PDA

View Full Version : Gelatin

Monkey962
September 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM
As we know, some of us (or all of us? I dunno...) experience increased hair growth when we consume gelatin. But I'm curious, is it the same for skin? That is, does skin 'regrow' (if that's the right word) faster when taking gelatin? I ask because I have some nasty wounds that are keeping me from taking care of my hair and even trying to do some new hairstyles.

slz
September 5th, 2009, 05:08 PM
No idea about gelatin, but to help healing, try nigari (natural magnesium chloride) soakings : heals faster, with more discrete scars.

SimplyViki
September 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure how that would work, or if that would work. But if you've got a nasty wound and you're working on healing, best thing to do is keep yourself otherwise healthy, drink enough water and eat right, and prevent infection.

In the meantime for your hair - just put it in a bun or braid and forget about it for now, the hair's not the priority when you've got something else health-wise to worry about!

Get well soon. :blossom:

Addy
September 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
My Boss always said protein helps promote healing. :)

Monkey962
September 5th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure how that would work, or if that would work. But if you've got a nasty wound and you're working on healing, best thing to do is keep yourself otherwise healthy, drink enough water and eat right, and prevent infection.

In the meantime for your hair - just put it in a bun or braid and forget about it for now, the hair's not the priority when you've got something else health-wise to worry about!

Get well soon. :blossom:
Thank you for your kind thoughts, but I can't even put my hair in a simple braid because of my injuries. :/

SimplyViki
September 5th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Thank you for your kind thoughts, but I can't even put my hair in a simple braid because of my injuries. :/
Ponytail? Bun? Friend who can do any of the above for you?

Ah well, it may be difficult to detangle later, patience will be key.

Monkey962
September 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Ponytail? Bun? Friend who can do any of the above for you?

Ah well, it may be difficult to detangle later, patience will be key.

Eh, I suppose I can do ponytails. I kinda feel like I'm above them now or something.:D