PDA

View Full Version : 9" cut off in the last 2 years...

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Wow, I just realized that I've cut off 9" in the last two years. That includes relaxed, flatironed, and dyed too many times. I would be 1" from goal today it I hadn't treated my hair so poorly.

Guess I can look at it as 9" wasted or a good learning experience. Here's to :cheese:. No more abusing hair for me.

Copasetic
September 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I too have given up all kinds of hair abuse! I have been pretty lucky though; I haven't had a lot of damage considering what I have put my hair through.

kdaniels8811
September 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Wow, your hair must look awesomly healthy with all that damage cut off. Now you can just grow, grow, grow! We will be here cheering you on along your long hair journey.

redwoman
September 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Heres to healthy growth for you!!

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I want to get back to this length by the beginning of the new year. This was a few days before I cut in May of this year. I had damage and breakage and so many wacky layers. Can you see the much shorter pieces?

http://public.fotki.com/Speckla/first-updo-since-chop/untitled.html

silverspun
September 6th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I second this, abuse = short hair in the end...

and starting over again

janiejones
September 6th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Congrats on being strong enough to start over with it! I know that can be very hard. But you did it, and now think how lovely and healthy your hair will look at its former length!

Toadstool
September 7th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I second this, abuse = short hair in the end...

and starting over again

I sometimes feel sad because of all the damage I've cut off, for YEARS! Then I went and dyed/bleached etc etc. Now I'm leaving it alone but still have to keep trimming off damage. I'm not even at shoulder yet because I'm also growing my layers down.
Anyway, Speckla, like someone said, you must have super healthy hair now and that will mean you can just leave it grow as long as you like:)

Renbirde
September 7th, 2009, 01:46 AM
And here I was feeling all lonely. :) We can have a healthy hair party! :cake:

maxzeen
September 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
at least now you have healthy hair :)

spidermom
September 7th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Wow, I just realized that I've cut off 9" in the last two years. That includes relaxed, flatironed, and dyed too many times. I would be 1" from goal today it I hadn't treated my hair so poorly.

Guess I can look at it as 9" wasted or a good learning experience. Here's to :cheese:. No more abusing hair for me.

If you hadn't cut that damaged hair, it would probably have started to break off badly. So you did the right thing and will get to goal all that much sooner for it.

JamieLeigh
September 8th, 2009, 08:54 AM
It seems like I've cut off a ton this year too. I'd estimate roughly six inches of my ends have been chopped all year long, but I could be mistaken. :confused: I look at it as six inches that would have been taking me away from my goal of lengh + thick ends. :cool: It's always good to emphasize the positive, lol.