PDA

View Full Version : Very happy! Making progress: growth update and goal date

Christina
September 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Hello! I am so happy this morning, I wanted to try and make a post.

I've been keeping track of my hair growth since January of this year, and have gone from 16 inches (chin length) to 22 inches (past shoulders). I know that's not a lot, but I'm glad to finally have long-ish hair again. ;)

My goal is tailbone length. On me that's 36 inches (I'm 5'4). The longest my hair has ever been is about 30 inches.

SO. Figuring on an average growth of 3/4 inch per month, it looks like I should reach my goal by April 2011. Yikes, that sounds like a long way off! I like to think of it as "right before me and DH's 5th anniversary" which is May 2011. :D

Does anyone else have a goal date to share?

spidermom
September 6th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I can't speculate. My hair will grow between 0 to 1-1/4 inch in a month, so I'll just have to wait and see. I believe that I will be at my goal of classic length within a year if I can resist the urge to cut it.

redwoman
September 6th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I want hair to my ankles and I am at hip right now so there are many years of growing ahead of me...sigh:poot:

JamieRose
September 6th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I want to have waist length hair by my 21st birthday (2 years), I plan on having a good night that night :D

Lilli
September 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM

I've been keeping track of my hair growth since January of this year, and have gone from 16 inches (chin length) to 22 inches (past shoulders). I know that's not a lot, but I'm glad to finally have long-ish hair again. ;)

My goal is tailbone length. On me that's 36 inches (I'm 5'4). The longest my hair has ever been is about 30 inches.

SO. Figuring on an average growth of 3/4 inch per month, it looks like I should reach my goal by April 2011. Yikes, that sounds like a long way off! I like to think of it as "right before me and DH's 5th anniversary" which is May 2011. :D

That is very quick! Congratulations!!!

little_acorn
September 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Wow that some quick growing - congratulations :D

windinherhair
September 6th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I am also 5'4 and the last time I measured (in June) I was just at 36 inches. I hope to reach my goal by the end of next year which is as close to 44 inches as what I can get. I haven't figured out exactly how fast my hair grows yet. I am going to measure again the end of September. Looking ahead to 2011 would feel like a long time, but just try to keep enjoying your hair at each length. You will be there before you know it. ;)

Addy
September 6th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I have a goal of waist by Christmas/birthday. I don't know if I'll make it but I'm gonna giv'er hell tryin! :D I'm a bit past BSL right now.

naselflee
September 6th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Thats alot of growth:) I'm aiming to have classic by this time next year.

freckles
September 7th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I haven't been measuring my growth so I don't know my average, but right now I'm at around 27" (though I need a fairly big trim soon) and my goal is also tailbone, 36", and I would like to do that by the time I graduate, 2 years from now -- that might be stretching it slightly, but that's my aim :D

melikai
September 7th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I keep trimming off my damage, so that at this point I am only an inch past where I was when I first joined LHC! My current goal is around hip or lower back. I grow anywhere from 1/2" to more than 1" each month, but if I try to trim only every 4-6 months then hopefully I'll be at my goal length in a year from now.
And hopefully I won't be saying the same thing a year from now. :rolleyes:

neon-dream
September 7th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Maybe this time next year my hair will be at my goal length of tailbone. Time has been added to allow me to trim as I desire hah X

JamieLeigh
September 8th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Congrats on making good progress! It's important that you're happy with your hair, and it sounds like you are! :flower:

I have no goal dates, I guess. This is probably because I trim so much, lol. I'm shooting more for thick ends at my longer lengths than for the lengths themselves. I would like to find my terminal length someday, but that means I'll have to bite the bullet and stop trimming at some point, which I'm not ready to do yet. ;)

Christina
September 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah, trimming. I sort of forgot about that...:rolleyes:
I'm going to try and wait until just before Christmas - that would be 1 year between trims.
Maybe just 1/2 inch off the ends would be enough, otherwise, they're kind of crunchy and frizzy.

feralnature
September 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Christina, congrats on your terrific growth:)

Mt avatar pic was taken when I joined here, January 2008. My siggy pic was from April 2009. My hair is longer now, I need to take an updated pic.

This November 2010, it will be 2 years since a trim. My goal is terminal length white/grey/silver hair so I will need to eventually trim the old bleached/dyed ends off. I'm thinking that in 5 years there would be 2-1/2 feet of hair growth as my hair grows right at 6 inches a year or just under. Two feet of that would remain and the 1/2 foot would be trimmed off for various reasons. So in 5 years my hair should be about 2 feet longer than it is now which would be very long for me and very awesome because it would be grey.

Christina
September 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
So in 5 years my hair should be about 2 feet longer than it is now which would be very long for me and very awesome because it would be grey.

Thanks!
Isn't it great to think of having hair 2 feet longer than it is right now? :p

Aries_jb
September 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I'm at shoulder bade right now and about 3-4 inches away from bottom of BSL, which is my goal. I should reach it by next summer. My hair is curly so it takes longer to show length.

Esperanza
September 10th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'm at waist now, and my intermediate goal is classic, so I have a while to go. Once I get to classic, though, unless I change my mind, I want to grow it to terminal, just to see how long I can grow it. Then I will decide whether to keep it at that length or cut back, but can't imagine it ever again being less that waist.

My avatar was taken last spring, and I think I was leaning back a little. I need to get a new length shot.

InTheCity
September 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I want to have waist length hair by my 21st birthday (2 years), I plan on having a good night that night :D

Take it from experience - if you plan on having that much "fun" wear your hair in the most secure style. Many, many drinks and the potential subsequent upchuck will wreak havoc on your hair.

If you're no bad-a... like me and my friends were on our 21st and don't plan on that kind of fun, excuse my comments and enjoy your locks :)

When joining LHC I thought my goal was BSL, which I bet I'll reach in another 2 months or so (yay!) but I've quickly changed that to waste. I'm pretty darn short so I think I'll hit waste around 29", which is a year away from now. If DBF decides to ask that question this calendar year instead of next, my goal will be just in time for an August wedd.... Woops, did I almost just say that out loud? ;)

natorade
September 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM

Heck I am hoping to have chin length hair my 20th birthday in february. Then I would love to have apl or longer by my 21st.

Isa-belle
September 21st, 2009, 02:26 AM
My next goal is to reach one metre (= 39 inches) of hair. If my hair keeps growing at the rate it's currently growing, and provided I don't need to trim more than 1-2 centimeters for damage, I should reach this goal sometime during Spring 2010 :cheese:

redneckprincess
September 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM
I had a goal I thought I would be APL By my birthday (2.5 weeks) but Im still about 2-3" from it so now hopefully I can reach APL by Christmas/new Years ☺