PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Eqyss products?

CowgirlKate
September 8th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I am currently using their Survivor detangler and it is amazing. Less than a dime sized amount works for my TB length hair. I also have their Avocado Mist which is a weight less detangler/conditioner. That work pretty well for conditioning too.

kurlywurlygurl
December 28th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Gosh seems like this is quite a late reply, but you seem to be one of the few that can help me with this. I want to try the Eqyss products because its the only stuff (well horse stuff that i can use) that is silicone free. :steamI wanted to try cowboy magic or showsheen 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner. The cowboy magic had tons and tons of silicones, and this is the ingredients for showsheen: Ingredients:
Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium-39, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance and Disodium EDTA.
Do you still reccomend the Eqyss products- if you still use them? :confused:

Kaelee
December 29th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I don't think I've seen CowgirlKate around here before....she might not be around the forums to answer your question unfortunately. :(

It is kind of expensive (I guess it's not for the amount that you get, but if you don't know if you'll like it/use it, it is.) Do you have a friend with horses that you can get some from? (or who will use the rest if you don't like it?)

Also, what's your hair type? It might give you a better indication than any if your hair will like products intended for horses, since horses have much courser hair than some of us humans. (I am not sure but I think horse conditioner would probably weigh my hair down, but I'm a finey.)

Other than that, there's only one way to know, really. Go for it!

metricfuture
December 29th, 2012, 04:54 AM
There was a pretty huge thread awhile back that started out discussing one of their products (Mega-Tek), but more of their line got brought up: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15952&highlight=mega-tek
Several folks seemed to have good things to say about them, IIRC, but it'll take some time to read the whole thing.

kurlywurlygurl
January 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks Kaelee and metricfuture for taking the time to answer and let me know. I really appreciate it. Well Kaelee, I hope my signature picture might help (finally figured out how to do that). I guess your right, I actually ordered the survivor detangler and the cream rinse- just gonna have to see how it all goes. I currently use Mane and Tail conditioner, but I also have Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots, and some V05 Tea Therapy in my arsenal. :o
And metricfuture, I did check that thread out thanks for the link. I realized that my Mane and Tail is a cheaper version of megatek (well for me anyway).
I was actually experimenting with "No Poo" and Water Only, but my hair just gets too dry from it. I recently tried sebum only but I have one difficult spot on the back of my head that just dreads it self if I don't use conditioner. I think it might be because I have hard water I'm not really sure. I like to do ACV rinses and I have some catnip (haven't tried it though). Also should I try to grow my hair out to one length? I'm afraid my curls fall flat and become almost frizzy straight (that's what happened when my hair was at tailbone with no layers in 2007). What do you girls think? Should I try no poo with the occasional co-wash, or just do co-washing? Sorry I've got a lot of questions. :rolleyes: