convince my bf to learn. Maybe this will give him some motivation.

hey camirra, that would mean a lot to me if some dude like me could be motivation for someone else lol! I barely can motivate myself at times! LOL, and thanks!

WoW, that is a mighty fine braid. Great job!!

Why thankya'vury much Nyghtingale! I appreciate it!

You have skills! It looks very neat.

Thanks Wanderer09! I guess you could say that patience has been one of my skills, or attributes rather.

Good lord what a french braid! I with skitts with the patience! You get 5/5 stars :D

adiapalic, thanks for the 5 stars.
I didn't realize that a "functional" secure way to wear my hair when I go walking in the woods, or mowing, could yield such positive feedback! I appreciate it!

You definitely have a approval here, It looks quite good!:cheese:
Thanks very much, Redheaded Raven!

That's a great braid: The sections are very even and neat.
Congratulations.!

Now you're going to have to work on your Dutch braid, though it may ttake a little more hair.

Masara, that was one thing I did have issues with, was keeping the braid even going down the back of my head. Sometimes I would start at the top, and end up behind my ear LOL!
BTW ALL of your braids are spectacular!
Also, I wish I could pull off the dutch / Mohawk braid as well!

yellowchariot
September 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=49895&albumid=3262&dl=1252473597&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3262&pictureid=49895)

That's mine-- in all it's chunky, lumpy, and off-center glory. Yours is definitely better. I have no patience to do so many sections! And I never go back to fix mistakes...

Renbirde, No way! I disagree :p. . . it's not really lumpy, its mostly FULL and THICK! Something that my braids are not! I think it looks great! Especially with your hair color and texture! Your plaits(crossovers) really bring out that effect! :thumbsup:

Noctifer
September 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM
That is a very nice braid, if only mine could become that good looking

Zéphine
September 9th, 2009, 12:22 AM
BTW your flat 4-strand braid is killer cool! How did you do that? I want to try something like that, but that would require too much practice LOL! How long exactly does your hair "Have" to be in order to get one braided in?
Thanks! I'm not really sure about the length thing because I didn't try it when my hair was shorter (above the waist), but I imagine your hair would be long enough for the "French" part at the least.
Flat 4-strand braids are a lot like regular braids except that each set of "bumps" takes two steps to make. Step A: Cross the inner right strand over the inner left strand. Step B: Cross the outer right strand under the (new) inner right strand and cross the outer left strand over the inner left strand. Repeat process until you run out of hair.
For a French version, start at the top of your head and add hair to the outer strands before crossing them inward in Step B. Hope that makes sense!

pepperminttea
September 9th, 2009, 02:35 AM
That is one incredibly tidy braid - puts my efforts to shame. :) Well done!

catysue
September 9th, 2009, 05:23 AM
It looks great! :) Wayyyyyy better than my french braid! haha

RavennaNight
September 9th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Wow what a neat, meticulous braid! Good job!:)

Jason
September 9th, 2009, 06:18 AM
That's very impressive! I'd definitely like to learn how to french braid but right now I have no clue.

mira-chan
September 9th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Perfect braid, the amount of sections is really impressive.

NiAosSi
September 9th, 2009, 06:36 AM
You put me to shame! Looks good!

Little_Bird
September 9th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I had noticed how much you like french braids :)

I can only say your sturned out AMAZING! So many crossovers and so sleek!

Well done!! :eyebrows:

maxzeen
September 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
really nice french braid!

Spike
September 9th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Nice job! Tight braid, small even sections. The Russian judge gives it a 9.0!

feralnature
September 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
HOT DANG! :applause

metalgypsy85
September 9th, 2009, 10:22 AM
My french braids never looked that pretty. I could never get them straight and smooth looking. Very nice!

NurseMama
September 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
That is a perfect french braid! Very neat!

Susana
September 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Yellowchariot!!

You TOTALLY have the braid!!!!:cheese:It's perfect. It's much better than mine!! All your braid bumps are the same size. You've seen mine in my album, there is like 5? uneven bumps. Congrats, this is a perfect braid by all standards :)

Madame J
September 9th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Wow. I'm impressed at how even and neat your French braid looks. And it makes your hair look so thick and healthy.

ZadenWillowfyre
September 9th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Thumbs up! Very neat and tidy and nice looking!!

redneckprincess
September 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
wow you did that, thats pretty good I wish I could braid my own hair that well

eadwine
September 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
PERFECT! You did great! :D

yellowchariot
September 9th, 2009, 02:09 PM
That is a very nice braid, if only mine could become that good looking

Hey Noctifer, it just takes a little practice, the key is avoid frustration at all costs!!

