PDA

View Full Version : Redheadday 2009!

Calista
September 5th, 2009, 01:17 PM
This weekend the annual international meeting of redheaded people is taking place in Breda, Netherlands. Itīs Redheadday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redheadday)! :cheer:

Anybody here at LHC ever been there?

CheshireGrin
September 5th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Wow!! All of those pictures are SUPER trippy, especially the last two on the page. :blueeek: My eyes hurt now. lol

I love redheads, but I'm not one and I do not live in the Netherlands. :(

*Rose Red*
September 5th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I´ve seen this now for the first time, thanks for the link, it´s awesome. I love my red hair, and it must be very funny to see so many red haired people.
I would like to hear from people who´ve been there!

Pierre
September 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
First thing I thought of was Jabez Wilson and Ezekiah Hopkins in The Red-Headed League.

meph
September 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I've been there 2 times already. I'm thinking of going tomorrow too, I live very close by and I don't have anything else to do, so why not:shrug:. It's of cool to see so many redheads, as you rarely see 5 at the same time, but personally I kind of think it's getting a bit too much. I mean, it's just.. a hair colour.

The last two years they've had all sorts of activities. Kids could follow a workshop where they would learn to paint a self-portrait, you could learn about the gene responsible for red hair, there was a huge group picture, you could get discount or some things for free at certain restaurants and shops, there was red hair merchandise. Also, there was art about redheads which you could watch, you could get your picture taken for many projects.. I think I'm forgetting a lot of stuff but this should give you an idea what it's been like.

I think this year there's also a workshop for kids on how to deal with people bullying them because they've got red hair. I'm not sure if it's true though, and if it's new or not.

ETA: I'm going to bring a camera and make pictures, so if they don't turn out to be crappy and if anyone's interested, I could post them on the forums.

Little_Bird
September 5th, 2009, 02:43 PM
My hair is not read but I love that colour. Thank's for showing those pictures, they are amazing.

Be proud of your red hair, people. It's the rarest and surely the most beautyfull hair colour.

:D

Igor
September 5th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Aw, no. I wish I had known! I would have gone! :rockerdud

Medievalmaniac
September 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM
hmmm...it says it is only for natural red heads...what if we are redheads by choice and by spirit?

eadwine
September 6th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Then it's too bad for you. ;)

You are not a natural red head.

eadwine
September 6th, 2009, 01:50 AM
ETA: I'm going to bring a camera and make pictures, so if they don't turn out to be crappy and if anyone's interested, I could post them on the forums.

Be careful with the pictures. I'd only take pictures of the ones that are already taken at the park, those people KNOW they will be photographed after all at the official photo session.

If I were a redhead I might not want my picture taken and published in public on the net.