PDA

View Full Version : Any way to avoid "funky hair syndrome"?

whiteisle
September 5th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I've been using Pantene for a couple of months and though my hair is not complaining I'm getting bit by the "want to go more natural" bug again and want to start using my poo bars but I hate the idea of having to go through that transition where my hair feels awful for a little while after starting them. Is there any way to avoid that? I was thinking I would probably clarify with VO5 Kiwi to get the cones out and then start the poo bar. Would washing several times with the poo bar speed things up?

SimplyViki
September 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Heh... I'm in the middle of my second CV bars experiment. (First time was an epic fail, I don't know why I'm trying again, really). I'm experiencing the funky hair synrome now, and I lathered up three times the first two washes, and twice the last (third) wash. My hair's still drying from wash number 3.

Now mind you... I didn't clarify first. That could have something to do with it, I suppose. I'm not sure. It has seemed to me that the funky hair syndrome as I experience is soap buildup, not cone buildup. But I could be wrong. :shrug:

Lilli
September 6th, 2009, 07:23 AM
In the past, I have clarified with dish soap - it de-cones in a hurry, but is not great for your hair!

whiteisle
September 6th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Well, I just clarified with the vo5 and did 3 washes with some PLH Aloe followed by a diluted ACV rinse and then a light smoothing of evoo.....we'll see what happens! :D