PDA

View Full Version : Could I be type ii?

juliaxena
September 7th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I can't get all my hair into a pony tale yet so I really can't say how thick my hair is really. But I was looking at flexi-8s and the smallest would not be enough at all. I do have quite a lot of hair strands, just the fineness and hair clumping together can make it look thin-I think. No idea here...but I do hope I'll be able to say I'm a ii when those darn layers grow out. What do you think?

akevita2002
September 7th, 2009, 01:12 PM
From your siggy pic, it looks like your hair is ii to me, or at least i/ii.

You could get as much hairs as you can in a ponytail, see the circumference and approximate how much would it be with all the hairs ;)

EvaSimone
September 7th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Their is probably a good chance that you are an ii. I personally wouldn't worry about it until you can get all of your hair in a ponytail. I still don't really know if my hair is ii or on the low end of iii. Some days it feels and looks very thick and it measures thicker and then other days it measures thinner. I just quit worrying about it because ultimately it doesn't really make a difference. :flower:

What you could do is change your hair stat to i/ii that way you're covering both grounds and then when you figure out for sure you can change it accordingly.

juliaxena
October 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I decided to retype my hair as i/ii for now. Once I can do a ponytail I will do it again. Hopefully I'm a ii. Fingers crossed.

viking_quest
October 4th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I'd say wait it out until you can get all of your hair into a ponytail. When my hair was chin length it looked much thinner than yours and I'm a ii/iii.

Quixii
October 4th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Huh. Based on your sig pic, I'd say your hair looks at least an ii, maybe iii. That's just guessing based on the picture, though.
We'll see when you can do a ponytail. :)

Little_Bird
October 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Well, I'm also no expert on hairtyping by pictures, but I dare say your hair looks pretty much a iii to me... or a ii/iii. It looks really thick in your siggy picture :)

You're be able to fit all your hair in a pony tough, and then we'll see ;) But at the very least an ii... almost sure!

GlassEyes
October 4th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, hairtyping doesn't really work with photos unless they're of a ponytail--in which can yu can try to guess more accurately. I'd still guess you're a ii if you have layers though, maybe thicker eventually.

I can make my hair look like it's a iii, or, if it existed, a iv easily--but I'm a ii, maybe a ii/iii when my own layers grow out. :shrug:

lora410
October 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I originally though iii when I saw your hair. Just because your hair is fine, that doesn't mean it can't be thick.

juliaxena
October 4th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Oh thanks lora. I will have to wait and see. In the past I didn't think I had thick hair because it was greasy so I just don't know yet. After I cut it pretty much even it seems I can't be I though. Perhaps I should be more corageous and put ii but I want to be sure.

lora410
October 5th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Oh thanks lora. I will have to wait and see. In the past I didn't think I had thick hair because it was greasy so I just don't know yet. After I cut it pretty much even it seems I can't be I though. Perhaps I should be more corageous and put ii but I want to be sure.

well my dd has f/ii curly hair. So many people assume if there hair is fine they are automatically i :)