PDA

View Full Version : Countess de Jaeger, you're a hit on Flickr!

Elyce
April 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Countess, my dear, you are a hit, they are raving about your beautiful hair over there!

Evidently someone snapped a candid back-view of your tresses. You and your gorgeous mane were looking lovely that day, I must agree!
In fact, they are clamoring for more pics of you over there, but alas, the photographer, though seemingly willing, could not supply any more as she does not know who you are!

Check it out here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/morningstar1369/1833873158/in/pool-verylonghair), and be sure to read the comments below the photo. Well, the nice ones, anyway :)

Dang, I knew I should have gotten your autograph when we were at the Rose Garden, there'll be no living with you now, girl!

Miss Murphy
April 17th, 2008, 11:51 AM
But her hair is lovely! :)

Quote from the comments:
Hallo, ich bin der Administrator der Gruppe E***ic Fashion Friends Outdoor, und wir freuen uns, Ihr Foto unserer Gruppe hinzuzufügen.

Oh my :surprise:

icydove
April 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Words cannot express how much that creeps me out. :bigeyes:

Elyce, how did you find this?

CountessDeJager
April 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for PMing me dear Elyce, this is an interesting thread! :flowers: I'm reforming my secluded habits but haven't reformed about foraying regularly into the mane board yet. :o This is so neat to be sick at home here today and get a surprise picture of me with my mom which is kind of like getting a get well hug from her. :inlove: The other great part is that I am getting to tour my beloved Maryland Renaissance Festival through their photos so I am happy all around.

The other neat thing is that I am wowed my hair looked so good! I must have just brushed it out, that's the brush handle sticking out of my waist pouch.

More to post later but for now I am to full of giggles from the follow up phone call with Elyce! :inlove:

Elizabeth

Elyce
April 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM
IcyDove, I just found it cruising around over at Flickr.

Countess, I'm still smiling from our chat, you are a ray of sunshine. Glad you got a little hug from home on an otherwise dreary sick-day.

Cinnamon Hair
April 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Whoa Countess, great hair even when you aren't posing for the camera! Maybe you should hop over to flickr and collect your :blossom:'s
Nice find Elyce.

Ohio Sky
April 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
But her hair is lovely! :)

Quote from the comments:
Hallo, ich bin der Administrator der Gruppe E***ic Fashion Friends Outdoor, und wir freuen uns, Ihr Foto unserer Gruppe hinzuzufügen.

Oh my :surprise:

I was more :surprise: over this comment:

Oh for my electric shears!

WTF?? :slap:

Medievalhair
April 17th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for PMing me dear Elyce, this is an interesting thread! :flowers: I'm reforming my secluded habits but haven't reformed about foraying regularly into the mane board yet. :o This is so neat to be sick at home here today and get a surprise picture of me with my mom which is kind of like getting a get well hug from her. :inlove: The other great part is that I am getting to tour my beloved Maryland Renaissance Festival through their photos so I am happy all around.

What weekend did you go yo the maryland Ren fest?

Gylfi
April 17th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Wow, that is an excellent photo. I am also surprised that you were able to recognize who it was just from a back hair-shot...only at the LHC, I guess :D (but obviously the instance of folks with hair this long is not very high either!)

dancingbarefoot
April 17th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I am also surprised that you were able to recognize who it was just from a back hair-shot...

I think the mismatched shoes helped with that. :wink:

TammySue
April 17th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Gorgeous! :thud:

Elyce
April 17th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I think the mismatched shoes helped with that. :wink:

hahah, DBF, you are right! The Countess and I share a passion for boots as well as our interest in long hair. I'd know her boots anywhere!!!

But I did recognize her hair, even before I spotted the boots. Gylfi, you are right, only on LHC!

And thanks, Cinnamon Hair, the Countess's hair is so awesome, really distinctive :)

Carolyn
April 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM

WTF?? :slap:That's exactly the type of creep we don't want here. Yikes. It's scary to think that there are people who would say such a thing.

PseudoScot
April 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Wow, there are more creepy postings but other than that, WOW a great picture!

ETA: Did you notice that the other photos in that person's album are all long hair oriented... hmmm... a bit ick...
ETA2: Whoops, OK, as has been pointed out what I was looking at what the group photos, not that one person's photos. I still think some of the comments left are weird, though...