Thanks! I'm not really sure about the length thing because I didn't try it when my hair was shorter (above the waist), but I imagine your hair would be long enough for the "French" part at the least.
Flat 4-strand braids are a lot like regular braids except that each set of "bumps" takes two steps to make. Step A: Cross the inner right strand over the inner left strand. Step B: Cross the outer right strand under the (new) inner right strand and cross the outer left strand over the inner left strand. Repeat process until you run out of hair.
For a French version, start at the top of your head and add hair to the outer strands before crossing them inward in Step B. Hope that makes sense!

Zéphine, I appreciate those instructions, I'll try one after I've got the dutch pattern memorized with my fingers! lol

That is one incredibly tidy braid - puts my efforts to shame. :) Well done!

Thank you pepperminttea! What I found was, I was putting too much effort in, to begin with lol! I was getting confused.

It looks great! :) Wayyyyyy better than my french braid! haha

catysue, thanks for the comment!

Wow what a neat, meticulous braid! Good job!:)

RavennaNight, thanks for the description! TBH the only reason why it appears so meticulous is because of my fine textured hair. hehe

That's very impressive! I'd definitely like to learn how to french braid but right now I have no clue.

Hey Jason, I learned from here at LHC most of the members have awesome tutorials and youtube channels, soon I will give credit, where credit is due by listing the names of the people that I learned from. I was actually over complicating the matter, If you can do a regular braid, then the french part isn't really too bad. You just have to let your fingers do the work, imo.

Perfect braid, the amount of sections is really impressive.

Thank you mira-chan! I appreciate your input, especially saying that it's perfect, and you've got some awesome hair! So thanks a lot!

You put me to shame! Looks good!

NiAosSi, thank you, but I didn't mean to shame anyone ;)!

I had noticed how much you like french braids :)

I can only say your sturned out AMAZING! So many crossovers and so sleek!

Well done!! :eyebrows:

Hey Little_Bird, I actually do, until I find a more secure way to wear my hair for outdoors, I guess for me, this is the way to go. I would have never discovered this style had my ex-g/f not wanted me to braid her hair every night for a month to experiment on her hair growth. She did in-fact gain almost 1" (though she was taking hair and nail vitamins as well). I never really thought about it being a functional style for myself, until her, and then later on other female friends braided my hair. haha

really nice french braid!

Thanks maxzeen! I appreciate your input!

Nice job! Tight braid, small even sections. The Russian judge gives it a 9.0!

Spike! thank you from Virginia, USA all the way to Russia!

HOT DANG! :applause

^ LOL thanks feralnature!

My french braids never looked that pretty. I could never get them straight and smooth looking. Very nice!

metalgypsy85, alright now I don't do pretty when it comes to hair! haha J/K, I know what you mean though
At first, I found it a bit awkward when my hair was beginning, to get long, and females would compliment me by saying my hair was pretty, or beautiful. However now, I don't mind it. Thank You!

That is a perfect french braid! Very neat!

Thanks NurseMama, I appreciate your response!

Hey Yellowchariot!!

You TOTALLY have the braid!!!!:cheese:It's perfect. It's much better than mine!! All your braid bumps are the same size. You've seen mine in my album, there is like 5? uneven bumps. Congrats, this is a perfect braid by all standards :)

Thanks Susana,but your hair is thicker and fuller than mine! which I would prefer to have! Because the Dutch/Mohawk braid looks absolutely killer, on thick hair, it makes the "mohawk" setting on top of the head very distinct and prominent

Wow. I'm impressed at how even and neat your French braid looks. And it makes your hair look so thick and healthy.

Thanks Madame J, I needed that comment for the thickness! lol! When I took it out this morning, I had some massive kinky waves and curls, which gave my hair more fullness!

Thumbs up! Very neat and tidy and nice looking!!

ZadenWillowfyre, thanks for your response, I slept in it last night, and to my surprise, It looked almost the same, except for some hairs that was sticking out on the sides LOL

wow you did that, thats pretty good I wish I could braid my own hair that well

Hey redneckprincess, Yup, I did that. It was my 2nd "successful" attempt, so I took a lot of pics for proof! haha
btw checkout some youtube vids! thats how I learned!

david
September 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Well done dude...that looks great, you've def got my braid approval. Once you get the hang of them french braids are great, especially on windy days. :)

Aquamarine
September 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Wow, that's amazing! It's just perfect(: Great job:blossom:

yellowchariot
September 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Well done dude...that looks great, you've def got my braid approval. Once you get the hang of them french braids are great, especially on windy days. :)

david, thanks a lot! You've got some rock'n braids yourself! Very smooth and cool!

Wow, that's amazing! It's just perfect(: Great job:blossom:

Thanks Aquamarine! I appreciate your complement!

