PDA

View Full Version : New (?) style for BSL length!

CurlyNinja
April 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
So I was messing with my hair today trying to do an infinity bun and I think I figured out a "new" style (is it new?) that would work well for BSL hair!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=9233

Basically, I just twisted my hair as if I were doing a cinnabun off to the side on my head, and then, holding the ends tightly in one hand, took the first loop I had just made and turned it over, pressing it down across the head horizontally. The ends that stick out I pinned down with a bobby pin. It looks kind of like a "half-infinity" bun.

Is this new? If so, yay! :cheese:

If not, woot! Still a great bun!:cheese:

mommy2one05
April 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I really like how that looks. Don't know if it would work since my hair is waist length though. Thumbs up to ya!!!

jojo
April 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
that looks pretty good and great instructions too. Thanks for sharing unfortunatelly another 2 inches until i can try it but its one for the future. x

Patrycja
April 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I will remember this when I finally get there.Thanks for sharing!

its beautiful btw :)

CurlyNinja
April 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I should probably add that it's worth an attempt at all lengths, varying the "horizontal length" of the loop and with different thicknesses will probably be possible anywhere between APL and waist.

Lixie
April 17th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Oh, that's really cute. Beyond my capabilites though. :lol: I love that hairstick too.

Isilme
April 17th, 2008, 04:07 PM
that's the way I have always done an infinity or a figure eight. I didn't know there were other ways :lol: but it looks like an infinity, so congrats!

Moezland
April 17th, 2008, 04:43 PM
That's really cute!!! I'm also drooling over that hairstick!!:eyebrows:

CurlyNinja
April 17th, 2008, 05:27 PM
That's really cute!!! I'm also drooling over that hairstick!!:eyebrows:

Hehe, thanks!!! I love them so much! It's a custom Nightshade design. :D

rhosyn_du
April 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Oh! I've been doing the same thing the past couple weeks, except vertically, so it's more of a half-figure-8. I can just barely manage it with my past-shoulder-but-not-yet-APL hair, and only then on days when I don't have much slip.

Moezland
April 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hehe, thanks!!! I love them so much! It's a custom Nightshade design. :D

:shocked: That's one of Nightshade's hairsticks :confused:- How in the world did I miss that??? Off to spy her hairsticks - like now :run:!!!