AmandaPanda
April 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM
As you can see based on the comment I left on the photo, I found that picture a while ago. I didn't realize whose hair is was (I haven't seen many pics of her hair loose) :)

I found a "street shot" on flickr of one of my internet acquaintances
Here is the pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/martyz/530392288/in/pool-649055@N23

I contacted her about it, but she never got back to me

Cinnamon Hair
April 17th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I found a "street shot" on flickr of one of my internet acquaintances
Here is the pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/martyz/530392288/in/pool-649055@N23

Amanda, is that Shelly Rapunzel? If not, please say who!

AmandaPanda
April 17th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Amanda, is that Shelly Rapunzel?

Yes that is her!

AmandaPanda
April 17th, 2008, 02:17 PM
ETA: Did you notice that the other photos in that person's album are all long hair oriented... hmmm... a bit ick...

Actually, I checked and I didn't see any other photos of long haired people, perhaps you were looking at the "Very Long Hair (Pool)"...which is a group

PseudoScot
April 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ah - thank you for correcting me! :o

AmandaPanda
April 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Ah - thank you for correcting me! :o

No problem. It's a bit confusing. It took me a while to get used to the setup

Jason
April 17th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Your hair really does look fabulous there and you weren't even posing!

Patrycja
April 17th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Oh.my. That was a wonderful shot.And I didn't realise how long your hair really was Countess.Forgive me for being so ignorant LOL

Loviatar
April 17th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Fantastic hair Countess de Jager! (It goes to show how fantastic your hair that I didnt even notice your shoes - and that's usually what I notice first! Just call me Carrie Bradshaw...)

Lixie
April 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Wow, simply stunning hair, Countess de Jager.

DavidN
April 17th, 2008, 03:09 PM
That is such a wonderful photo of your hair, and such an inspiration to everyone!

DecafJane
April 17th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Wow, I am in awe!!

spidermom
April 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Oh dear! I just realized how very short my hair is. Countess - your hair looks stunning in that photo!

eresh
April 17th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Lovely lovely hair!!

KatKeRo
April 17th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Beautiful hair Countess de Jaeger.

Moezland
April 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM
All I can say is, "Wow"!!!:thud:

birdiefu
April 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Absolutely stunning! I agree it looks so good it seems like a posed shot. Beautiful hair!

MemSahib
April 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Gorgeous hair, Countess!

heidi w.
April 17th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Very nice, Countess DeJager!! :D

heidi w.

tuuli
April 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
:thud:
I'm speechless...

AprilElf
April 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM
What a great photo. Beautiful hair, Countess! I love how there is still just a sliver of the hemline of your dress showing beneath your hair. :)

DaveDecker
April 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
But I did recognize her hair, even before I spotted the boots.

I'd recognize my hair twin's hair anywhere! :D

That's exactly the type of creep we don't want here. Yikes. It's scary to think that there are people who would say such a thing.

Not to worry, Carolyn... I doubt they'd be interested in being a member here.

Some sam guy posting a comment on that flikr page asked if the OP had any more Ren Faire pics of her. Well, I do! (and I'm not gonna share them with you, sam!) :p

Dang, I knew I should have gotten your autograph when we were at the Rose Garden...

Elyce, thank you for the reminder. I have such fond memories of the fun we all had that day. :cloud9:

Elfling
April 17th, 2008, 08:22 PM
That's exactly the type of creep we don't want here. Yikes. It's scary to think that there are people who would say such a thing.

Why?

You have to accept the fact that there are people who find many things attractive. If you're going to be on the internet and post pictures, you need to accept the fact those pictures *will* at some point end up on a much more public forum for public viewing and comments.

EdG
April 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
That's beautiful hair Elizabeth! :)
Ed

trolleypup
April 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Why?

You have to accept the fact that there are people who find many things attractive. If you're going to be on the internet and post pictures, you need to accept the fact those pictures *will* at some point end up on a much more public forum for public viewing and comments.
Err...Carolyn was responding to the flickr comment about electric shears...and quite honestly, LHC doesn't need any members whose response to seeing a picture of extremely long hair is to reach for the electric shears.

