PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow Growth

JasmineDaisy
April 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Does anybody know what products work for eyebrow growth? I have over plucked eyebrows and I am looking to make them fuller again. They are so thin and it looks horrible. Does anybody have this problem as well and if so, has anything worked for you?

Ohio Sky
April 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
*sigh*... eyeshadow for filling them in.

Mine are just naturally sparse and I always fill them in.

Xanthippe
April 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Someone on the old site was trying nettle I think? I would do a search in the archives. I'm not sure if the experiment worked or not.

jojo
April 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM
could try monistat, might work? also ive heard castor oil works but again might be an old wives tale!

Islandgrrl
April 17th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Just leaving them alone for a really long time worked for me. That and subtle eyebrow pencil until the naked spots filled in.

Lamb
April 17th, 2008, 02:08 PM
First of all, for how long have you been plucking your eyebrows? Weeks? Years? Eyebrows tend to not grow back when they have been plucked for a long period of time.
That said, for me brushing my eyebrows *gently* with a soft toothbrush helps. Dunno why, perhaps it is the same as with scalp massage: it improves circulation in the skin.

mommy101405
April 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Probably just fill them in with some brow shadow and wait. If you find something let me know b/c I need to do the OPPOSITE. I have the biggest bushiest unibrow ever on a woman.

RoseRedDead
April 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Castor oil: Apply with a q-tip to your eyebrows nightly.

I have castor oil in my OCM mixture and my eyebrows have (at least) darkened and the stray hairs I pluck have come back quicker. Also good for eyelashes.

To Xanthippe: Basketcase was doing an experiment for her eyelashes with nettle. Don't remember how it turned out.

Anje
April 17th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I fill in the gaps in mine (trichotillomania -- I tend to yank them out when I'm stressed) with a dark eyeliner pencil. Go for something near the natural color so it's not too obvious. A little matching mascara over the top helps fill things in, too, by emphasizing the ends to make it look thicker than it is.

If anyone has tricks to get them to grow faster, though, I'd love to hear. I'm still waiting for a chunk to come back after a test 2 weeks ago.

Celebrian
April 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Yep, I'm still trying to pass the 'caterpillar' look. I had hopes for OCM helping there, and then Emu oil... but although they are making a comeback - it's so slow. And then, when they do start to fill in they do it by still leaving an adjacent gap! :rolleyes:

Also, my eyebrows are high set over my eyes - which doesn't help, believe me!

I vascillate between using an eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder. Haven't yet decided which I prefer...

Xanthippe
April 17th, 2008, 05:58 PM
To Xanthippe: Basketcase was doing an experiment for her eyelashes with nettle. Don't remember how it turned out.

Oh that was it! I knew it was something like that. Sorry, I don't have any other advice except patience.

camillacamilla
April 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
could try monistat, might work? also ive heard castor oil works but again might be an old wives tale!

Yep, it worked for me, on accident. But I have thick, difficult to tame brows anyways. An accidental Monistat application only made it worse. :mad:

terriej
April 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm not in any way suggesting that this is a good idea, but I have read that when you use something like rogaine or other baldness stuff like it, you're not supposed to get it on your forehead hair because it will make it grow. It doesn't seem like something you'd want to get near your eye though.

ETA: Come to think of it, sorry I could not be more helpful.

Elenna
April 17th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I had very thin eyebrows and eyelashes due to illness. Years later, it was such a relief to grow these back. I started taking hair vitamins: MSM, Biotin and Silicon, etc.

Tap Dancer
April 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I use Brow Boost (http://www.billiondollarbrows.com/) and I love it. I don't know if you've ever seen my old photos but I had really thin, overplucked brows. I plucked them like crazy for over 7 years and then I started using Brow Boost every night. After about 1½ months, I had really nice eyebrows again. :)

1nuitblanche
April 22nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Waiting and just notplucking for awhile will help--sometimes it takes months for eyebrow hairs to come back. In the meantime, an eyebrow pencil (or eyeliner) or eyeshadow that's close to the colour of your eyebrows can fill out your eyebrows.

Igor
April 22nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
Another vote for silica. They help for all hair growth but will take some weeks to kick in :) I swear by my silica!

heidihug
April 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
First of all, for how long have you been plucking your eyebrows? Weeks? Years? Eyebrows tend to not grow back when they have been plucked for a long period of time.

I wish that was true for me! I've been plucking since I was a teen, and I have to go at them every day or two - ugh. I like the shape when I get them thoroughly plucked, but their normal shape is one thick dark brown line above each eye.
I wish my hair grew as quickly as my eyebrows. (I've told my husband that the first thing I would do if we won the lottery is let my eyebrows and body hair grow the requisite length, then get electrolosis! It would save me hours every month! :p )

wintersun99
April 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM

sxyuptownmami
April 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yep, it worked for me, on accident. But I have thick, difficult to tame brows anyways. An accidental Monistat application only made it worse. :mad:

I'm using monistat ,, which I may ad is working great:)

cupcakeblonde
April 22nd, 2008, 04:41 PM
the day before my brothers wedding, i waxed mine and took a huge chunk, not a good look!
I used eyebrow pencil for ages until they grew, how embarassing! LOL
I can laugh now, but at the time, I could of died!

flapjack
April 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I overplucked mine to death in high school, but I only did it once. Once is all it takes, sometimes, hahaha. And it took about 2 years of almost no plucking except for strays to get them all back. I had to sit through a lot of awkward stages.

Now they're really nice, I think... in the past year or so, I think I've gotten it figured out with minimal plucking/shaping and a bit of pencil over the blonde hairs I have mixed in with the brown. My pencil requirements are decreasing though, I have have using castor oil on them a few nights a week for 7-8 months now and I have noticed that they feel thicker, smoother, they lay down on the skin better, making them easy to brush into place... and they have gotten a little darker. That could also be genetics at work because I'm 22 but when I was about 19, my hair started getting a bit darker so that I'm no longer really a blonde. (although it could be the castor oil, too? my arm hair and such is still white-blonde... so it's hard to say)

sibylla
April 23rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
I´m using Mavalas eyelash and eyebrow nurishment. I put it at night before I go to bed. I´ve used it for 2 weeks and have already found improvements. It can be because you use a brush to apply it....