PDA

View Full Version : I Guess it's Time...

friskybiznus
September 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM
As hard as it's gonna be, I think it's time I get a good trim. Didn't realized it until I took some pics of my hair today.
I'm thinking it'll need to be taken up to BSL to straighten it out...Bummer....:(

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=633073&l=a0b0756844&id=1077446966

little_acorn
September 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM
{{hugs}} are you sure you need such a big cut?

Speckla
September 8th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Your ends look pretty good to me. Why not just take an inch or so off the bottom every so often to help even it out instead of cutting all at once?

Heavenly Locks
September 8th, 2009, 05:44 PM
is your goal a blunt hemline? You could trim less and go for a more rounded U shape...

friskybiznus
September 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Oh, yay, so you guys don't think I need to go so drastic after all? I know if I go to a salon, that's what they will "recommend", you know?
If I can get away with less, then that is definietely my preference!:joy:
thanks for the feedback!!

spidermom
September 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I'd go for a U-shape, too, and have no more than 1-1/2 inch taken off the very longest part. Or even 1 inch.

goodenough
September 8th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I think U shape is very pretty.

KarpatiiSiv
September 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't take off more than 1.5 inches from the longest sections and go for a U-shape.

friskybiznus
September 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks, everyone!! I feel much better. The "U" shape is a good idea and I think I know someone I can trust to do this for me!

getoffmyskittle
September 8th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Just so you know, since you linked to your Facebook, we can all see your first and last name and this is a public board (so anyone on the internet who comes here can see it too). Your privacy settings also seem VERY lax; I can see all the pictures in that album.

If you want to post a photo that's hosted on Facebook, you can right click on the picture itself and select "Copy image URL" and paste that here, and it will only show us the image, not the whole page. You can also open up an account with a photo hosting service - I use and like Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com).

And yes, I agree that you'd have to go to BSL to get an entirely straight hemline, but I think U-shaped hemlines are quite flattering too and you'd lose a lot less length.

Hope this helps. :flowers:

tangocurl
September 8th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I thought the comment about locks of love was kinda...funny...

I think your ends actually look pretty good. If you're confident in your own trimming ability, you might just want to take off 1/8" of the tip of your braid, do a deep treatment, and then see how you feel.

I did that recently and it saved me from placing myself in the hands of a stylist who might want to take too much!

PhillyGirl1978@
September 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I saw the pic too...I do think some sort or trim would be best, but maybe just a small one. I also noticed the comment someone left about chopping it off to give to locks of love. Man...I hate when people assume that's what my goal is!

friskybiznus
September 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I couldn't get the pic itself to post - just the box with the little red "x" in it came up, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
The person who made the locks of love comment just got a haircut she hates...so there you go.
I want my hair to be long, long and I want it to be healthy and pretty, too. So I know a good trim will do a lot for it. Luckily it grows fast.
Oh well, two steps forward, one step back. It'll get there!

ZadenWillowfyre
September 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
The ends do look very healthy over all so I agree and say a U shape or just small trims every so often until you get the desired hemline will work. It's what I'm doing with mine. Lurvly shiny hairs btw!!

feralnature
September 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Yes, a small trim only. I personally much prefer a U shape or a V shape hemline. I just don't think a blunt cut hemline looks natural, too contrived. That's just me. Keep it like it is, just barely trim. Looks good!

maxzeen
September 9th, 2009, 02:35 PM
your ends look pretty good. just take an inch or two off.

friskybiznus
September 9th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks again for everyone's input! I have an appointment for Friday to have it trimmed. Think I will go for the "U" shape - it seems like that's what my hair is sort of naturally trying to do.
Wish me luck!

teela1978
September 9th, 2009, 02:38 PM
If you're brave, you could try trimming it yourself (http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/). A U or V shape is pretty easy to do on your own. I agree with everyone else, an inch or two should be more than enough of a trim.

JamieLeigh
September 10th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I replied over on Facebook, lol, but I'll say it again here. Don't do a major chop. Just try taking off 1/4", and then see how it looks. I'm thinking it'll give you a pretty "U" hemline, and the ends will feel so nice after a tiny trim. It's amazing what the tiniest trims can do!

Little_Bird
September 10th, 2009, 09:54 AM
You know, I think you shouldn't do such a dramatic cut. If you still want to grow longer and also want a stranght hemline, you can do it in 3 or 4 times, and take 2 inches every 6 months or so...

It's up to you in the end, but I think it would be a shame to cut so much... your hair is looking gorgeous :flower: I even like the shape of the ends :)

Reptilia
September 10th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I trimmed off about 1.5 inches last night, and I hardly even notice a different in length! My hair looks so much better now. Take off a TEENY little bit and see how it feels!

friskybiznus
September 11th, 2009, 07:05 PM
OK, I did it! I had my hair trimmed today and it feels much better! She only took off about an inch, so I hardly notice it on the length.

And? I'm a blowdryer addict, but she left my hair wet, so it had to dry naturally. I totally forgot how many waves I have. It felt really soft and pretty. Unfortunately, hubby took the camera with him out of town, so no pic. :p

So, I think for my second step (the first was the trim), I will forego the blowdryer and see what happens....
Wow, for me, that is huge!!