Also, this is a "street shot"...that is, it was taken and posted without knowledge, permission or consent of CountessDeJager. This type of photography runs counter to the practices and culture at LHC.

And even if it was taken and posted properly, the fact that it might be stolen and reposted does not make that practice acceptable.

SilverLocks
April 17th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Right on TP!

Countess, that's a gorgeous shot in so many ways. Your hair is stunning, it looks so perfect, the shoes, made me laugh, and to have a warm snuggly while you're feeling down, with a virtual hug from Mom is precious. And Elyce finding it...:flowers:

Elenna
April 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I am in awe. Simply beautiful!

jessie58
April 17th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Oh such gorgeous hair Countess DJ, such a shame that it was taken and posted without permission. However, we here at LHC all benefit by being able to share this beautiful photo.
This is the first time I have seen it in it's full glory. I usually see it on a ponytail or thrown over your shoulder. :heartbeat

chloeishere
April 17th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Beautiful hair! I also didn't realize quite how long it is-- I think I'd mostly only seen it in pigtails. :thud: Amazing!

morningstar
April 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Just for the record I am not Morningstar1369. I would never put some random pics of cool long hairs up. I looked at all the album of long hair and it was quite amazing. The comments were very Beavis and Butthead at times.
The Countesses hair is breathtaking in that picture. :flowers:

Dianyla
April 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
This is the first time I have seen it in it's full glory. I usually see it on a ponytail or thrown over your shoulder. :heartbeat
Or sometimes, over a certain someone else's shoulder! Awww! :heartbeat

Bill D.
April 17th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Or sometimes, over a certain someone else's shoulder! Awww! :heartbeat

Or down my back... or flung in my face! Try picking long hair out of facial stubble. :p Still, it's fun having truly long hair now and then, if only for a minute or two.

That is a beautiful shot that really shows off Elizabeth's hair.

Bill D.

CountessDeJager
April 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Medievalhair, it was the last weekend of the festival, I remember being back with my parents for Halloween and after running away from my husband just after I got back from our honeymoon. :o

Each fair visit I usually get some people respectfully asking if they may take a photo, I know that didn't happen in this case since my camera shy mom would have instantly skidded away. While I certainly believe in asking, the picture turned out so well though that I think I might write to the photographer and ask for a full size copy. :) I know I've got more thoughts to ramble on about but that's all my brain wants to type out for now.

Don't worry morningstar, I certainly knew *our* morningstar from LHC isn't the same person! :flowers:

Still feeling light headed here and not just from being on the mend but from so many sweet compliments. LHC is the best place to be when sick, and well too for that matter!

Now back to healing by watching the Muppet Movie.

And trolleypup, :thumbsup:

Elizabeth

jessie58
April 17th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Lucky Bill. :)

missy60
April 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Beautiful hair Im just in awe.

Bill D.
April 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Lucky Bill. :)

I wouldn't have it any other way. :happydance:

eadwine
April 17th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Unfortunately since it was taken in a public area there isn't much ground to stand on, also there is no face in the picture, so it could theoretically be just anyone.

Nasty comments WILL arise in such settings as the flickr environment, nothing to be done about that unless they are threatening and such, then you can contact flickr management and have them removed.

Of course you still can try that, but yeah.. how far are you willing to go. And definitely prepare yourself for them replying the exact same thing as I just said.

That aside.. it's beautiful hair indeed, and the shoes were the second thing I saw right after the hair *giggle*

redbark
April 18th, 2008, 12:12 AM
What can I say that hasn't already been written?

I will echo what the first poster wrote "She has unbelievable beautiful hair. Do you have more pics of her? "

:D :bowtome:

Velvettt
April 18th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I think I've been hanging out on LHC too long. I saw the pic, thought, "Good hair", then zoomed in on the shoes.:p

Before LHC, I'd have been falling off my chair at the hair.

Paelena
April 18th, 2008, 10:50 AM
This morning I logged on and looked at my stats on my flickr page. I got a real shock in my picture statistics… by one of my most popular pictures (out of a total of 4000+ pictures.) It wasn’t from a private photo shoot but is a lovely shot taken at the Maryland Ren Faire. This picture has gotten mostly good comments, which I agree with. One comment about sheers, which I didn’t delete because I resist censoring a very public picture entered in public viewing groups. You will notice that as I did not no the lady with the lovely hair, I did not add the picture to the group for “e****c” hair.. but only to the more er, mundane groups for admiration.

