PDA

View Full Version : ACV rinse frequency

Vrushali
September 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I have done a few ACV rinses till date and I have had good results with them. I have a question about how often can one do an ACV rinse? Is there anything bad that can come out of too frequent rinses? I am asking because ACV is acidic in nature. I am sorry if this has already been posted, I swear I searched :confused:

Aer
September 6th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I heard somewhere, that it can be too damaging to use alot, especially if you have fine or damaged hair, because of it being acidic. I haven't experienced this, and I don't know this for sure. I must not be too concerned, because I don't even dilute it when I use ACV. I only use it once a week. I wish I could be more help to you, but thats about all I know.

Aditi
September 6th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I have only used ACV rinse once in a week at the time of washing my hair and i apply it by diluting it in water. It is used to maintain the ph balance of our scalp and hair so using it more than necessary can be damaging according to me.

Lemur_Catta
September 6th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I have been using it every time I wash (every other day or every two days) for about 2 years, and I haven't had any damage related to ACV. I use it very diluted (2-3 tablespoons in 1 lt of water) so it shouldn't be too acidic. Anyway, hair and skin are naturally acidic so I don't think the ph would be the problem.

Vrushali
September 6th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks you all!