Naters
September 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM
that looks great! Gosh im soo not good at braiding my own hair.

neon-dream
September 9th, 2009, 05:33 PM
That is pretty amazing. Mine aren't half that good! Specially french braids. Dutch braids are much easier for me!

JamieLeigh
September 10th, 2009, 08:27 AM
It looks awesome! :D You have mastered the French braid.

yellowchariot
September 10th, 2009, 02:22 PM
that looks great! Gosh im soo not good at braiding my own hair.

Thank you very much Naters! It just takes a little practice and patience!

That is pretty amazing. Mine aren't half that good! Specially french braids. Dutch braids are much easier for me!

neon-dream, I'd like to be able to dutch braid as good as my fingers can maneuver with the french method! Did you learn the dutch version first?

It looks awesome! :D You have mastered the French braid.

Thanks JamieLeigh! I appreciate another "mastered" comment! :thumbsup:

penny1971
September 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Looks great! Did you have tired arms after that?!

young&reckless
September 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM
You lightyears ahead of my skills. Good Job!

yellowchariot
September 10th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Looks great! Did you have tired arms after that?!

hey penny1971, actually I didn't at all. I'm used to lifting upward all of the time. My hair is also fine textured and light, so It wasn't hard to deal with.

You lightyears ahead of my skills. Good Job!

Thank you young&reckless! I'm sure you could do a really great one with a little practice!

FallenAngel
September 10th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Looks good! Thumbs up.

Aunteater
September 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM
You are a braid wizard! I am gonna have to practice some more...

yellowchariot
September 10th, 2009, 03:40 PM
You are a braid wizard! I am gonna have to practice some more...

Are you serious?! Your dutch mohawk braid totally destroys mine french/mohawk attempts! Your hair is way full and thicker than mine! :o

BTW thanks the the wizard comment :magic: :D

Sherri
September 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
You get an A+ plus from this gal. Nice job;)

yellowchariot
September 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
You get an A+ plus from this gal. Nice job;)

Thank you Sherri! Your braids are spectacular! So I am honored by your compliment and the A+ :D! God Bless!

Fencai
September 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Very Very Very Nice!!!
You totally have my approval! Great job!

Speckla
September 10th, 2009, 04:23 PM
That looks great.

yellowchariot
September 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Looks good! Thumbs up.

Very Very Very Nice!!!
You totally have my approval! Great job!

That looks great.

^ I thank you all for your nice compliments! I really appreciate them a lot! :)

BTW I wanted to give credit to those who helped me achieve my functional styles! I've listed them here at this link! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33114

:rockerdud

Xandergrammy
September 12th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I've been braiding longer than you've been alive, and my braids still don't look that perfect. :gabigrin: Good job! :thumbsup:

yellowchariot
September 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I've been braiding longer than you've been alive, and my braids still don't look that perfect. :gabigrin: Good job! :thumbsup:

^Wow Xandergrammy, I am truly honored by your compliment, but unfortunately, I can not accept it. ;) Not after seeing this. . .

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2791&pictureid=37818

Your thickness, and wide plaits, trump mine! :o Now that is a braid! BTW you are most kind! :thumbsup:

gmdiaz
September 13th, 2009, 08:21 AM
This braiding style looks so beautiful on both men and women and on all hair types. I love it!

On you, the braids look look masuline and absolutely perfect. You're going to create hair envy wherever you go!

Awesome!

drbrownphd
September 13th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Much better than what I can do, and I can only do it on my SO, not myself...

MandaMom2Three
September 13th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Great! Now come and do mine LOL

FrozenPrincess
September 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Thats rather impressive, wish i could do that.

yellowchariot
September 13th, 2009, 01:21 PM
This braiding style looks so beautiful on both men and women and on all hair types. I love it!

On you, the braids look look masuline and absolutely perfect. You're going to create hair envy wherever you go!

Awesome!

^ I appreciate that gmdiaz!

Much better than what I can do, and I can only do it on my SO, not myself...

drbrownphd, it is tricky to adjust from doing the hair on someone else, as opposed to your own head!

Great! Now come and do mine LOL

LOL MandaMom2Three! The last time I french braided my ex-g/f's has been over a couple of years now. I've adjusted to doing them on myself, so I would probably have to re-think the technique once I get used to doing it a certain way! ;)

Thats rather impressive, wish i could do that.

FrozenPrincess, the key is zero frustration, and 60% motivation and 40% patience! If you can just do the braid down your head without evening caring what the end result will look like. Then you will eventually get the hang of it.

My Advice to anyone is: Don't stop your braid just because you forgot a step or 2, keep going on. Just finish the technique every time, that's when you accidentally (in my case) do a good one! :thumbsup:

Also keep watching and reading those tutorials of the members here who I gave credit to! They are truly awesome! :)