PDA

View Full Version : What do I do next?

whiteisle
September 8th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I don't know why I've done what I have but now I don't know what my next step should be. Here's what's happened over the last few days:

Got it in my brain that I wanted to go "more natural" again and get away from cones and conventional products so Saturday I washed my hair in VO5 clarifying and then 3 times with my aloe PLH bar followed by a acv rinse.

Last night I figured that I hadn't done any kind of heavy treatment in a while so I slathered my hair with aloe and coconut oil and for "fun" put in a dab of castor oil. Slept happily.

This morning hubby's in a hurry to get out the door so I'm left with not much time to get a shower and get the oil out of my hair. I wash with my aloe bar 3 times and realize I don't have my acv so I grab the closest thing, Suave Aloe condish. BIG mistake I find out. As my hair is drying it is frizzing beyond beleif and is tangley and velcro-like. I can't stand it so I grab my Aussie moist poo and condish and do a round with it. Then, because the thought of the frizz attacking again haunts me I whip out the hairdryer and very lightly dry my hair. Now it still feels pretty bad and yucky and I don't know where to go from here.

My goal is to get all the junk off my hair and start over. I've got to go to town this morning but am wanting to fix this when I get back home. I think I'd like to stick with the poo bars (even looking into buying some cv ones :)) but don't know if washing again so soon would be bad ~ but I can't stand my head right now. Ugh! Help!

*I promise I won't do another silly thing like this again!*:o

LutraLutra
September 8th, 2009, 07:00 AM
If I were you I'd just clarify again - once! - and then let your hair settle down (using a routine you know works ok for you) for a few days before trying poo bars again.

You're not the only one who get's caugh out trying new things. I've been daft enough to try CO washing for the first time the morning of a big meeting at work - hello greasy hair. Then there the whole heap of hairy mess I got into with a very dilute AVC rinse (ouch, burning scalp) and then a coconut milk soak (yuck, protein distaster lasting a few days). :brickwall

Bunnyhare
September 8th, 2009, 07:07 AM
i have had bad expereince with poo bars and acv, they both do wierd things to my hair too...i decided that natural isn't better if i want to rip my hair off my head! so i went to shampooing and condish but no cones and it is much happier..i have wavy hair though, but the acv and poo bars were a mess for me too. I say wash it all out , do a condish that worked for you in the past and then stick to a routine that makes your hair and you happy!! I know it seems better to go"natural" i struggle with that too but....not worth that misery!!

Lilli
September 8th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Poo bars, even once I have used them for weeks, make my hair tangly and sticky and yucky. There are plenty of natural liquid shampoos and conditioners that work great and won't hurt your hair. All the Giovanni S&C are great, for example, have no cones or SLS, lots of plant extracts and oils and make my hair shiny and beautiful.

pilateschick7
September 8th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Do you use Castor Oil on your hair regularly?
Do PLH bars also contain castor oil?

My hair behaves like that when Castor Oil is involved. It is just a horrendous mess. The strands Frizzed but stuck to each other- sort of gummy. I was unable to use CV shampoo bars because of the Castor Oil content. However, other poo bars have proven a successful option for me. I also did not have a nasty adjustment period with other bars.

ACV really tightens my curl pattern. This does not case a disaster for me.
Camilla Oil really helps with my frizzy issues right now.

HTH