PDA

View Full Version : The joy of hair tumbling down your back...

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I know what it feels like to have my hair touch my midback...haha. I can feel this by leaning my head back when it's wet. Can't wait to feel it from real length. In about two more years. :rolleyes:

CaityBear
September 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I love that feeling. It's down to my hips and I love the feel of it down when I am changing or wearing a bikini. It's just a nice feeling. I'd walk around in the house all day in just my bra to feel my hair against my back. haha.

flyfaraway
September 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM
You'll get there eventually.
We've all got lofty goals.
XD

dearladydisdain
September 5th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I have enjoyed keeping my hair short in the past couple of years but that feeling is one thing I truly miss about long hair.

Kaileida
September 5th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Haha. I'm only barely past shoulder and I still love this feeling. I'll shake my head back and forth so I can feel my hair against my back. :)

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Does hair washing and general bathing routines change? I sure am not looking forward to hair in my crack....:p (from what I've heard about other longhair members and standing in the shower).

brownthistle
September 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM
yes i love it too when it touches my back and covers me all up.
my routines haven't changed. after all hair grows slowly and one has time to get used to the changes and so the changes are slow too. i can't think of anything that i did do very different 10 years ago. but then again then i had long hair already as well...

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I've never had hair longer than BSL. I'm not even sure if my hair is capable of getting as long as I want it but I sure am willing to wait and try. I like the feel of it on my back while bathing but not so sure how it'd feel hanging down my back while drying.

redcelticcurls
September 5th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I've never had hair longer than BSL. I'm not even sure if my hair is capable of getting as long as I want it but I sure am willing to wait and try. I like the feel of it on my back while bathing but not so sure how it'd feel hanging down my back while drying.

It will. It'll just take a lot longer with your curl pattern.

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM
It will. It'll just take a lot longer with your curl pattern.

Yeah, but it won't be half as beautiful as yours. ;)

redcelticcurls
September 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah, but it won't be half as beautiful as yours. ;)

Pshaw, it'll probably look the same really, although your curls are clumpier.

I do like air drying because it feels so long for that first hour before it shrinks more, lol.

Gingevere
September 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I know what you mean- love that feeling! I can only feel it on my upper back right now, but when I bend way over backwards like an idiot I can feel it brushing my lower back to my tailbone. :D

pepperminttea
September 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I love this feeling too - especially when it's half-dry after washing, and it's just beginning to turn soft.

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Pshaw, it'll probably look the same really, although your curls are clumpier.

I do like air drying because it feels so long for that first hour before it shrinks more, lol.

My wet hair says, "Hello brastrap." And dry says, "Hi again shoulder." :cheese:

missmagoo
September 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
yeah, that's kind of been a bummer for me going to the curly girl method- I'm growing my hair out and all of a sudden it's seriously like 2 inches shorter.

sucks, but I am excited for the curls when it's longer.

Sissy
September 5th, 2009, 11:43 PM
you'll get there and until then keep on growin' :)

BranwenWolf
September 5th, 2009, 11:45 PM
I had appointments with my psychiatrist at the beginning of my diagnosis, and the only thing that gave me comfort was feeling my hair on my skin that was left at the gap between my shirt/jeans. (very small spot and I was hunched in the chair)

GlennaGirl
September 6th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I love how it feels when my hair brushes my arms.

Aditi
September 6th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I know what you mean i just LOVE :crush: the way my hair keeps brushing my waist. I twist and turn my head again and again to enjoy that feeling :)

Angela_Rose
September 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
This is probably TMI, but my favorite kind of undies is the "boy shorts" variety, and my favorite thing about being at thigh length is feeling the ends of my hair brushing against my back over the top and then below the bottom of the undies.

redwoman
September 6th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I just love my hip length hair swishing over my back in the shower!! It just suddenly appeared there or something...lol...Back swishing hair is awesome!!:cheese:

spidermom
September 6th, 2009, 05:23 PM
My hair streaming down my back under the shower is one of my favorite feelings in the world. I guess I squeeze my hiney real tight because (TMI ALERT!) I haven't had my hair get caught at the crack yet. I'm sure it wouldn't bother me, though; I'd just move it.