This picture has been very popular and normally gets about 15- 18 views per day.
My surprise was that with in the last 24 hours the beautiful picture has gotten 325 views!
I was surprised and delighted. I have long curly hair but nothing as long or as beautiful as that. My hair breaks of easily and has been the same length most of my life. I looked to see where these sudden views came from and flickr is nice enough to track so that I alone can see where my pictures are most often viewed from. So I am pleased to see that the picture’s 325 view in the last 24 hours has come from this site and that the lady that lovely hair belongs to now gets to enjoy the picture. I love to make that connection full circle. Another favorite connection was then a man at the Smithsonian folk life festival left a note on one of my pictures that the artistry in the picture as being done by this own

---I’m sure my personal ethic is a bit different from some, but this is what I tend to follow.
In very public places I tend to just shoot (and recently have been carrying cards to hand out to the people I shoot to let them know where to find their picture I find that people seems to like this and have never gotten a negative response from this approach)
Frankly I tend to shoot anywhere from 300-700 pictures on a day like visiting a ren fest.
Though I do try to be respectful of how the pictures are rendered, displayed, tagged and what groups they end up in.
---In less public places I usually either ask permission or I at least catch eye contact so that the person being shot can choose to duck, say no or what ever else.
Frankly my in-laws didn’t really appreciate my constant photography until my father-in-law passed suddenly and I was the only one that had good, current, and candid pictures of a special person.
---In private photo shoots I have a very strict personal ethic where I sit down and get a very firm understanding of which pictures I’m allowed to shoot or not shoot and then on a separate front which ones I am only shooting for them and which ones I am allowed to share either publicly or privately with friends, and also whether I am allowed to use proper names or scene names.
---Some locations I attend I see very beautiful people doing beautiful things but at those areas (some gyms, swimming pools, and adult clubs) cameras are forbidden for very legitimate reasons and I am extremely understanding and respectful of those rules and why they are in place.

I admire long hair and things of beauty. I envy hair this long and would love to shoot more pictures of it. I am very flattered that this thread has led so many nice people to view my page and the Countess's long hair. I do hope she feels flattered by the attention. ~ Thankyou!, the photographer in question.

Elyce
April 18th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Paelena, hello and welcome. Your photo of the Countess is very beautiful and sensitive, it even captures a bit of her personality, besides her gorgeous Renaissance hair.

Photos in a public place are fair game, of course, although some don't care for them. I do think you have handled the Countess's pic very respectfully, and since she really loves the photo in question, that's a testament to your photographic skill. I did take the time to peruse your photostream over at Flickr, you seem to focus on things of beauty, flowers, nature, etc., and the Countess's hair certainly qualifies.

Even though she's been "outed" in a way, no one here knows the Countess's name or whereabouts except those of us with whom she has personally shared her information. And as she and her husband both have really enjoyed your work, I'm glad you checked in with us to say hi and will now be able to connect with them, too.

Now about that hair breakage, girl, cruise around here for a while, you will learn everything you need to know about long hair and the best ways to care for it. Soon you can be a long hair too!

Again, thanks for checking in.

WritingPrincess
April 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Oh, my. I had no idea how long your hair is. Beautiful.

harpgal
April 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Paelena, welcome to our community. Within this place, my hope is that you learn how to nurture and enjoy your hair, whatever the length may be. Also, hopefully you will make new friends and contribute new knowledge.

I understand your work habits and I am glad you are so careful. However, please be aware that taking any photos of someone in a public place and publishing those photos on the web without their knowledge, may constitute copyright violations. There is copyright protection covering a person's likeness.

Because the world of long hair can attract ummm....very unsavory types (to lay the least), most of us are very sensitive to the attention that our long tresses seem to attract. Many of us (me included) would be very upset to suddenly find our photos on the web without our prior knowledge.

