PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected compliments.

Speckla
September 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I had two teenage girls compliment my hair today. "Your hair is so pretty." "Is it natural? It's pretty but mine would never do that."

Left me glowing happy. I got up, washed my face, throw on jeans and an old t, and went to the grocery store. I didn't do anything to my hair other than pin my bangs back.

prelong hair? I couldn't just leave the house when my hair was short or relaxed without product or heat.

SHELIAANN1969
September 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Right on, your hair is fabulous, I love the curls. :flower:

brownthistle
September 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
what a lovely thing to say.
and i wonder where this comes from, this assumption: whether your hair is real. i had people telling this to me too. very strange.
be happy about the compliment, i am sure there will be more to come the longer your hair gets.

Speckla
September 6th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Maybe it's my age? I haven't seen too many almost 35 years sporting Shirley Temple ringlets. ;) I'm creeping near that dreaded age where I have to cut my hair short, order orthopedic shoes, and dye my hair blue.

Ella Menneau P.
September 6th, 2009, 09:04 AM
and i wonder where this comes from, this assumption: whether your hair is real.

I think it may be that there are so many good quality extensions available everywhere, and it is common, especially in the fashion industry, to have extensions. I wouldn't find this question odd in the least.

marikamt
September 6th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Maybe it's my age? I haven't seen too many almost 35 years sporting Shirley Temple ringlets. ;) I'm creeping near that dreaded age where I have to cut my hair short, order orthopedic shoes, and dye my hair blue.

haha... I passed that age a week ago......

Let me go grab my walker....... :D

your curls are beautiful, and how nice to have a "stranger
compliment... it would have left me floating all day

Speckla
September 6th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I'd have some funny extensions since my bangs and sides are liberally streaked with grey. :cheese:

Nah, she was asking if my curls were natural or not.