camirra555
September 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I do the same thing as a lot of you. When I'm in the shower I tilt my head back so I can feel it around waist/hip length

Monkey962
September 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Aaaah, I love that feeling, dry or wet, oily or clean. Originally, when I was growing my hair out for a buzz cut, my goal was very modest - just shoulder blade length. On my way there though, after showering the feeling on my bare shoulders was one of the best things in the world. It's one of the reasons why I love long hair - it's like a soft, built-in security blanket. :)

Medievalmaniac
September 6th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I have to admit...I walk around without a shirt on a lot more often these days, just to feel my hair down my back...DH is not complaining about THAT part of my newly-acquired hair ******! :P

silverspun
September 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
It felt so warm when my hair was long- you know for how much time it takes for hair to grow it did sneak up on me- when it passed bsl. I hope time goes fast this go.

Carolyn
September 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
The feeling of long hair is so comforting and secure for me. It's also very pleasant and yes sensuous too. It's ALL good! :D When I cut my hair to my shoulders almost a decade ago, I missed my longer hair so much. As it grew back I relished each new inch. All of a sudden I would feel it farther down my back and on my arms. I think it's the best feeling :inlove:

I don't think anyone has ever died from "crack hair" :p Look at it as a rite of passage into longer hair. It's a GOOD thing!

CavyQueen
September 6th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Your hair is beautiful!!! You will reach your goal and your hair will be so healthy because you know how to care for it!

EvaSimone
September 6th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Their is something pretty awesome about feeling your hair on your lower back but then getting it caught between your back and a chair, your back and the car seat, your back and your purse strap makes me pretty picky about how and where I enjoy the feeling of my hair brushing my back. :lol:

Smokering
September 7th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I usually wear mine up, but yeah: the other day before a shower I felt my hair brushing my thighs and was like "Whoa, it's that long?" Actually it wasn't; I had my head back. But still.

I do like the feeling of hair brushing my arms, but I'm kinda forced to wear it up these days. It tangles so quickly when it's down, and the damage looks glaringly obvious to me. DH says he doesn't notice it, but I notice it and it makes me self-conscious. So no lovely swishing hair... sigh!

FrozenPrincess
September 7th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I like taking the pins out of my bun at the end of the day, shake my head a little bit and feel my hair tumble down my back. :D
Its the ideal way to unwind after a long workday IMO.

trolleypup
September 7th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I like taking the pins out of my bun at the end of the day, shake my head a little bit and feel my hair tumble down my back. :D
Yeah, it makes such a distinctive change from work to personal time. I guess it did it more when my job was more stressful...getting off my bus in the yard, and as I walked away, pulling the stick out and giving it a little shake. Freedom!

If it isn't too warm, I enjoy feeling it down, and sometimes tilting my head back and feeling it where it will never grow (terminal at thigh length). Wet is a different and interesting feeling, although the resulting wet butt spot when I'm sitting on a towel in front of the computer is not so pleasant. I mostly avoid cr*ck hair by doing a full comb out before the wash, so I shed very little (0-3 hairs) in the shower. The downsides exist, but for the most part, you adjust to them as your hair grows.

lora410
September 7th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Now that I am 1/2" from waist the feeling is fantastic :)

paintedmuse
September 7th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I love the feeling... And I can't wait for my hair to be longer because I'm sure it gets better the longer your hair grows... :)

JamieLeigh
September 8th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Just be patient! You'll get there! I know you've heard this a million times, but it's true. From what I've seen of your posts, it seems like you are doing the best possible things to your hair, and you'll definitely get top results from so much good care. :flower:

freckles
September 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I *love* the feeling of hair down my back. I like to comb it topless! :D

Merewen
September 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I also love that feeling!

My hair doesn't shake out quite this easily though. I take my stick out and my hair stays right where I put it.

zen_oven
September 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I like that feeling too. I can't wait to feel it on my lower back. It will take a while though. . .