Hopefully, in the future you will be very consistent in handing out your card and/or asking permission to make the shot in the first place. The longhair world is very different and I'm sure you are unaware of these problems. Please feel free to PM myself or any other mod if you have questions pertaining to these issues.

zift
April 18th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Because the world of long hair can attract ummm....very unsavory types (to lay the least), most of us are very sensitive to the attention that our long tresses seem to attract. Many of us (me included) would be very upset to suddenly find our photos on the web without our prior knowledge.

I agree with harpgal, although I like looking at long hair pictures ,I do not approve of this thing of taking and posting the photo on web without the person's knowledge too. I'd be very freaked out if I find my photo online one day. Although I understand the photo belongs to the photographer,still the object which is a human being will have the rights on it,right?
Since Countess is OK with it, there's no problem here though. And Paelana who is the artist of the gorgeous photo came and explained him/herself very kindly here:) I welcome you too Paelana:D
WoW and really please just look at that picture! What amazing hair!:rockerdud

khyricat
April 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM
great pic, LOVELY hair and boots... I am very impressed! even if it was a street shot, at least its a flattering one and posted as such! but its the street shots I see that are a large part of why if I ever have super long hair (I am doubtful it will happen, but we'll see) I will probably very rarely wear it down in public... for a private function- thats another story.

dancingbarefoot
April 19th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I agree with harpgal, although I like looking at long hair pictures ,I do not approve of this thing of taking and posting the photo on web without the person's knowledge too. I'd be very freaked out if I find my photo online one day. Although I understand the photo belongs to the photographer,still the object which is a human being will have the rights on it,right?

:agree: In my personal opinion (personal - not moderator - opinion), although you claim to treat the women whose photos you take with respect, your actions belie that. You post them online in a location that's a hotspot for long hair f*tishes. I just can't see the respect in that. :twocents:

Fee
April 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Countess, you are a goddess :flowers:

I can't stop looking at this picture...it's one of the most beautiful hair pictures I've ever seen!

Solitude
April 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Yes, lovely shot of CdeJ. Almost thought it was from the west coast :tongue: until I saw the Countess' note. Didn't see the caption that it was a Maryland ren faire.

intothemist1999
April 19th, 2008, 09:56 PM

WTF?? :slap:

I know!! There's a joker in every crowd, no??

I say we take lil Petey out back!! :patrol:

Rosepatrice
April 19th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Ummmm>{{{ Thud!! }}}

littlemiss
April 19th, 2008, 10:21 PM
countess your hair is so long and beautiful!! one day I can only hope to have hair that nice!!
As for the shoes a woman of my own heart I wear different shoes at times too!!

CountessDeJager
April 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Sorry to bump this up but I finally found the link I have been looking for. In this article from the ethics column of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=11816) my own feeling is neatly encapsulated- "By ignoring the feelings of your involuntary models, you reduce them to the status of mere things, like rocks or clouds shot by a nature photographer. Thus, you should indeed ask permission to photograph someone - before, if practical; after, if you're going for something candid."

Beatnik Guy
April 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Sorry to bump this up but I finally found the link I have been looking for. In this article from the ethics column of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=11816) my own feeling is neatly encapsulated- "By ignoring the feelings of your involuntary models, you reduce them to the status of mere things, like rocks or clouds shot by a nature photographer. Thus, you should indeed ask permission to photograph someone - before, if practical; after, if you're going for something candid."
Wonderful quote, Elizabeth. :rockerdud

rhodochrosite
April 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM
CountessDeJager, I think your hair is absolutely beautiful. I do agree with the quote you posted as well.

Kleis
April 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
That is a lovely pic!

But man, Flickr is such headache sometimes. I originally had a large photoset with pics from meets and personal hair pics, as well as a photoset of my monthly hair shots. This went along just fine for around two years until the hair fans found my account last December. Holy cow. The hit count skyrocketed and the p*rvs left me all kinds of "friendly" comments. The assumptive behaviors were astounding.

I've since locked down 90% of my hair shots to friends and family only, leaving only a double handful public. Those are still my most popular ones. My ban list grows weekly and includes a couple of the folks who commented on the photo of the Countess.

