PDA

View Full Version : The PurpleBubba Tail / Sleep Tail went public

purplebubba
September 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Not only as a public style but also a job interview style.

After years of wearing a single banded ponytail in public and wearing the PurpleBubba tail only at home I recently got up the nerve to start wearing it anywhere. I have decided that whoever hires me is going to after seeing me wearing my purple polo shirt with 2 matching ponytail bands and my black pants.
I've now been to interviews at Kmart, KFC, and McDonalds. And have been to 3 different malls going in and out of places asking if they are hiring or filling out apps. As well as several other places.

This may not be a big deal to some but for me its a major breaking out of a shell thing.

If anyone is wondering here is a post I do about it.

My sleep and daytime style is what has become known as a PurpleBubba tail or Sleep tail or some variation of.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/purplebubba/PB1/SleepTail.jpg

During the day the top band is in a normal ponytail spot near my head. I slide it down at night so I don't have the lump under my head or neck.
Its not a perfect style and it won't prevent tangles. But I have less than I would without it. How many bands or where you put them is up to you. Same with what kind you use.

I have also started wearing this to job interviews and in public rather than a one banded tail.

little_acorn
September 7th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Way to go Purplebubba! It can be really hard to change after so long, so massive congrats to you! I hope you enjoyed wearing your tail out and that it got you a job?

Oh and I really like your sleep tail :D

Here's a victory cheese dance for you:

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Darian Moone
September 7th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Congrats for stepping out of your comfort zone PurpleBubba! :joy:

It's fun to discover that there is an official name for how I wear my hair for sleep. I wear "The PurpleBubba Tail"! :D Yep. It's now official!

Charlotte
September 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Good on you PurpleBubba, :)

I really like this look - it's super neat and tidy too. There are a few people both male and female around where I live who sport the PurpleBubba Tail. As your hair grows longer, you just keep adding another purple band! :D

There's an older lady I have seen about who's hair is seriously long and she has coloured scrunchies all the way down the length almost to her knees!

Way to go PurpleBubba. :cheese:

purplebubba
September 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I first started wearing this the night I did my first Feye's self trim in March 2004.
The sliding the bands down for the trim is what gave me the idea. I needed something faster than a braid since I still have not practised them enough.
I'm sure the style was around before then. It just kinda became known as the PB tail or sleep tail around here because I was posting it so much in my journal and in sleep style threads.

angelthadiva
September 7th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Good for you PB :thumbsup: I hope your job search is successful!

nowxisxforever
September 7th, 2009, 10:42 PM
There is a guy I work with where when his hair is longer he will wear it like this, I always called it a "segmented ponytail" but the purplebubba tail has more spunk :)

LutraLutra
September 8th, 2009, 02:09 AM
That's a good, neat hairstyle for long haired guy. Good luck with the job hunting. :)

marzipanthecat
September 8th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Good luck with your job interviews!

I like the pony style - I used to do this one at school, it was pretty popular as a style then. I'd actually forgotten all about it - I'm going to have a go at doing it today. Although I did always find it hard to get the bands evenly spaced!

Elphie
September 8th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Good for you, Purplebubba; much luck on the job hunting as well.

I wear a Purplebubba tail when I want my hair to dry straighter. It really does a pretty good job of it.

Chrissy
September 8th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Hi PB! Nice to see you. Looks great. Also good luck on the job search.

linda g
September 8th, 2009, 04:59 AM
I like it! My hair is just starting to get long enough, I know I will soon need some clues on what to do with my hair at night.

Good luck on the job search. :)

AprilElf
September 8th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Hey PurpleBubba - that's great! I can understand the breaking out of a shell thing. :)

Your Sleep Tail is one of my regular sleep styles now. My hair is easiest to manage in the morning after being all banded up (I think I use about 6 bands). ;)

JamieLeigh
September 8th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Well done, you! :cheese: I'm glad you are coming out of your shell a bit. The world needs more people like you, and there's nothing wrong with showing off that awesome hair of yours. :flower: Good luck with the job hunt!!

Beatnik Guy
September 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Although I did always find it hard to get the bands evenly spaced!
I decided that didn't really matter (as long as the spacing isn't weirdly uneven).

Good luck with the job search, Bubba.

feralnature
September 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I like your style, dude and so glad you are outing yourself. It's nice to finally be your genuine "hair self" when in public and not feel like you can only be yourself at home. When you can be true to both selves, you find grace. Now when you find a job, you will be more pleased.

purplebubba
October 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Bumping up to update that I wore my purple shirt with 2 purple bands on my tail and got a job. I now make the floors shine at a grocery store and didn't have to cut my hair.
So now this has gone from public to interview to work attire.

pradabacon
October 8th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Congrats, purplebubba! :cheese: Obviously, this is a good luck style! I think I'll try it myself later today. :D

halo_tightens
October 8th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Public to interview to work... sounds pretty versatile to me! :)

little_acorn
October 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Way to go PB :D

congrats on the job :cheese:

embee
October 8th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Well done, PB! :) I'm glad you got the job, it's one that needs doing and will be a busy job. That's good!

LisaB234
October 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I like your style, PB - very neat and tidy! Congrats on the job, too - I hope you enjoy the opportunity - good job on the interview!

Kris Dove
October 12th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Nice! It reminds me of Princess Jasmine's cartoon hair in Disney's Aladdin- http://disney-clipart.com/Aladdin/jasmine/Princess-Jasmine2.php

GoldLady
October 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM
PB! Your hair has gotten so long!! Congrats on the job; I'm extremely glad you didn't have to cut your hair. You've worked too long on growing it out.

Way to go!

elianne
October 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Bumping up to update that I wore my purple shirt with 2 purple bands on my tail and got a job. I now make the floors shine at a grocery store and didn't have to cut my hair.

Congrats PB!!!!! :) :) :)

I know how hard it is to break out of your comfort zone, so yay for you! And congrats on your job; I'm job hunting too so I know how hard it is! Hooray!

jojo
October 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
thats great news purplebubba and I love the new sleep tail, it must have brought you good luck, hope the new job goes well and its great seeing you on the board! x