To the photographer: When I take pics and post them of other people (always with permission), I try to be really sensitive. If the f*tish community comes out and starts actively p*rving, the pic gets locked down or removed if the subject is uncomfortable with it. No, you don't get accolades from other photographers this way, but being sensitive to the people whose pics you're exposing to the entire world outweighs getting ego cookies. :twocents:

Lady Godiva
April 26th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Countess, I know how gorgeous your hair is already, too. I'm still blown away that you use a brush on it!

Just for the record I am not Morningstar1369. I would never put some random pics of cool long hairs up. I looked at all the album of long hair and it was quite amazing. The comments were very Beavis and Butthead at times.
What a shock to see a moniker so similar to yours! I *knew* you wouldn't do this, though! :rockerdud

:agree: In my personal opinion (personal - not moderator - opinion), although you claim to treat the women whose photos you take with respect, your actions belie that. You post them online in a location that's a hotspot for long hair f*tishes. I just can't see the respect in that. :twocents:

To the photographer: When I take pics and post them of other people (always with permission), I try to be really sensitive. If the f*tish community comes out and starts actively p*rving, the pic gets locked down or removed if the subject is uncomfortable with it. No, you don't get accolades from other photographers this way, but being sensitive to the people whose pics you're exposing to the entire world outweighs getting ego cookies. :twocents:

To the photographer, I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments expressed above. I've been in this situation before, and it isn't respectful. The only way to be respectful is *always* to ask first. It means that you risk receiving a negative answer, but at least everyone's dignity remains intact. :) A photographer friend of mine calls taking streetshots of individuals, "Stalking with a camera."

JJJ's comment at the second link (to Shelly Rapunzel's streetshot found in this post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=68192&postcount=15)), is so telling:

I have found street shots of me on the internet and it has certainly changed the way I wear my hair in public, which is really a shame.

Peggy E.
April 26th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Wow, that is an excellent photo. I am also surprised that you were able to recognize who it was just from a back hair-shot...only at the LHC, I guess :D (but obviously the instance of folks with hair this long is not very high either!)

Ha! **WE** can't recognize people from the front! ;o)

I've always wondered what non-LHC people must be thinking when there are these LHC get-togethers. Where most people are facing the camera, smiling and pleased, in front of some national monument or other point of interest, the LHCers have their backs to the camera to be sure and get good shots of the hair!

If you didn't know what that was about, it would seem very, very strange, to say the least...!

AND the pic is gone! Some of those comments were a wee bit unsettling and yet again points out what a great place LHC is to offer us the opportunity to SAFELY share our long hair experiences without the oozing sickos. Feels like I need a bath, simply the implications - yuck!

btw: Hope you are much better now, Countess!

trolleypup
April 26th, 2008, 10:48 AM
AND the pic is gone! Some of those comments were a wee bit unsettling and yet again points out what a great place LHC is to offer us the opportunity to SAFELY share our long hair experiences without the oozing sickos. Feels like I need a bath, simply the implications - yuck!
Mod hat: on

Just because LHC has restricted access areas and attentive moderation does NOT guarantee that only the "right people" have access. As with anywhere on the internet, be careful with what you post, being aware that TLHC is relatively safe, but not completely so. Also remember, on the public areas of TLHC, anyone on the internet can watch and join.

Stevy
April 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Countess, that's a great article!

Some friends of friends have a 'if we take a photo of you, it's going on the Internet, and we won't take it down, unless you tell us you don't want it used when we take the photo' policy (which works if you're taking posed pictures of a friend, but not if you're snapping shots in a crowded club, or whatever) and I admit, it makes me think twice before going to events where they're going to be there.

Not because I think I'm a great beauty and the world needs to see photos of me (you should have seen how many shots it took my father to get my avatar picture of the back of my head!) but because it makes me feel really, really uncomfortable.

icydove
April 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not all about living in fear. But, it has become way too easy for people to take pictures of strangers. The horror stories about teens taking pictures of their "enemies" in compromising situations with cell phones disturbs me, probably because I know I would have been one of those girls on the receiving end. I don't like strangers taking pictures of my girls because I know what can end up happening with these pictures. Now, seeing all these pictures of longhairs being taking without their knowledge just makes me sick.

As a former reporter, I'm aware of the "anything-taken-in-public-is-fair-game" rule. Where are people going to draw the line? :shrug: